Re: "Baby lets Play House" REMIX is back on youtube

Post by Bodie »

Now i really like this remix.

Paul
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Paul »

I love the new remix :D
Anything that is going to get Elvis music to new fans is a good thing imho. I smell a number one single 8) In fact wouldn't itbe great if this was the Christmas number one !

TONY

Post by TONY »

That other remix features members of the Stray Cats. They did 6 tracks on a cd. When I played one of these tracks at "Capital Elvis" a couple of years back, Lester came and had a go at me!!! So I have never used them since!

E-Cat

Post by E-Cat »

PEP wrote: Nevertheless Elvis needs something like this again for the general public to take notice of Elvis' Genius, here will have a classic song from 1955' turning some heads again and in return the ETA's are forgotten about again for a while as Elvis will gain some creditability back.
Well said !
PEP wrote:Presley's classic Baby Let's Play House, re-mixed by progressive DJ/producer Spankox, will be released in several territories as a commercial single on the 10th of December.
Update: First release is planned Nov 30 th (Canada, Italy, Finland, Sweden and Norway)

Please do not thank me--- Thank Elvis for making THIS happen.

Bodie
Registered for: 17 years

Post by Bodie »

TONY wrote:That other remix features members of the Stray Cats. They did 6 tracks on a cd. When I played one of these tracks at "Capital Elvis" a couple of years back, Lester came and had a go at me!!! So I have never used them since!
Im not surprised.

I said i liked it, i didnt mean i wanted to hear it at an Elvis Disco. :wink:

Little Darlin
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

I hope it's a HUGE hit.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

TONY

Post by TONY »

Bodie wrote:
But that is a good place to 'blood' new material; in front of a packed Elvis-loving crowd where more people will get to hear it in an atmospheric environment.

Swithin StCleeve

Post by Swithin StCleeve »

TONY wrote:
Bodie wrote:
But that is a good place to 'blood' new material; in front of a packed Elvis-loving crowd where more people will get to hear it in an atmospheric environment.
New material? It's an abomination! The poor guy died thirty years ago and his best music is being dumbed down and you're all loving it!

AWwww, I'm on the wrong forum. But then you knew that, right?

heathbarclay

Post by heathbarclay »

It's not quite as good as ALLC but I do think the guitar intro is catchy. Could be another winner for the King... 8)

Swithin StCleeve

Post by Swithin StCleeve »

heathbarclay wrote:It's not quite as good as ALLC but I do think the guitar intro is catchy. Could be another winner for the King... 8)
But it's not the king is it? it's a techno massaged dross filled pile of cack!

okay. I'm gone. Every time I come here I feel like kicking a puppy and slapping a pensioner. You guys win.

The Purple Gang
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by The Purple Gang »

The original is quite possibly the most exciting and thrilling 2mins 15secs of music ever recorded. Why mess around with perfection?

And if they are trying to bring it 'up to date' then why does it say at the start of the video 'What if Elvis was born 40 years later'? 1955 + 40 = 1995. Actually, that's probably appropriate because this 'remix' sounds more dated now than the genius of Elvis, Scotty and Bill ever will.

No sig.

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

TONY wrote:
Bodie wrote:
Yeah i know but you tell Lester that then.

Good luck!!!! :wink:

norrie
Registered for: 20 years

Post by norrie »

God,this is awfull.I may be in the minority but why
mess around with the greatest music ever produced.

norrie

jessewade
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by jessewade »

that remix is GREAT :!: :!: :!: :!:

MEMBER BANNED FOREVER FOR MAKING RACIST/ANTISEMETIC ATTACKS AGAINST ANOTHER MEMBER.

Gary Crawford
Registered for: 19 years 7 months

Post by Gary Crawford »

Elvis was just entertainment. He wasnt a frikkin' saint, and had more than
a healthy appetite for sex. Please keep your sick morals about whats good
or bad in life where it belongs : deep down south in the good ol' USA.
Were doing just fine here, without the twisted christian morals.
Go and clean your own church backyard first. Plenty of work for you
there.[/quote]

Gerr, 'The God Delusion' by Richard Dawkins isn't on your bedside table at the moment by any chance? :D

Vegas Nights

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

The ones that are against this remix you need to open up your balance of imagination a little more, in my opinion, meaning, like the video starts out, it asks the question "What If Elvis was Born 40 years Later?"

So lets go down that road, lets say he never existed until now, Ask yourself this first. what kind of music Am I(meaning you) into?

Obviously if your not into this time of techno type of music it doesn't matter who is doing it then.

Right?

But lets say you are into this style of music which obviously many people are in the world today, who would you rather see sing this song?

Would it be better if another person or another band would have done the song since it is there anyway and someone was going to do it or was offered to do it?

Or would you rather have Elvis do it and once again look at it on the other side of the coin of imagination and pretend he never touched the song 52 years ago.

Would you like it any better then?

The thing is, we as Elvis fans appreciate and understand most of what Elvis recorded in his career as it stands and as they were recorded, however there are tons of people who never will, because what was the beat, the beat, the beat back then is not the same beat today, it's as simple as that.

I remember as a kid when the 68' Comeback was out and I listened to Elvis sing songs like Trouble, Jailhouse Rock, Heartbreak Hotel, etc from the special I at the time as young as I was didn't understand or appreciate the original versions as they were as I thought they were pass A, how times have changed.

So on that side of the coin I can understand and appreciate why something like this has to be done to keep Elvis living and to be noticed into the next generation, once some are hooked you may find as they get older they as well will come to understand and appreciate what Elvis was all about an explore his catologue.

I would much rather see something like this happening to Elvis' music then hearing about the ETA's winning some contest put on by EPE/CKx on TV in the news or what's being done in Memphis with them or on some cruise ship.

Like it, Hate it or love it, this type of remix should be supported, because the reality is, material like this is what is going to bring attention to people who thought Elvis was just a fat man in a jumpsuit looking like an impersonator.

Re-releases of his original material is an illusion that Elvis is making a dent in the charts in other countries like England as I'm guessing the people that are buying a lot of those re releases are not the general public but Hardcore Elvis collectors and really in the end that's not what we want, what we want or at least I do, I want as many new people to get into Elvis as possible and then have them end up exploring what else he did.

What this remix does is show that Elvis can compete with today's new artists as his voice, looks, charisma along with choice in song or songs proves that he can still out shine them all because he was what Rock N Roll was all about in one package and still can be in anyone's eyes today.

An that's what is more cool than anything else when something like this happens.

So, shouldn't the additude be that this is F@@king great and I want as many people to take notice of this song and to be played anywhere and to have the Buzz happening again for Elvis to be talked about in a positive way just like it appeared to be for ALLC, where the man got some friggen respect back.

That's what I want and I think that is what Elvis deserves.

Don't you think?

Think about how cool this package is that is coming out.
Baby Let's Play House - Radio Edit
Baby Let's Play House - Extended Version
Baby Let's Play House - Original Version
Baby Let's Play House - Ringtone
Baby Let's Play House - Video Clip

It's all there, the new fan even gets to hear the original version, plus the CD will be payable on your record player, awesome idea !

Any which way you look at it, this song was about Sex, 1955 Sex, but sex just the same, what's being done in this video is rather tame compared to still what else is out there.

Would Elvis like this, you bet, to think other wise is silly.

Elvis knew if you didn't change with the times your dead in this business, he himself said so in more than one interview.

Think out of the box not in the box.

PEP 8)

Nora Sivle
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Nora Sivle »

could become a hit....It's very catchy! Especially the guitar riff!
This is a quality mix,if it's done like this I don't have a problem getting younger audiances with this stuff..
It will tickle their intrest, and make them want to see, know and hear more about this entertainer that just never seems to dissapear! The one that we all know so well, our Elvis ...

ALLC did a lot of good work , at least that's what I think!
I met a view young Elvis fans through my YOU TUBE account,and a lot of them got intrested in Elvis by hearing ALLC ... The originals wont dissapear by remixing them , we all have them.But now we have even more...cheer up!!! :D :D

FACT is not everything.....It is only what we can prove......REALITY is everything else.

garydt
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by garydt »

I totally agree with you PEP
For those who think Elvis' songs should remain untouched - why? You still got the originals, they don't suddenly disappear do they?!
Elvis himself did remixing himself. Listen to the 50's originals compared to how Elvis did them in the 70's: they have an updated sound and sometimes a new arrangement. Did you criticise Elvis for ruining the original?
I bet 95% of youngsters have never heard of the original BLPH but if they buy the cd of this remix they will hear it which is ony a good thing.
Move with the times as Elvis.
I think the remix is great and, guess what.............i love the orginal too!

Nora Sivle
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by Nora Sivle »

garydt wrote:I totally agree with you PEP
For those who think Elvis' songs should remain untouched - why? You still got the originals, they don't suddenly disappear do they?!
Elvis himself did remixing himself. Listen to the 50's originals compared to how Elvis did them in the 70's: they have an updated sound and sometimes a new arrangement. Did you criticise Elvis for ruining the original?
I bet 95% of youngsters have never heard of the original BLPH but if they buy the cd of this remix they will hear it which is ony a good thing.
Move with the times as Elvis.
I think the remix is great and, guess what.............i love the orginal too!
mmm 2 minds 1 thought at almost the same time...nana nana na na na (theme of the twillight zone) :lol: :lol:

FACT is not everything.....It is only what we can prove......REALITY is everything else.

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

R.R.D wrote:Here is another Baby lets play house Remix
R.R.D Thanks for posting this version :wink:

PEP 8)

Angles
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Angles »

PEP wrote:The ones that are against this remix you need to open up your balance of imagination a little more, in my opinion, meaning, like the video starts out, it asks the question "What If Elvis was Born 40 years Later?"

So lets go down that road, lets say he never existed until now, Ask yourself this first. what kind of music Am I(meaning you) into?

Obviously if your not into this time of techno type of music it doesn't matter who is doing it then.

Right?

But lets say you are into this style of music which obviously many people are in the world today, who would you rather see sing this song?

Would it be better if another person or another band would have done the song since it is there anyway and someone was going to do it or was offered to do it?

Or would you rather have Elvis do it and once again look at it on the other side of the coin of imagination and pretend he never touched the song 52 years ago.

Would you like it any better then?

The thing is, we as Elvis fans appreciate and understand most of what Elvis recorded in his career as it stands and as they were recorded, however there are tons of people who never will, because what was the beat, the beat, the beat back then is not the same beat today, it's as simple as that.

I remember as a kid when the 68' Comeback was out and I listened to Elvis sing songs like Trouble, Jailhouse Rock, Heartbreak Hotel, etc from the special I at the time as young as I was didn't understand or appreciate the original versions as they were as I thought they were pass A, how times have changed.

So on that side of the coin I can understand and appreciate why something like this has to be done to keep Elvis living and to be noticed into the next generation, once some are hooked you may find as they get older they as well will come to understand and appreciate what Elvis was all about an explore his catologue.

I would much rather see something like this happening to Elvis' music then hearing about the ETA's winning some contest put on by EPE/CKx on TV in the news or what's being done in Memphis with them or on some cruise ship.

Like it, Hate it or love it, this type of remix should be supported, because the reality is, material like this is what is going to bring attention to people who thought Elvis was just a fat man in a jumpsuit looking like an impersonator.

Re-releases of his original material is an illusion that Elvis is making a dent in the charts in other countries like England as I'm guessing the people that are buying a lot of those re releases are not the general public but Hardcore Elvis collectors and really in the end that's not what we want, what we want or at least I do, I want as many new people to get into Elvis as possible and then have them end up exploring what else he did.

What this remix does is show that Elvis can compete with today's new artists as his voice, looks, charisma along with choice in song or songs proves that he can still out shine them all because he was what Rock N Roll was all about in one package and still can be in anyone's eyes today.

An that's what is more cool than anything else when something like this happens.

So, shouldn't the additude be that this is F@@king great and I want as many people to take notice of this song and to be played anywhere and to have the Buzz happening again for Elvis to be talked about in a positive way just like it appeared to be for ALLC, where the man got some friggen respect back.

That's what I want and I think that is what Elvis deserves.

Don't you think?

Think about how cool this package is that is coming out.
Baby Let's Play House - Radio Edit
Baby Let's Play House - Extended Version
Baby Let's Play House - Original Version
Baby Let's Play House - Ringtone
Baby Let's Play House - Video Clip

It's all there, the new fan even gets to hear the original version, plus the CD will be payable on your record player, awesome idea !

Any which way you look at it, this song was about Sex, 1955 Sex, but sex just the same, what's being done in this video is rather tame compared to still what else is out there.

Would Elvis like this, you bet, to think other wise is silly.

Elvis knew if you didn't change with the times your dead in this business, he himself said so in more than one interview.

Think out of the box not in the box.

PEP 8)
Well said PEP!

"So I rang up British Telecom, I said "I want to report a nuisance caller", he said "Not you again".

Tim Vine

Mister Mike

Post by Mister Mike »

I'm really looking forward to the release of ELVIS - THE HIP-HOP ALBUM...

Followed closely by RAPPIN' ELVIS....

Gotta get those youngsters interested in our man's music.... :?

Elvis fan. From Sun to Sundial.

TALLHAIR 2

Post by TALLHAIR 2 »

Is Elvis or Rock n Roll sacred?
Listen to what Sam and the boys did to Monroes Blue Moon Of
Kentucky, way back in 54?! The weeping vocals and tiny mandolin
heard on the original were blasted away by electric guitar and gutso
vocals. Or the version of Blue Moon, from Broadway musical to... yes,
to what exactly? It was so different!
I felt good when at a school party, years ago, I watched my son and
other 8 year olds jumping up and down to ALLC in the class room!
And I hope, with Play house, kids once again will party to this remix,
and if some will afterwards remember the singer was one Elvis Presley,
than thats 2 bonus points. My son is 13 now. Elvis is never discussed
in class.... He's not part of their lives. Ofcourse not! Sinatra wasnt part
of mine when I discovered Elvis in 57...! So let the remixers do what
they want, and let the kids decide if it rocks!
Its ONLY entertainment after all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

TALLHAIR 2 wrote:Is Elvis or Rock n Roll sacred?
Listen to what Sam and the boys did to Monroes Blue Moon Of
Kentucky, way back in 54?! The weeping vocals and tiny mandolin
heard on the original were blasted away by electric guitar and gutso
vocals. Or the version of Blue Moon, from Broadway musical to... yes,
to what exactly? It was so different!
I felt good when at a school party, years ago, I watched my son and
other 8 year olds jumping up and down to ALLC in the class room!
And I hope, with Play house, kids once again will party to this remix,
and if some will afterwards remember the singer was one Elvis Presley,
than thats 2 bonus points. My son is 13 now. Elvis is never discussed
in class.... He's not part of their lives. Ofcourse not! Sinatra wasnt part
of mine when I discovered Elvis in 57...! So let the remixers do what
they want, and let the kids decide if it rocks!
Its ONLY entertainment after all. Nothing more, nothing less.
There ya go Ger, Agreed. :wink:

PEP 8)

kuenzer

Post by kuenzer »

They overloaded it with these distorted sound gimmicks, presumably in an attempt to generate excitement. The bass line and the drums in turn sound quite conservative. A remix like maybe this one (Eurythmics, Sweet Dreams) might be closer to the kids' tastes.