Keith, what are the changes on your site??

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Ben

Keith, what are the changes on your site??

Post by Ben »

hi keith, i have looked at your updated site tonite and i would like to know what you mean when it says, for example:
February 17 (Midnight Show) - Showroom, International Hotel, Las Vegas
Love Me Tender Unreleased
Don't Cry Daddy Unreleased (Listed in "Sessions III" - Could refer to February 16 Dinner Show)
Kentucky Rain Writing For The King (FTD)°° (Multi-Track)
Let It Be Me Unreleased
Walk A Mile In My Shoes Unreleased (Listed in "Sessions III" - Could refer to February 16 Dinner Show)
Sweet Caroline Unreleased
Polk Salad Annie Unreleased (Listed in "Sessions III" - Could refer to February 16 Dinner Show)

------
i was wondering why you have listed songs that are unreleased and not just the songs that you know exist from soundboard/milti-track??
thanks for the great site
Ben

Topic author
Keith F

Re: Keith, what are the changes on your site??

Post by Keith F »

Hi Ben

The main changes I've made is listing matrix numbers etc... to keep the 'Live 1969-77' (previously 'Multi Track / Soundboards') lists in line with the other lists on my site. This has allowed me to mention overdubs etc... and also is in line with my 'Recording Sessions' pages, which previously I couldn't have done. You'll also notice that I've listed all concerts now, and this wil be easier to add tracklistings for any new soundboards released in future!

Also i've shown, for example, songs that are listed in "Sessions III" that are said to have been recorded on Multi-Track but are as yet still unreleased.
With the example you mention, I've shown that Tunzi says there are unreleased versions of 'Don't Cry Daddy', 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' and 'Polk Salad Annie' from February 17 1970 Midnight Show in the vaults, but there are versions of these songs (which he doesn't list) released on FTD from February 16 Dinner Show. I'm saying perhaps Tunzi got the shows wrong! (Or maybe FTD did!)

With the changes I've made, it has allowed me to get as much information as I could out to the fans, from the Session Logs and paper work I have, that otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to do.

Thanks for looking

Topic author
Keith F

Post by Keith F »

John,

Any spare time I have is spent on Elvis, but I feel I have taken my site as far as I can (Apart from any new releases), so I can now concentrate my time on articles for "The Man And His Music" which, by the way, I was asked to do!

I found it a privelege to be asked to write for the best Elvis magazine around, and it was a request I just couldn't turn down!

Topic author
Ben

Post by Ben »

Keith F wrote:Hi Ben

The main changes I've made is listing matrix numbers etc... to keep the 'Live 1969-77' (previously 'Multi Track / Soundboards') lists in line with the other lists on my site. This has allowed me to mention overdubs etc... and also is in line with my 'Recording Sessions' pages, which previously I couldn't have done. You'll also notice that I've listed all concerts now, and this wil be easier to add tracklistings for any new soundboards released in future!

Also i've shown, for example, songs that are listed in "Sessions III" that are said to have been recorded on Multi-Track but are as yet still unreleased.
With the example you mention, I've shown that Tunzi says there are unreleased versions of 'Don't Cry Daddy', 'Walk A Mile In My Shoes' and 'Polk Salad Annie' from February 17 1970 Midnight Show in the vaults, but there are versions of these songs (which he doesn't list) released on FTD from February 16 Dinner Show. I'm saying perhaps Tunzi got the shows wrong! (Or maybe FTD did!)
With the changes I've made, it has allowed me to get as much information as I could out to the fans, from the Session Logs and paper work I have, that otherwise, I wouldn't have been able to do.

Thanks for looking
thanks a lot Keith, your site is the best place for info on sessions and live material i go through all the info on the site at least once a week and find something new,
Keith F wrote:Jso I can now concentrate my time on articles for "The Man And His Music" which, by the way, I was asked to do!
i loved(the sesions part) the articles in the Man And His Music i have one problem thought :cry: why do i have to wait another 4 month for the live mistakes :evil: :evil:
thanks a lot

JeroenNL

Post by JeroenNL »

Hi Keith,

Must say that you are doing a terrific job!! Very much enjoy reading your articles in ETMAHM. Last issiue had so much information it is mind boggeling! :smt120 :smt119

Keep up the good work!! And thanks for doing all this!!

colonel snow

Post by colonel snow »

for the fan who wants to know everything about the Elvis recordings and many more this is the site linked to your favourites on your PC.

colonel snow