Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Strictly Elvis No. 6 (October 1968)

Sat Nov 14, 2015 2:34 pm

I have just uploaded another complete issue of STRICTLY ELVIS, this time Number 6 from October 1968.

All credits for the scans, and my sincere thanks, goes to GEERT HOF.

Check out the full 36 page magazine here:
http://www.elvisechoesofthepast.com/str ... ober-1968/

Some of this month’s highlights:
- Be sure to read Rocky’s heartwarming account of his first trip to Graceland and his interview with Vester Presley.
- “NBC has 24 hours of Elvis on videotape.”
- “Elvis has over 400 tracks in the can (recorded but not released on record).”
- “Director Mark Rydell wanted Elvis to star in Midnight Cowboy.”
- Elvis Presley: “I’m aiming to be accepted someday as a dramatic actor. That’s my aim. Our deal with NBC has a movie tie-in. I’ll do a special a year for a few years and they’ll finance a movie for me.”
- Also a fullpage NBC-cartoon by Ger Rijff (as ‘Gerry’ from Holland).

Enjoy!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Strictly Elvis No. 6 (October 1968)

Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:06 pm

Very cool! Thanks very much Bob :)

Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:05 am

Hard Rocker wrote:Very cool! Thanks very much Bob :)

Thank you for your post Hard Rocker, glad you liked it!

:smt023

Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:16 am

Always KOOL at Echoes!

Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:04 pm

That was a very nice read, thanks! I especially liked reading about the trip to Memphis and how fans were allowed on the grounds of Graceland. The review of the new single A Little Less Conversation is wonderful to read, must have been exciting times for Elvis fans. Also some food for thought: "an unconfirmed report states that RCA has the "live" LP ready. A double album with 22 songs". :? makes you wonder what that was all about.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:30 pm

This is an excellent fan-look at those times.... thanks for sharing!!

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:05 pm

Thank you, Bob.

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Thanks Bob, i enjoyed the read. 8)

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:45 pm

Juan Luis wrote:Always KOOL at Echoes!

JohanD wrote:This is an excellent fan-look at those times.... thanks for sharing!!

Greystoke wrote:Thank you, Bob.

OnStage55 wrote:Thanks Bob, i enjoyed the read. 8)

Thank you all very much guys for your comments, much appreciated!

Pink&Black wrote:That was a very nice read, thanks! I especially liked reading about the trip to Memphis and how fans were allowed on the grounds of Graceland. The review of the new single A Little Less Conversation is wonderful to read, must have been exciting times for Elvis fans. Also some food for thought: "an unconfirmed report states that RCA has the "live" LP ready. A double album with 22 songs". :? makes you wonder what that was all about.

Most of Rocky´s articles have this intimate feel about them, and I agree that it must have been great to be a fan of Elvis around that exciting phase in his career. Several career highlights were really about to happen!
And yes, there are these little mistakes. I for one did not know that Elvis had appeared on 8 Dorsey Bros. shows. :wink: