Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:29 am

Well, I thought I'd take a minute to tell you about getting on the stage with Elvis in Vegas in August 1973. I was with a girl friend of mine and we sat in the second and third seats from the stage to Elvis' left about 4 sections from the center of the stage. During the show, Elvis walked down to our side of the stage and all the girls started standing up. Elvis couldn't reach me over all the girls, so I sat down and decided to try again later. He never walked all the way back over to us, so at the end of the show (during CHFIL), I asked the girl sitting by the stage if I could jump in her chair and get up on the stage. She was very nice and said of course. I got up on the stage and just stood there for a moment trying to decide what to do. Elvis looked over at me and motioned at me and said "come on honey." I was flabbergasted. The beautiful gold curtain was coming down, and they stopped the curtain to give me time to walk over to Elvis. I handed him some sort of gift (don't remember what it was), Elvis bent down and I reached up and pulled the scarf off his neck. I turned around and started crying as I walked down the stage back to my seat. I couldn't believe what had just happened. The girl sitting by me told me how happy she was for me. I slept with the scarf that night in my hotel room, and wore it around my neck on the plane flying home to Atlanta the next morning. Just magical. :D

Elvisly,

Linda
Last edited by lovin' EP on Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:47 am

Totally cool :smt007

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:31 am

wow! :shock: ...that's increadible Linda!

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:28 am

Wonderful memories, Linda. Thank you for taking us back in time to vicariously experience the magnetism and charisma.

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:16 am

As always, thank you Linda.

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:57 am

Wow....you is one lucky gal.

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:35 am

lovin' EP wrote:Well, I thought I'd take a minute to tell you about getting on the stage with Elvis in Vegas in August 1973. I was with a girl friend of mine and we sat in the second and third seats from the stage to Elvis' left about 4 sections from the center of the stage. During the show, Elvis walked down to our side of the stage and all the girls started standing up. Elvis couldn't reach me over all the girls, so I sat down and decided to try again later. He never walked all the way back over to us, so at the end of the show (during CHFIL), I asked the girl sitting by the stage if I could jump in her chair and get up on the stage. She was very nice and said of course. I got up on the stage and just stood there for a moment trying to decide what to do. Elvis looked over at me and motioned at me and said "come on honey." I was flabbergasted. The beautiful gold curtain was coming down, and they stopped the curtain to give me time to walk over to Elvis. I handed him some sort of gift (don't remember what it was), Elvis bent down and I reached up and pulled the scarf off his neck. I turned around and started crying as I walked down the stage back to my seat. I couldn't believe what had just happened. The girl sitting by me told me how happy she was for me. I slept with the scarf that night in my hotel room, and wore it around my neck on the plane flying home to Atlanta the next morning. Just magical. :D

Elvisly,

Linda


I guarantee you that not one other member here can tell this story!

Thank you for sharing it. Are there any photos of the big moment? Do you still have the scarf?

And what did it feel like to be so close the the guy we all miss so much, even 40+ years later?

He was still quite good-looking, from what I've read. ;-)

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:31 am

Thanks Linda,wonderful memories they must be.

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:37 am

Amazing. Thank you. ::rocks

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:58 pm

Wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing these with us all, Linda. ::rocks

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:53 pm

Wonderful story you must have felt like the queen at that show!
Do you remember what show it was in Vegas August 1973? Do you know if it is released on CD?

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:19 pm

Fantastico...Linda

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Amazing story, thanks for sharing!
::rocks

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:56 pm

Lucky lady! Thanks for another great story, Linda!
Elvis sure looked fantastic in the summer of '73!!!


elvis73.jpg

[photo courtesy of FECC]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:50 pm

VEGAS-1973 - enlarged.jpg
I'm so glad you all enjoyed my story. I have been feeling down lately, but your enjoyment of my posts really helps perk me up. Thank you so much. Elvis was truly a charismatic and magical figure. He just glowed when you were close to him. Unfortunately, no pics or video have surfaced. And, of course, I still have the scarf. Not sure of the exact date of the show. Sorry, I was not a diligent record keeper.

Here's my 1973 Elvis picture that I love. I think I posted this before, but hope you enjoy it again.

Elvisly,

Linda
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:56 pm

Beautiful memory!!! Thank you for sharing with us, you cheered me up while cheering yourself up.

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:49 pm

Thanks for sharing. Great memories. It beats my story about an unfortunate incident in the toilets when I saw Lady Gaga.

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:51 pm

Greystoke wrote:Thanks for sharing. Great memories. It beats my story about an unfortunate incident in the toilets when I saw Lady Gaga.



:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:09 am

Fantastic story, Linda....thanks for sharing. Love reading your experiences.

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:36 am

Great story Linda. I have some Elvis stories of my own but NONE THAT ARE THAT GOOD. :D

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:59 am

Greystoke wrote:Thanks for sharing. Great memories. It beats my story about an unfortunate incident in the toilets when I saw Lady Gaga.


:smt104

Please, do tell!

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:29 am

Stvimpe wrote:
Greystoke wrote:Thanks for sharing. Great memories. It beats my story about an unfortunate incident in the toilets when I saw Lady Gaga.


:smt104

Please, do tell!


I may never live this down. When I went to see Lady Gaga a couple of years ago, I got soaked in the rain on the way. And me without a jacket. So when I got to the arena I went to the toilets, stripped to my underwear and started to dry my jeans and shirt under the hand dryer. As I'm doing that I glance around and see lots of transvestites. So I'm standing there thinking to myself, they're REALLY convincing. And more are coming in and going out -- and I'm standing there in my briefs wondering whether to crack a joke. Then I look around again and wonder where the stalls are. And the penny drops. I'm in the women's toilet and they aren't transvestites!!!!!! How and why nobody said anything or went for a security guard I will never know. But it was a fantastic concert and a lucky escape. And I'm glad you're reading this on here rather than in a newspaper article about the pervert in the women's toilet at a concert.

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:44 am

...that almost too much info!! :lol:

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:03 am

L Ray wrote:Great story Linda. I have some Elvis stories of my own but NONE THAT ARE THAT GOOD. :D



AWW, come on L Ray. Tell us your stories. This is not a competition!! :)

Elvisly,

Linda

Re: lovin' EP's 1973 getting on stage with Elvis

Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:17 am

Oh man; what a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing!