FBI Knew Elvis Was Addicted To Cocaine!!!

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

stupot
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by stupot »

Who knows if Elvis was addicted to Cocaine, but why would he go to the trouble and expense of having a "Tour GP" if he only wanted street drugs which anyone could get hold of in music industry circles.

What about the story of when Elvis went to the Whitehouse and supposedly slagged off the The Beatles: where did that come from? If its from the same source as this Cocaine one, I would be skeptical about its authenticity: why would Elvis openly promote them in concert if he thought they were so bad for America? Would appreciate an answer to that as I genuinely don't know where it came from.

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Hoover did not like Elvis. Nuff said.

LesterB
Registered for: 18 years

Post by LesterB »

isn't cocaine (or some derivative) found in diet pills and uppers which Elvis used of course.

Did you know that Elvis also tried a derivative of pregnant womens urine to diet and had a shot of this before the Aloha!! I think its disussed in Joe E book - the drug is called HCG and is commonly used by athletes (illegal in competition of course)

JUST FOR TODAY

Vissie

Post by Vissie »

LesterB wrote:isn't cocaine (or some derivative) found in diet pills and uppers which Elvis used of course.

Did you know that Elvis also tried a derivative of pregnant womens urine to diet and had a shot of this before the Aloha!! I think its disussed in Joe E book - the drug is called HCG and is commonly used by athletes (illegal in competition of course)
Yes, in December, 1972. It was a diet that he had picked up in Vegas. It consisted of daily injections of (what was to be believed) a pregnant woman's urine along with an intake of no more than 500 calories of dry food a day. Elvis and Sonny were both on this diet and lost about 25 pounds each (although they did 2 regimens of this diet which was cautioned against).

Ramiro
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Ramiro »

Elvis wasn't addict to any illegal drug. Another thing is if he tried some illegal drugs only to know their effects, only for curiosity. I don't know if this ever happened, but if so, it wouldn't be a tragedy. Of course, there are medicines which have cocaine or derivatives, and perhaps it could explain the "liquid cocaine" comment. But I tend to believe only in part of what the members of the Memphis mafia say. I doubt they ever knew very well what Elvis took.

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Vissie wrote:
LesterB wrote:isn't cocaine (or some derivative) found in diet pills and uppers which Elvis used of course.

Yes, in December, 1972. It was a diet that he had picked up in Vegas. It consisted of daily injections of (what was to be believed) a pregnant woman's urine along with an intake of no more than 500 calories of dry food a day. Elvis and Sonny were both on this diet and lost about 25 pounds each (although they did 2 regimens of this diet which was cautioned against).
And if you see photos of EP in dressing room before putting on the famous jumpsuit...you can tell he is thin but in a n unhealthy way. My opinion and do not intend anything negative....

LesterB
Registered for: 18 years

Post by LesterB »

A side effect of HCG is puffiness around the face which can be clearly seen in the rehearsal. The puffiness was gone by the Aloha show which I strongly suspect was down to a diuretic pill.

HCG is not pregnant womens urine but a derivative before people get too grossed out :D It is also completely useless for dieting purposes!!!!!!!!!

JUST FOR TODAY

Hav-A-Tampa
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by Hav-A-Tampa »

stupot wrote:Who knows if Elvis was addicted to Cocaine, but why would he go to the trouble and expense of having a "Tour GP" if he only wanted street drugs which anyone could get hold of in music industry circles.

What about the story of when Elvis went to the Whitehouse and supposedly slagged off the The Beatles: where did that come from? If its from the same source as this Cocaine one, I would be skeptical about its authenticity: why would Elvis openly promote them in concert if he thought they were so bad for America? Would appreciate an answer to that as I genuinely don't know where it came from.
Stupot; for the same reason one doctor was not enough. If Dr Nick didn't give EP what he wanted, in the quantities he wanted, he just went to another doctor, or a dentist even. I don't think he was addicted to cocaine, though, although it wouldn't surprise me if he tried it for a while just to see the effect it had on him.

There are still some people who do not believe that Elvis smoked (!), and that he never touched a drop of alcohol, and never used drugs because he liked to get high, only because he was ill and needed them.

The Beatles / Nixon story has been discussed so many times... Elvis loved their music, but he wanted that badge. End of story.

stupot

Post by stupot »

Hav-A-Tampa wrote:
stupot wrote:Who knows if Elvis was addicted to Cocaine, but why would he go to the trouble and expense of having a "Tour GP" if he only wanted street drugs which anyone could get hold of in music industry circles.

Stupot; for the same reason one doctor was not enough. If Dr Nick didn't give EP what he wanted, in the quantities he wanted, he just went to another doctor, or a dentist even. I don't think he was addicted to cocaine, though, although it wouldn't surprise me if he tried it for a while just to see the effect it had on him.

There are still some people who do not believe that Elvis smoked (!), and that he never touched a drop of alcohol, and never used drugs because he liked to get high, only because he was ill and needed them.

The Beatles / Nixon story has been discussed so many times... Elvis loved their music, but he wanted that badge. End of story.
Thanks for your insight. I'm sure too that had Elvis been addicted to cocaine (the drug as we know it), the story would have come out whilst he was still alive.

Re The Beatles, you're right I guess if it was proved that the transcription was accurate and, a factual record of what Elvis said.