More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
bc55
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Ernst's SUN project article on Elvis Australia

Post by bc55 »

http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/cd/sun_cd_book_project.shtml

They way I understand this, is that there will be close to nothing new musically, but great effort will be put into the book.

That alone should be worth getting the set for, but I myself was hoping for a little more new stuff in the audio department .....

Cheers

Sven

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: Ernst's SUN project article on Elvis Australia

Post by ekenee »

bc55 wrote:http://www.elvis.com.au/presley/cd/sun_cd_book_project.shtml

They way I understand this, is that there will be close to nothing new musically, but great effort will be put into the book.

That alone should be worth getting the set for, but I myself was hoping for a little more new stuff in the audio department .....
Me to. The acetates deserve a good restoration.
What other time will this happen?
And at least one new song should have been found in a decade of searching, one would think?

JamesVRoy
Registered for: 18 years 7 months

Post by JamesVRoy »

cool that bripet got a nod too.
I can certainly respect that bit about getting it as right as can be but then knowing that someone will point out the mistakes as soon as its released. I have the luxury on Scotty's site of correcting as need be that which I don't get right the 1st, 2nd 3rd.... time.

Can't wait to see the updated early dates and photos.

Johanesson
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by Johanesson »

This article contains nothing new.
It was compiled from Ernst's well-known (and not that new) statements,isn't it?
However,it's obvious that most of the fans (about 90% of them) want the acetates on this upcoming release.

kuenzer
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by kuenzer »

For the original source, see this thread.

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

Isn't there a recordplayer that does not use a needle but a sort of laserbeam like CD-players do? I learned these recordplayers play scratchy old records and eliminate all his, scratches and pops. But were very expensive when I read the article years ago so I do not know if it went into production and BMG has one to play these old Elvis acetates and give us good clear scratch- and hiss-free sound on an upcoming Sun set.

ritchie valens
Banned for Political Trolling
Banned for Political Trolling
Registered for: 19 years

Post by ritchie valens »

kb work will be great on this.

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Post by drjohncarpenter »

kuenzer wrote:For the original source, see this thread.
Yes, indeed, THANK YOU, kuenzer. Most of that piece derives from MY topic -- and Ernst's replies there.

Ironically, the CD track listing being touted as from Ernst is actually MY projected idea VERBATIM. Just take a peek at the above linked FECC MB topic, which began on December 30.

That site has no shame whatsoever, just taking material off the internet at will, without attribution.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

JeroenNL
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by JeroenNL »

I feel that Ernst has learned over the years not to give too much details about new projects and in particular the SUN book/cd project. That way our hopes will not go up sky high and it saves a lot of speculation and debates on the internet.

When you closely study the releases so far (check Keith's site ;-) ) you will see he is holding back material. Why? perhabs for one final boxset to be released in 2010, the year Elvis should have turned 75. The ideal year to complete the Silver/Gold/Platinum Boxsets series with 'Diamond'...

As for the SUN book, well I do suspect some surprises, perhabs one or two tracks. Not based on facts, just a feeling.

We'll just have to wait and see!

drjohncarpenter

JeroenNL wrote:When you closely study the releases so far (check Keith's site ;-) ) you will see he is holding back material.
What material would this be?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

ekenee

Post by ekenee »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
JeroenNL wrote:When you closely study the releases so far (check Keith's site ;-) ) you will see he is holding back material.
What material would this be?
That's a rhetorical question right? Because everyone and their dog knows that he has held back material for one reason or another. This has been mentioned numerous times on this message board over and over again.

drjohncarpenter

ekenee wrote:That's a rhetorical question right?
No, it is not. Ernst is on record in many different interviews that BMG does not have any policy of this sort. They put material out as soon as they are able to do so.

If you have facts to the contrary, do share.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by midnightx »

drjohncarpenter wrote:Ernst is on record in many different interviews that BMG does not have any policy of this sort. They put material out as soon as they are able to do so.
Hopefully they are able to issue Richmond 72 or Hampton Roads 72 sooner rather than later. It doesn't appear that there is a deluxe EOT DVD project on the horizon that they can coincide a release of that material with. There is no reason Hampton Roads should continue gathering dust in the archives. But, generally speaking, Ernst isn't one to hoard material.

drjohncarpenter

midnightx wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Ernst is on record in many different interviews that BMG does not have any policy of this sort. They put material out as soon as they are able to do so.
Hopefully they are able to issue Richmond 72 or Hampton Roads 72 sooner rather than later. It doesn't appear that there is a deluxe EOT DVD project on the horizon that they can coincide a release of that material with. There is no reason Hampton Roads should continue gathering dust in the archives. But, generally speaking, Ernst isn't one to hoard material.
Well, except maybe for that deluxe "Elvis In Concert" 3xDVD set.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

ekenee

Post by ekenee »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ekenee wrote:That's a rhetorical question right?
No, it is not. Ernst is on record in many different interviews that BMG does not have any policy of this sort. They put material out as soon as they are able to do so.

If you have facts to the contrary, do share.
Re-read the posters post again very carefully and then read Ernst's book on this subject and you will find the answers. Ernst has not released all he could have, for one reason or another.
Ernst sometimes holds back material because of timing or the fact that only 80 minutes fits on a cd, or he just feels like it I suppose.

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by midnightx »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
midnightx wrote:
Well, except maybe for that deluxe "Elvis In Concert" 3xDVD set.
Yes, and it is very upsetting.