A New Audience Recording For Us!!!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Rob

A New Audience Recording For Us!!!

Post by Rob »

Another new audience recording is available to us. I'm predicting that it will be one of the biggest sellers ever. Isn't this neat?

Another new audience CD release is "You Ain't Ain't Ain't Nothing But A Hound Dog" from July 29th, 1976 Springfield, Mass. Here the tracklisting:
2001 Theme / See See Rider/ I Got A Woman / Amen / Love Me / If You Love Me Let Me Know / You Gave Me A Mountain / Help Me / All Shook Up / Teddy Bear / Don't Be Cruel / And I Love You So / Jailhouse Rock / America The Beautiful / Polk Salad Annie / Elvis introduces his band / Love Letters / Hail, Hail Rock & Roll / Hurt - repeat / Hound Dog / Funny How Time Slips Away / Can't Help Falling In Love

dl

Re: A New Audience Recording For Us!!!

Post by dl »

Wow, that's great news :wink: !

I guess the quality of the sound matches the quality of Elvis' performance. And just look at the tracklisting. What an interesting show! And the artwork - great!

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

This one sure does smack of quality.

I am guessing at least 20 page photo book :)

I'll buy it of course, not sure that I will cherish it completely though !!

Big Boss In Trouble on the other hand at least has an interesting tracklisting, and sound which is rumoured to be pretty decent :)

dl

Post by dl »

I still buy audience recorded shows - if the quality is good (of cause, considering the source) and the artwork is done well. I don't know if the "Big Boss Man..." is worth having. On the CD "In Dreams Of Yesterday" (released by Memory Records) the recording of "Big Boss Man" can be found. The version sounds interesting, because David Briggs didn't know the song too well and James Burton takes over his part somewhat.

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

dl wrote:On the CD "In Dreams Of Yesterday" (released by Memory Records) the recording of "Big Boss Man" can be found. The version sounds interesting, because David Briggs didn't know the song too well and James Burton takes over his part somewhat.
Don't think it is on that Cd :shock:

dl

Post by dl »

Sorry, it was released on "Charleston Rocks". There are quite a few interesting bonus songs on this disc that where recorded in 1976. Besides the version of "Big Boss Man" you can also hear "Until It's Time For You To Go" (Johnson City, March 1976) and "I Just Can't Help Believin" (Las Vegas, December 1976). There are more bonus songs, but these three are the most interesting ones.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Yes that's it - Charleston Rocks - I was just scouring my shelves trying to see which Memory Cd it was on. I knew it was there somewhere.

Interesting Cd in fact, and a rare soundboard from Memory (In Dreams being the other one !!)

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Last edited by Mike S on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Mike S wrote:Looking forward to your review Rob.
I'm looking forward to Cisco's review :lol:

Joern

Post by Joern »

dl wrote:I still buy audience recorded shows - if the quality is good (of cause, considering the source) and the artwork is done well. I don't know if the "Big Boss Man..." is worth having. On the CD "In Dreams Of Yesterday" (released by Memory Records) the recording of "Big Boss Man" can be found. The version sounds interesting, because David Briggs didn't know the song too well and James Burton takes over his part somewhat.
I listened to an available soundsample of different songs from "Big Boss In Trouble" and they didn't even get the speed right. Even if Elvis performance wasn't really good I'm sure he didn't sound that slow. Spend your money on something more worthy than this CD.

Joern

Topic author
Scott

Post by Scott »

Why all the sarcasm?

I think some of you have been spolied over the years with soundboards and the like, or are you too young to remember when LP and cassette audience recordings were an exciting event?

Just be grateful someone has taken the time to put out this show, especially in the absence of a soundboard.

Be grateful you get to hear yet another Elvis show.

And just try ... try ... to live without a 20-page booklet for every damn CD! :?

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

They have even stolen the title of the CDR which is floating around of this show for years now...
Errr...more to say...no more efforts at all..
I tell you the running time of my cdr is 61:49, intros incomplete, Closing Vamp missing..I bet my ass they just took the CDR and copied it...along with the title..
A side note..this show is oftenly wrongly dated 5.8.76 and released as Fayetteville Flowers ....check it the shows are the same..

So..very strictly for die hard collectors..who settle for cheaply made imports...and to be sincere..the shows from this period are very boring....elvis is more or less over medicated..and we already have enough SB and AR from this time..

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Little Darlin
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Not a very Flattering Cover is it? I'll pass on this one.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Topic author
Rob

Post by Rob »

scott wrote:Why all the sarcasm?
Because I knew just as sure as I was born that had I been serious about it, the same people would make the same remarks. I tried to keep the exciting announcement as upbeat as I could. While this one may be a must for some collectors, this is one collector than will more than likely let this one pass him by.
scott wrote:I think some of you have been spolied over the years with soundboards and the like, or are you too young to remember when LP and cassette audience recordings were an exciting event?
I remember the days oh too well. About 27 years ago, I received about 300 audience recorded shows direct from Arkansas. When I received them without covers, labels or cases, I was ecstatic. I put them in my collection along with my LP's such as, "Rockin' With Elvis New Year's Eve, From The Waist Up, From The Dark To The Light, Trouble In Vegas, The Legend Lives On, Elvis Presley Is Alive And Well And Singing In Las Vegas, The HillBilly Cat Live," and so many others.

Many here have no idea what those days were like. Soundboard? What in the hell is a soundboard? I'd have killed for something like "Elvis At Full Blast" in 1980. Yes, some are spoiled. However, let's not just take any ol' release from July 1976 and throw it together with lousy cover art and give it a title like, "You Ain't Ain't Ain't Nothing But A Hound Dog." I'm not a huge fan of shows from this period, but if it is done right, I would probably go ahead and get it (and still may).

Sorry, but I can't be "grateful" that someone has put this out. Especially when Southern Comfort, Madison, Straight Arrow and the likes are giving us top-notch packages.

Enjoy your CD.
Last edited by Rob on Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

scott wrote:Why all the sarcasm?

I think some of you have been spolied over the years with soundboards and the like, or are you too young to remember when LP and cassette audience recordings were an exciting event?

Just be grateful someone has taken the time to put out this show, especially in the absence of a soundboard.

Be grateful you get to hear yet another Elvis show.

And just try ... try ... to live without a 20-page booklet for every damn CD! :?
All joking (and reverse sarcasm aside !!) - yes we have been spoiled by the elite quality labels this last few years. Production quality is now at an all time high - very professional artwork and picture disc CDs, and good re-mastering of sound from often limited source tapes.

16 Page booklets (and occaisional 20 page) have pushed the boundaries still further.

In the consumers mind this must beg the question "why do I pay the same for this as I do for that ??

Certainly crosses my mind!!

Still buy em though and am glad of them !!!

Topic author
Scott

Post by Scott »

Rob wrote: Enjoy your CD.
I have no intention of buying this one anyway ...

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

scott wrote:
Hypocrite !! :twisted: :wink:

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

scott wrote:
A good decision...really.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Topic author
Scott

Post by Scott »

BIGREDG wrote:
scott wrote:
Hypocrite !! :twisted: :wink:
You need to go back to the dictionary and look up the word "hypocrite". Why was my statement hypocritical?

People were on here bitching about the lack of quality in this release, and I suggested that they should be grateful to hear another Elvis show, even in such poor quality.

My statement would only be hypocritical if I then turned around and bitched about another CD or poor quality or something similar.

And far Q.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Oh Scott, you are too serious by far.

It was semi- tongue in cheek, but in all honesty your posts did have a tinge of not practicing what you preach.

Telling people to be grateful they have another audience Cd to enjoy, and try ... try to live without a 20 page booklet, and then coming back and saying "I'm not getting the cd anyway" is funny - come on you gotta admit that ??

Far Q ? Now that's a good one too :lol:

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Joern wrote:I listened to an available soundsample of different songs from "Big Boss In Trouble" and they didn't even get the speed right. Even if Elvis performance wasn't really good I'm sure he didn't sound that slow. Spend your money on something more worthy than this CD. Joern
Yes I gotta agree - I heard the same samples and thought the same. Pretty reasonable sound, but they really should have been able to get the speed up a notch !!

kuenzer

Ain't Ain't Ain't

Post by kuenzer »

Has anybody heard You Ain't Ain't Ain't Nothin But A Hound Dog by now (the factory pressed version, that is)? Is it worthwhile?

For me, there are arguments in the setlist to buy it - Help Me, And I Love You So, America The Beautiful, Love Letters, Hurt. But then, did Elvis put some effort in it? And is the sound acceptable?

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

I am hoping mine will arrive tomorrow.

As soon as it does I will whip up a quick review. (unless Cisco has one first :wink: )

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

BIGREDG wrote:I am hoping mine will arrive tomorrow.

As soon as it does I will whip up a quick review. (unless Cisco has one first :wink: )
My review:

Opening Vamp incomplete
Introductions incomplete (or complete but spliced from 2 sources) but I think Tony Brown and David Briggs solos are missing...they weren`t so smart to find the second source of this show.
Closing Vamp is missing ..the second source includes the Closing Vamp..
Running time: 61:49
Sound: soso..
Show itself : average...nothing new at all..

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Ciscoking wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:I am hoping mine will arrive tomorrow.

My review:

Opening Vamp incomplete
Introductions incomplete (or complete but spliced from 2 sources) but I think Tony Brown and David Briggs solos are missing...they weren`t so smart to find the second source of this show.
Closing Vamp is missing ..the second source includes the Closing Vamp..
Running time: 61:49
Sound: soso..
Show itself : average...nothing new at all..
You have really whetted my appetite now !! I shall be camping out by the letter box all morning :wink: