More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
nicolaas1974
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Elvis Record stores in New York

Post by nicolaas1974 »

Elvis Recordstores IN New York.

Does anybody have a good adress to go and buy Elvisrecords, and than i mean records, vinyl 45s and stuff like that in NY. Im going there soon, and hope to find some good Elvis souvenirs.
im sure there are people who know the places im searchin for.

Greetz, Nico

elvisjock
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Re: Elvis Record stores in New York

Post by elvisjock »

Colony Music, in Times Square, has some interesting Elvis memorabilia on display. At one time, they had a massive collection of vinyl for sale. You could get lost in that store for hours. Last time I was there, an employee told me the vinyl was now only "available by appointment only."

"Don't tell me to play it. I will when I get ready. Do you understand me?"

E-Cat
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by E-Cat »

elvisjock wrote:Colony Music, in Times Square, has some interesting Elvis memorabilia on display. At one time, they had a massive collection of vinyl for sale. You could get lost in that store for hours. Last time I was there, an employee told me the vinyl was now only "available by appointment only."
...the Colony Music shop logo was also used to create the background in the pic below:

Please do not thank me--- Thank Elvis for making THIS happen.

likethebike
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by likethebike »

Bleecker Bob's at 118 West Third Street has a good selection of vintage albums. There are no CDs. Get there in the day. It's not open at night. Also Bleecker Street Records at 29 Bleecker has some good vintage vinyl downstairs. You must go downstairs though as the top floor is CDs. I also think that Generation records on Thompson also has some vinyly on its bottom floor but I can't 100 percent recall. Double check these addresses before you go.

It's getting tougher and tougher to find class places any more.

samses
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by samses »

I'm also going to New York in a while and I would to know where I can find EP DVDs and CDs (import)

likethebike

Post by likethebike »

Both Bleecker Street Records and Generation have bootleg/import DVDs. However as of my last visit on January 5 they had few import CDs although they have had in my visits in the past. Also look up Revolution Records online. It is in the low teens I think and caters primarily to a classic rock crowd but I have found some affordable imports there over the years. Some I think are CDRS but they all come with art work.

Also it doesn't happen often but the Virgin chain in the Village once in awhile stocks an FTD. Memphis Sessions is the most frequent title I see. Also, I have found a lot of stuff like the Japanese cardboard/paper sleeve imports there. Virgin in the Village (which apparently will be eliminated next year) is much better for some reason than Virgin in Times Square.

Topic author
nicolaas1974
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by nicolaas1974 »

Fantastic, friends!

Thanks a lot! Our hotel is next to Times Square so thats great news. Again thanks a lot.
I am dreaming of going to the USA for years and now i won a 5-day trip to New York!!!

Nicolaas, The Netherlands

likethebike

Post by likethebike »

Nicholass take the subway down to the Village part of town and you'll find the best stuff there.