Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Frankyboy5
Registered for: 16 years 2 months

Lake Tahoe

Post by Frankyboy5 »

Hi, does anybody knows if any video of any Tahoe engagement exists?

Ben

Re: Lake Tahoe

Post by Ben »

there is no footage available from Lake Tahoe of Elvis, there isn't even many pictures of him in Tahoe(about 10 at most, on stage) and there is only 3 shows from '71, 6 from '73, 10 from '74(two seasons) and then the last season('76) has every show available(most in bad sound quality tho) and IMO this is one of the best tours/seasons of the '70's, he is in great form and singing some VERY rare songs

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

ben wrote:there is no footage available from Lake Tahoe of Elvis, ....
That we know of and/or have generally seen.
I seem to recall the On Tour crew were in Tahoe, were they not, and we have seen footage of someone being interviewed (was it possibly the hotel manager?) I can't recall now the details but it was in the On tour out takes possibly.

elvislennon
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by elvislennon »

Steve_M wrote:
I seem to recall the On Tour crew were in Tahoe, were they not, and we have seen footage of someone being interviewed (was it possibly the hotel manager?) I can't recall now the details but it was in the On tour out takes possibly.

Umm, come to think of it the On Tour crew was at Lake Tahoe. Hmmm, I never realize that until now.

Joern
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Joern »

ben wrote:... he is in great form and singing some VERY rare songs
Uh? Great from? I don't think so... :?

Joern

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

elvislennon wrote:
Steve_M wrote:

Umm, come to think of it the On Tour crew was at Lake Tahoe. Hmmm, I never realize that until now.
Ummmmmmmmm....is that confirmation they were. Ummmmmmmmm.....if you didn't realise that until I asked then are saying you are not confirming?

If I "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm" longer at the begining of sentences does it improve what I say, or does it make me look a twat as well :lol:

Scott

Post by Scott »

Steve_M wrote:I seem to recall the On Tour crew were in Tahoe, were they not.
Considering Elvis' Tahoe engagement was July/August 1971 - ten/eleven months before On Tour was filmed - it is unlikely. The On Tour crew did not film in Tahoe.

And then he returned there eleven months after On Tour ... so, again, no.

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Yes, i was aware of that as were the people questioning the footage within the out takes because the timeline of events didnt add up.

I've searched the site and cannot find the original query, maybe the person who I think was identified as being from the hotel was filmed at another venue, but the context of what he was saying then wouldn't have made that right.

Scott, I think you're supposed to say "Ummmm" for some reason at the beginning of your sentence, not sure why, maybe its national "Ummm" day where we have to look like we're part stupid or something.

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Robert »

In the On Tour outtakes, a guy mentioned Elvis could sell out for several months here in Lake Tahoe..
Don't have time to look it up for exact details right now.
But MGM crew obviously was present in Tahoe'71!

Does not mean any Elvis footage exist though.

Ben

Post by Ben »

Robert wrote:In the On Tour outtakes, a guy mentioned Elvis could sell out for several months here in Lake Tahoe..
Don't have time to look it up for exact details right now.
But MGM crew obviously was present in Tahoe'71!

Does not mean any Elvis footage exist though.
maybe they filmed it in '72, or anytime when Elvis wasn't performing there. they would have used Lake Tahoe instead of Vegas 'cos they did a film about Elvis in Vegas just 2 years earlier

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Robert »

The footage provides the answer...
It's only few feet away from where I am right now, but it's sunday you know;)

Steve_M

Post by Steve_M »

Thanks for giving the detail Robert, I knew I wasn't going mad.

Make that, Ummm, I knew i wasn't going mad. :lol:

(Thought for the day: If you know that you're not mad, how would you know that that in itself is not a mad thought?)