Did Elvis ever own a Corvette?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

PEP
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by PEP »

It appears the picture was taken in the winter of 78'.

http://www.cathisphotos.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/index61.html

Still, there is still a possiblity Elvis may have been involved in the purchase of the car pre 77'.

PEP 8)

Topic author
Vissie
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Vissie »

PEP wrote:It appears the picture was taken in the winter of 78'.

http://www.cathisphotos.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/index61.html

Still, there is still a possiblity Elvis may have been involved in the purchase of the car pre 77'.

PEP 8)
I agree... there is a possibility that Elvis was involved. But, I'm not sure how big of a possibility it would've been. Did Ginger often visit the mansion after Elvis passed? Would she have been there over a year later?

Rumor has it that he purchased two of the vehicles. Perhaps it's the 2nd car? I'm thinking it might just belong to someone who had reason to be at Graceland in the winter of 1978 (and not be one of the ones he bought).

PEP
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by PEP »

Vissie wrote:
PEP wrote:I came across this small photo while surfing the net, showing that at one time there was a Corvette on the grounds of Graceland, I'm assuming this picture was taken around 74' or 75'.

The Corvette looks like it is a 74', but can't be absolutely sure whether or not it is because we cannot see the whole car in the picture, we also can't be sure who owns the car either or whether or not this picture was taken in the 70's, however I would like to believe Elvis may have had some sort of involvement since it is on the grounds of Graceland nonetheless. :D

PEP 8)
Pep, you're a super sleuth! Image How on earth you ever found a photo like this amazes me!
The Corvette body style was essentially the same from 1968 through 1982 when it changed over in 1984 (there were no vettes made in 1983 except for a few dozen production models of which only one remains). I can't see enough of the car to see if it is circa 1974 (how did you come up with that year?)

Great find Pep!

Well, the thing is we can't be sure of the exact year of the corvette here are some pictures of the Corvette from 74-78, not a whole lot of change there, over these years.
I would like to believe this Vette then has to be either 76 or 77', but then of course it could be 78' as well an if that is the case, we all know then for sure Elvis would have had nothing to do with the purchase for obvious reasons :wink:

Nevetheless, still the picture proves nothing other than the fact a Vette was on the Graceland grounds. :D

PEP 8)

Topic author
Vissie
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Vissie »

PEP wrote:
Vissie wrote:
PEP wrote:I came across this small photo while surfing the net, showing that at one time there was a Corvette on the grounds of Graceland, I'm assuming this picture was taken around 74' or 75'.

The Corvette looks like it is a 74', but can't be absolutely sure whether or not it is because we cannot see the whole car in the picture, we also can't be sure who owns the car either or whether or not this picture was taken in the 70's, however I would like to believe Elvis may have had some sort of involvement since it is on the grounds of Graceland nonetheless. :D

PEP 8)
Pep, you're a super sleuth! Image How on earth you ever found a photo like this amazes me!
The Corvette body style was essentially the same from 1968 through 1982 when it changed over in 1984 (there were no vettes made in 1983 except for a few dozen production models of which only one remains). I can't see enough of the car to see if it is circa 1974 (how did you come up with that year?)

Great find Pep!

Well, the thing is we can't be sure of the exact year of the corvette here are some pictures of the Corvette from 74-78, not a whole lot of change there, over these years.
I would like to believe this Vette then has to be either 76 or 77', but then of course it could be 78' as well an if that is the case, we all know then for sure Elvis would have had nothing to do with the purchase for obvious reasons :wink:

Nevetheless, still the picture proves nothing other than the fact a Vette was on the Graceland grounds. :D

PEP 8)
Love the photos Pep! Image

I've owned most of the ones you show in your photos. The first vette I ever bought was a used 1964 roadster (with separate hard top).. what a fun car!

The vettes of the 70s were great and you're quite right, there was very little body style change. Maybe, one day, I'll come across the recipient of the 2nd car (it's just a curiosity of mine ;) )

One thing you mentioned in a previous post is something that I give credence to as well. Because the vette only seats two people, it might not have been a car that interested Elvis. He was rarely alone so I don't think he'd relish the intimacy of a 2-seater. While I enjoy my vette, it isn't my main vehicle (for this very reason).