Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

where: Elvis shopping for cars in jumpsuit

Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:10 am

What page is the picture of Elvis walking in a jumpsuit from a car dealership in memphis around 1975.

Re: where: Elvis shopping for cars in jumpsuit

Tue Feb 12, 2008 1:04 pm

I remember the discussion a while back, but wasn't that actually Elvis on the way to (or from) a hotel or a concert? It's really hard to believe he would have gone out shopping dressed in stage attire... he caused enough commotion in his "street clothes" when he went out on the town...

Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:12 pm

seanconners wrote:What page is the picture of Elvis walking in a jumpsuit from a car dealership in memphis around 1975.
As recently posted by Peter:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34472&start=0
http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9136/28674709wh7.jpg

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:44 pm

I'm still not buying it. There has to be more to it than that.

There has to be.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:54 pm

When researching for our Follow Me To Tennessee book last year, Andrew Hearn showed me that photo. When we got out to Memphis, we parked up on that road (can't remember what it's called off the top of my head, but I believe there used to be a lot of dealerships on that street) and started looking for the gates. We were just about to give up when the chap driving our car looked out the windscreen and there they were. It was funny just how excited some people were getting over finding some old gates!

Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:08 pm

Rob wrote:I'm still not buying it. There has to be more to it than that.

There has to be.

I'd like to see that picture in better resolution without the canvas texturing because to me it doesn't look like Elvis. The lower face is wrong (too compact) and Elvis's walk was not pigeon toed (where the feet point out in opposite directions) The suit and the entourage make it look like it could be him but I don't think it is. Could it have been a staged photograph for the dealer?

28674709wh7.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:18 pm

I'm not sure what the deal is, but I have a hard time believing for an instant that Elvis was walking around town in a jumpsuit. I've not been able to sleep since this picture has surfaced.

If indeed I find out that this pic is the real deal and it DID happen that way, I have no choice but to get rid of my entire Elvis collection. It just shatters my image of the man.
I'll never be able to listen to another CD, watch another DVD, or read another book. Hell, I won't even sell it. I'll just give it away and become a Beatles fan.

Well, that last part....probably not.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:27 pm

Rob wrote:I'll never be able to listen to another CD, watch another DVD, or read another book. Hell, I won't even sell it. I'll just give it away and become a Beatles fan.

Really, oh well in that case ... yeah it is him! Honest! No Question about it!
I'll give you my address by PM and await my delivery? I'll send you a thank you letter post marked from here in Liverpool to get your new collection underway!

But seriously, Duke, I'm more convinced its not him.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:35 pm

Rob wrote:I'm not sure what the deal is, but I have a hard time believing for an instant that Elvis was walking around town in a jumpsuit. I've not been able to sleep since this picture has surfaced.

If indeed I find out that this pic is the real deal and it DID happen that way, I have no choice but to get rid of my entire Elvis collection. It just shatters my image of the man.
I'll never be able to listen to another CD, watch another DVD, or read another book. Hell, I won't even sell it. I'll just give it away and become a Beatles fan.

Well, that last part....probably not.

c'mon everyone likes a joke but thats too far :evil: :evil: Beatles :evil: :evil: :lol:
if you find out it is Elvis.....did you know its Children in need soon(is it) and seen as I'm a child still(or so my mum says) i am in need of a few thousand Elvis CDs a few hundred DVDs and Books, so ill PM you my address :wink: :wink: :wink:

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:27 pm

Oh I think it is Elvis allright, and I don't understand why Rob, you think it is so strange for him to be walking around town in a jumpsuit. I mean, the man used to don a full dress Police uniform remember and then there are the photos of Elvis wearing a white turban and ski masks and so on.

I think he was maybe wearing this jumpsuit that day at home for whatever reason, maybe Bill Belew had sent someone because some jumpsuits had to be altered. And maybe Elvis suddenly felt the urge to go shopping for cars and heck he didn't want to change :)

Cheers,
Simon

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:42 pm

Simon1 wrote:Image

Oh I think it is Elvis allright, and I don't understand why Rob, you think it is so strange for him to be walking around town in a jumpsuit.

I have no proof that the figure is Elvis, although it certainly looks like him to me, along with Linda Thompson, Billy Smith, Esposito, etc. But I would find it WAY strange to learn he was walking around town in a jumpsuit. Creepy, even.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:52 pm

Simon1 wrote:I don't understand why Rob, you think it is so strange for him to be walking around town in a jumpsuit.

Apparently, I'm not the only one here who thinks so.

Don't worry though. I'm not really going to become a Beatles fan.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:38 pm

Rob wrote:Don't worry though. I'm not really going to become a Beatles fan.

oh god, i have been in a hospital waiting room for the last few hours waiting for gas and air, you scared me man, don't do that again.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:43 pm

He's obviously going to a hotel before a show. As if he'd go shopping in the White Phoenix suit! People might think Donnie Osmond is in town....

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:48 pm

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:People might think Donnie Osmond is in town....

Ouch!

If it is the case of a show, it surely must be afterwards (hair, no scarf).

Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:58 pm

Yeah I guess. It reminds me of the footage on RETURN TO SPLENDOUR.

Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:00 pm

Rob wrote:
Simon1 wrote:I don't understand why Rob, you think it is so strange for him to be walking around town in a jumpsuit.

Apparently, I'm not the only one here who thinks so.

Don't worry though. I'm not really going to become a Beatles fan.

Thank goodness Rob! :wink:

Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:25 am

Does anyone else find Elvis' footwear a bit odd?

Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:00 am

EagleUSA wrote:Does anyone else find Elvis' footwear a bit odd?

My first thought as well !

Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:20 am

I can imagine Elvis and the guys sitting around, slightly bored, and a conversation ending with: "...and if you lose, you have to walk around town in a jumpsuit..."

I guess E didn't win all the bets.... :)

Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:21 pm

Simon1 wrote:Image

What did he wind up buying? A Trans Am? :smt002

But very, very interesting - I've never ever heard about this before nor read about it, until now