APRIL FTD RELEASE!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Re: APRIL FTD RELEASE!

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

My point exactly mathew. It's streets ahead of the Aloha master we had beforehand! But with the "HooOOT Damn!!" adlib intact (which is cool in the complete show) - we'd still have to use the ALOHA master if ever a compilation required the track.

TONY
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by TONY »

Steve Morse wrote:Let's hope we get the ORIGINAL single version of I've Lost You.

I have raised this in the past and it has been confirmed (by Keith Flynn?). The close-out (not fade out) features an impassioned "oh, oh, I've lost you". I'm not even sure this original version has ever made it to an official CD.

Steve Morse
There was a slighlty longer fade out of "I've lost you" on one of the love songs US CD's about 10 years ago, but I can't remember the exact title there's been so many. It was the same release that first featured the stereo master of "Love me tender".

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

Hot damn - I'm so excited about this !!

I'm VERY much looking forward to the TTWII FTD set. I just LOVE those 1970 Nashville sessions -- the music that he recorded that summer is just fantastic.

Ernst, Roger, and Co. --- THANK YOU.

Rich

ImageImageImage

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****

Post by ekenee »

My thought is there are usually dozens of live versions of any given songs. I want them as ELvis performed them in concert with all the ad-libs.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

ekenee wrote:My thought is there are usually dozens of live versions of any given songs. I want them as ELvis performed them in concert with all the ad-libs.
And we have them - "Something" in its undoctored form is available within the context of the complete show on the "Live in Las Vegas" boxset. I am still thankful we have the "master" version as well though.

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

Again, I agree Mathew. Just look at the un-edited and the edited/modified versions as seperate entities that serve different purposes.

midnightx
Registered for: 20 years 4 months

Post by midnightx »

YDKM wrote:this certainly has the chance to be 'really good' still plenty of outakes to hear or indeed most of that excellent 13.8.70 dinner show.i take this April FTD to be 'good news'. :lol:
I would love to see that show issued as well. This may end up being mostly studio material, but if they do add a live show, this would be a welcomed addition.

DJL
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by DJL »

I have raised this in the past and it has been confirmed (by Keith Flynn?). The close-out (not fade out) features an impassioned "oh, oh, I've lost you". I'm not even sure this original version has ever made it to an official CD.

Steve Morse
Steve, you are right. The only place I know where there is a longer version with Elvis singing strongly the "oh, oh I've lost you" is found on the 45 single release.

That's the only time I ever heard it much fuller. It would be awesome if they would release this version in the new FTD.

DJL

Johanesson
Registered for: 18 years

Post by Johanesson »

Matthew wrote:
The previous 3CD Boxset “That’s The Way It Is – Special Edition” on the main label a) was released about 8 years ago now and b) was a wide focus set focused mainly on the movie rather than the album. Hopefully this new FTD 2CD release will focus on the album itself and the recording sessions surrounding it. It should include the original album tracks (although I will forgive them if they release the pure “Bridge Over Troubled Water” instead of the terrible dubbed applause version) along with the singles “I’ve Lost You” and “Patch It Up”. The rest of the album should be made up of the June 1970 session outtakes. Considering the length of the original album plus these singles that’s over 50 minutes of space used. We’re probably looking at around 100 mins of disc space.
I agree.
We already have many TTWII rehearsals on bootleg and official CD's and even on DVD's. We have 3 complete and 3 half TTWII shows. Now it's about time to get the studio outtakes!

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man wrote:
No songs should be used that weren't on the original album.
Basically i agree but there are a few exceptions.
'The Sound Of Your Cry' and 'Mystery Train / Tiger Man (Jam)' are rather belong to TTWII than to 'Elvis Country' or 'Love Letters'.
'Sylvia' is a border-line case. It's a non-country song which was recorded in june 1970,so it somewhat belongs to TTWII even if it wasn't used on the album and in the movie. But it also belongs to 'Elvis Now'. Considering that there are 8 outtakes of this song (and 7 of them are unreleased) 1 outtake on TTWII and another one (or 2) on 'Elvis Now' wouldn't hurt.

Harty
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Harty »

sorry folks, mabe Iam wrong (sorry Ernst) but the offiical backcatalogue or the original master LP's should be still releases by BMG/SONY. The TTWII LP should be placed on BMG and not on FTD. Outtakes , unreleased Live songs, alternate takes, jams ..from August 1970 are welcome on FTD. but do not fill the backcatalogue with some outtakes and release it on FTD. The TTWII recordings are fantastic and should be available for ALL Elvis Fans worldwide.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Harty wrote:The TTWII LP should be placed on BMG and not on FTD.
Outtakes , unreleased Live songs, alternate takes, jams ..from August 1970 are welcome on FTD. but do not fill the backcatalogue with some outtakes and release it on FTD.
The TTWII recordings are fantastic and should be available for ALL Elvis Fans worldwide.
Err.......... FTD releases are available worldwide, aren't they ?

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Harty

Post by Harty »

sure ? are they?

I guess it is a difference to buy an Elvis CD in a public shop or via a special FDT dealer. The other point is, there are only approx. 10.000 FTD per release. TTWII is for the mass market

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Harty wrote:sure ? are they?

I guess it is a difference to buy an Elvis CD in a public shop or via a special FDT dealer. The other point is, there are only approx. 10.000 FTD per release.
TTWII is for the mass market
Oh, the mass market, yes, they need the main BMG label releases.

But you were saying that FTD releases deprived Elvis fans worldwide from getting the stuff.

Not true..................

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Harty

Post by Harty »

sorry it is my opinion. The original backcatalogue was and should be still for mass market. FTD originally is just a collectors gem with nice and rare outtakes. But it is a shame to take the original catalogue away and push it to FTD. Why ?

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

Harty wrote:sorry it is my opinion. The original backcatalogue was and should be still for mass market. FTD originally is just a collectors gem with nice and rare outtakes. But it is a shame to take the original catalogue away and push it to FTD. Why ?
But you could say the same for Elvis Presley, Loving You, 50,0000, Elvis Is Back, Something For Everybody, His Hand In Mine, Pot Luck.

I don't see the problem. TTWII is just another in the series.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

TONY

Post by TONY »

This 7" sleeve FTD collection is coming along very nicely. What a marvellous collection of releases.

bajo

Post by bajo »

I'm looking forward to this TTWII classic album release! I'm with Matthew on this! All in all the classic series is a true joy to have in the collection!
And for those who missed out on the THE WAY IT WAS book/cd release. Now's the chance to get the CD!
Nice move Ernst!

"If you love me let me know, if you don't, ....move it!"