More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
daz cav
Registered for: 19 years 1 month

Star proudly presents for christmas

Post by daz cav »

´STAR´PROUDLY PRESENTS THE ULTIMATE 2007 SEASONS´ GIFT:

´Elvis- The Definitive Christmas Collection.......and favourite spirituals.

A SUPERB 4 DISC BOX SET - includes:

3 CDs - 70 tracks!! Christmas and Spiritual masters, outtakes, live songs and many more rare recordings!

1 DVD - 20 clips!! You know ´STAR´ ??

Then you know you´ll get THE VERY BEST brand new VIRTUAL Christmas and Gospel clips!

Hear and see Elvis sing ´If Everyday Was Like Christmas´ and many others!! Never before seen, this will bring your holidays to a higher level!!

FREE ELVIS CHRISTMAS CARD!! - Only available in this box set.

Limited Edition Only.

PRICE OF THIS BEAUTIFUL SET: ONLY 20,00 EURO ! ( and that´s a present already)

TRACKLIST: CD 1

Elvis´ Christmas Message / I´ll be home for christmas ° White Christmas ° Here Comes Santa Claus ° Santa Claus Is Back In Town ° Peace In The Valley ° Blue Christmas ° Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me ° O Little Town Of Bethlehem ° Silent Night ° Known Only To Him ° If Everyday Was Like Christmas ° In The Garden ° Somebody Bigger Than You And I ° Where No One Stands Alone ° Mama Liked The Roses ° O Come, All Ye Faithful° The First Noel ° An Evening Prayer ° On A Snowy Christmas Night ° Winter Wonderland ° A Thing Called Love ° The Wonderful World Of Christmas ° It Won´t Seem Like Christmas Without You ° I´ll Be Home On Christmas Day ( master)° Holly Leaves And Christmas Trees ° If That Isn´t Love ° If I Get Home On Christmas Day ° Merry Christmas Baby ° Silver Bells ° I´ll Be Home On Christmas Day( take 10, remake )

TRACKLIST: CD 2

Blue Christmas ( live, 1968 ) ° Somebody Bigger Than You And I ( take 11 ) ° It Wont Seem Like Christmas ( take 6 ) ° Silver Bells ( take 1) ° Oh Holy Night/The First Noel ( remix ) ° A Thing Called Love ( take 1 ) ° I´ll Be Home On Xmas Day ( take 3 ) ° Merry Christmas Baby ( unedited complete master ) ° Santa Claus Is Back In Town ( live, 1968 ) ° Where No One Stands Alone ( spliced take )° Life ° If Everyday Was Like Xmas ( takes 1,2 ) ° Holly Leaves And Christmas Trees ( take 4 ) ° The Wonderful Wold Of Christmas ( unedited master ) ° If I Get Home On Xmas Day ( take 1 ) ° We Call On Him ( take 5 ) ° Listen To The Bell ( informal recording) ° Blue Christmas ( live, 1975 ) ° Winter Wonderland ( undubbed master ) ° How Great Thou Art ( take 4 ) ° I´´ll Be Home On Christmas Day ( take 9, remake )

TRACKLIST: CD 3

Mama Liked The Roses ( undubbed master take 10 ) ° O Come ,All Ye Faithful (extended version ) ° Merry Christmas Baby ( overdubbed ) ° Holly Leaves And Christmas Trees ( take 8 ) ° Known Only To Him ( spliced take ) ° I´ll Be Home On X,as Day ( take 2, remake) ° On A Snowy Christmas Night ( remix ) ° It Won´t Seem Like Xmas ( take 3 ) ° Silver Bells ( remix, take 2 ) ° You´ll Never Walk Alone ( take 2 ) ° Stand By Me ( take 10 ) ° Somebody Bigger Than You And I ( take 15 ) ° I´ll be Home On Christmas Day ( take 4, remake ) ° Blue Christmas ( live, 1977 ) ° Auld Lang Syne ( live, 1977 ) °

BONUS TRACKS:

The Elvis Christmas Medley ( unreleased ) ° The Wonderful World Of Christmas ( vocal overdub ) ° If Everyday Was Like Xmas ( demo, sung by Red West ) ° Silent Night ( sung by Lisa- Marie ) ° Jingle Bells / White Christmas ( informal SUN recording, 1956, Million Dollar Quartet)

TRACKLIST: DVD:

IF EVERYDAY WAS LIKE CHRISTMAS ° WINTER WONDERLAND ° HERE COMES SANTA CLAUS ° MAMA LIKED THE ROSES ° PEACE IN THE VALLEY ° MY FAVOURITE CHRISTMAS SONG ° ON A SNOWY CHRISTMAS NIGHT ° I , JOHN ° PUT YOUR HAND IN THE HAND ° SANTA BRING MY BABY BACK (TO ME) ° I´LL BE HOME FOR CHRISTMAS ° HOLLY LEAVES AND CHRISTMAS TREES ° THE GOSPEL MEDLEY ° HOW GREAT THOU ART ( live 1977 ) ° BLUE CHRISTMAS ( live 1977 ) ° YOU´LL NEVER WALK ALONE ° WHITE CHRISTMAS ° OH, HAPPY DAY ° SANTA CLAUS IS BACK IN TOWN ° AULD LANG SYNE

( RUNNING TIME APPROX: 60 mins - DOLBY DIGITAL SOUND)

2007/10/27 (deleted - see guidelines #9).Com

deadringer
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Re: Star proudly presents for christmas

Post by deadringer »

One thing: there are no CDs and DVD. It is 3 x CD-R and 1 x DVD-R. And that's a fact.

Ciscoking
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Ciscoking »

It`s all DVD-R and CD-R....but we should grant the few bucks to Star..cause they did excellent work in the past..
thumbs up.. :smt002

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

Topic author
daz cav

Post by daz cav »

Ciscoking wrote:It`s all DVD-R and CD-R....but we should grant the few bucks to Star..cause they did excellent work in the past..
thumbs up.. :smt002

im with you ciscoking they have done some nice dvd-rs and im looking forward to this one!

bc55
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by bc55 »

Geez, deadringer, give us a break .....

Cheers

Sven

Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Santa Baby...

Looks Great. Thanks Star!!

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

elvisa
Registered for: 17 years

Post by elvisa »

Well, it all looks good to me.....BUT I wonder....does footage really exists of Elvis singing all those songs listed for the DVD :? , if it does...that`ll be 8)

P.S. I know some of the songs do exists on film, but not all of them........maybe I`ll be :o

Elvisa

" Elvis music is how feelings sound like "

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

They use clips which fit and synch them.

Thanks to Ernst Joergensen, Roger Semon and Erik Rasmussen for the great work. Keep the spirit alive !

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 7 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

elvisa wrote:BUT I wonder....does footage really exists of Elvis singing all those songs listed for the DVD :? , if it does...that`ll be 8)
Bless your cotton socks !!

Eddie
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Eddie »

Im all for their dvds,[or dvd-r for those in a rage] a big fan, but a branch out into cds is a non starter for me. Theres so much already out there, I may give this one a christmas whirl but Id much rather have the great work they do on video. Just my opinion.

I got you melancholy baby, built like a melon face like a collie.

DJL
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by DJL »

Has anyone got this yet? Any reviews on the DVD?

DJL

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

I recommended this set to several friends and they are all very enthousiastic about it as I am.
The clips on the DVD are very well compiled from photo's, home movies and footage that "matches" the sound of the records you hear.
If BMG ever wants to release a clip with a new single, they should hire Star.
There are also some Christmas songs from the 1968 TV show and gospels from official releases.
The set as a whole looks really great. At €20 (circa $27) + postage a real bargain.

Topic author
daz cav

Post by daz cav »

Just received myne this morning and it looks a lovely little package, 3 cds with colour discs, 1 dvd and a lovely art work package!
3 cds with 70 tracks all re worked and remixed and as usual star has done the fans proud, will be watching the dvd tonight and its cheap at the price and reccomend every fan to purchase this.
If you love stars previous work then this xmas collection is certainly for you Bravo star keep up the great work :D

ask your local dealer for it you will not be sorry!

deadringer
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by deadringer »

daz cav wrote:Just received myne this morning and it looks a lovely little package, 3 cds with colour discs, 1 dvd and a lovely art work package!
3 cds with 70 tracks all re worked and remixed and as usual star has done the fans proud, will be watching the dvd tonight and its cheap at the price and reccomend every fan to purchase this.
If you love stars previous work then this xmas collection is certainly for you Bravo star keep up the great work :D

ask your local dealer for it you will not be sorry!
REMIXED ? How anyone can remix songs taken from various BMG CDs? They can be equalised to make sound a bit different and that's all. Remixing means proper mixing work with several tracks. Not homemade EQ job.

Topic author
daz cav

Post by daz cav »

sorry i offended you deadringer with talk of remixing all i know is star has done us proud sound wise and has yet again brought the fans a cracking good release.
Even if it is a homemade job its still very very good and a better job than some new cds out there, so for all the hard work its certainly worth it IMO.
Last edited by daz cav on Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

Go for Star...from fans to fans..

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Ciscoking wrote:Go for Star...from fans to fans..
Proud of you mate :wink:

Star is indeed fans for fans - nice !!

Ciscoking

Post by Ciscoking »

BIGREDG wrote:

You like me, again...buddy..??....Hooray..!!... :lol: :lol: :wink:

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Ciscoking wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:

You like me, again...buddy..??....Hooray..!!... :lol: :lol: :wink:
Now I never said I didn't like you :smt006

jessewade
Banned
Banned
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by jessewade »

I received it on friday and that's really a great job !! Made by fans for the fans :smt041 :smt041

MEMBER BANNED FOREVER FOR MAKING RACIST/ANTISEMETIC ATTACKS AGAINST ANOTHER MEMBER.

splanky

Post by splanky »

I think this whole Christmas package was a nice item suitable for Christmas,even though most of us probably have the songs on cd's.At least they are all gathered together here and I for one really only play them at Christmas,except for Merry Christmas Baby and Santa Claus Is Back.

Here Comes Santa Claus is exceptionally well done to my mind. How about Elvis singing such songs live? What a wonderful world this could have been ? Well, maybe not,but I like a lot of them. I even like Slicin' Sand in the new edit on another dvd.

CAN DIG IT ? I feel hurt and frustrated on behalf of the makers,since I happen to know how much effort and time that was put into it.
Come up with something better yourself ! And let us see it !

Best always,
Splanky

carloselvis
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by carloselvis »

There is a guy that is trying to sell me this box set in Digipack, is this right? or is a standard DVD case?

Tony..
Registered for: 12 years 4 months

Post by Tony.. »

carloselvis wrote:There is a guy that is trying to sell me this box set in Digipack, is this right? or is a standard DVD case?
This came out 6 years ago! :?: