Elvis & Wayne Cochran

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Elvis & Wayne Cochran

Post by Little Darlin »

I've just posted a photo of Elvis and Wayne Cochran over in the Picture Section .. boy did he have tall hair...and the name of his Band was the C.C.Riders...photo can be found here.http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35111

Elvis used to go and see Cochran in Vegas and here's what he said about Elvis clothes.

Elvis Presley would come over and see our show. He really liked my clothes. When I was going to play opposite him his first month back in Las Vegas, I had two suits made for him and gave them to him. They featured the collar that I was wearing, which was like a Napoleonic Collar, the cuffs on the jacket, the cuffs on the pants and even the hip belt like I was wearing. From those two suits basically came the pattern for the clothes he would wear. Then I went to jump suits. It was the same sort of design, but in a jump suit rather than a two or three piece suit. The original suits were like Southern Plantation style. They were 3/4 length coats, cutaway in the front, with vests and lace shirts. Later, Elvis went to jump suits too. I loved designing. I designed all of our staging in Las Vegas.

Cochrans website here ..http://www.waynecochranandtheccriders.com/
Last edited by Little Darlin on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Eivind
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: Elvis & Wayne Cochran

Post by Eivind »

crazy dude! But, please go to his homepage and check out the other photo of Elvis there as well. Certainly new to my eyes, and what a great photo it is. The lady looks familiar, but I' m not sure...anyone?

Eivind

Topic author
Little Darlin
Registered for: 16 years 11 months
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

I thought I would post it too Eivind, but please still look at his website .. he certainly is a character.
elvischk.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Ricky
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by Ricky »

I've never heard of this guy.......he certainly takes a lot of credit for this, that and the other. Do you suppose he really influenced Elvis' stagewear?? Impressive pictures though........but that hair????

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Ricky wrote:I've never heard of this guy.......he certainly takes a lot of credit for this, that and the other. Do you suppose he really influenced Elvis' stagewear?? Impressive pictures though........but that hair????
Wayne wrote a pretty cool 1964 pop hit called "Last Kiss," later covered by Pearl Jam for a fan single and later a benefit CD.

Perhaps the outfits Cochran wore had some impact, but if you take a close look at the name of his backing band, you might see some more influence.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Johnny 99
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Johnny 99 »

E looks ultra cool in the photo on Cochran's website - not wishing to be disrespectful but the guy looks a joke - more like a novelty act - but hey E went to se him live, so who am I to judge.

''I'm a good guy, basically'' - Tony Soprano

''if I ever got to the place where I could feel all old Arthur felt, I’d be a music man like nobody ever saw.” - Elvis Presley (1956)

Memphis
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by Memphis »

Ricky wrote:I've never heard of this guy.......he certainly takes a lot of credit for this, that and the other. Do you suppose he really influenced Elvis' stagewear?? Impressive pictures though........but that hair????

It was the 60s, a lot of looks seem strange in retrospect/hindsight. here he is in a clip from Ann-Margret and Joe Namath's movie

I seem to remember seeing a picture of Elvis posing with his bride at their wedding.