Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Vissie
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Did Elvis ever own a Corvette?

Post by Vissie »

I know he was very much into Cadillac, but did he ever purchase a Corvette for himself? I believe I read somewhere that he did buy 2 of them, but gave them away.

Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

Vissie...

Elvis bought Priscilla a white Corvette. If you look in the Picture Section under Candids You will find a Photo of it there.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Did Elvis ever own a Corvette?

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Vissie wrote:I know he was very much into Cadillac, but did he ever purchase a Corvette for himself? I believe I read somewhere that he did buy 2 of them, but gave them away.
I have never read that -- and if he ever owned one, there is no known evidence (photos, paperwork, stories).

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

drjohncarpenter

Little Darlin wrote:Elvis bought Priscilla a white Corvette. If you look in the Picture Section under Candids You will find a Photo of it there.
At the beginning of April 1963, Elvis got her a red 1963 Corvair to drive to school in Memphis. See "Careless Love" by Peter Guralnick, page 143.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Little Darlin wrote:Vissie...

Elvis bought Priscilla a white Corvette. If you look in the Picture Section under Candids You will find a Photo of it there.
I thought it was a white Mercedes.

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Gordon Bennett!!

A little while ago I posted a photo taken by Sandi Miller .. the caption with it said Elvis standing beside Priscilla's Little White Corvette at the Mnovale Home.

WHEN I have finished watching Bruce Springsteen over in Off Topic I shall find it and post it.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Oh Dear VERY VERY Sorry it appears it was a white Lincoln in the Rocco Hills

drjohncarpenter

Neat candid, though.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Isn't it .. well it was a White Car, I got something right lol

Topic author
Vissie

Post by Vissie »

I do remember reading he bought either 1 or 2 Corvettes. I remember being interested in that tidbit because I own a Corvette. Now, if I could just remember where I read it... :?

Topic author
Vissie

Post by Vissie »

Found it!

I've found an answer to your question. According to the Archive Department at Elvis Presley Enterprises, Elvis never owned a Corvette. He did own a Ferarri, a Messerschmidt (German sportscar) and a Panterra. He preferred the luxury cars like Cadillacs or Lincolns.

Also, Graceland DOES have records of Elvis purchasing two Corvettes, but he gave them away to two very lucky people.

Here's an interesting fact: When Elvis bought someone a car he usually paid for a year's worth of car insurance AND all luxury taxes too!

The reason was that the cars he bought were expensive and the recipient couldn't usually afford insurance. So, they'd turn around and sell it. I hope I've told you a few new things and helped you a little. I'm glad to get questions every day. Thank you very much for yours!
Sincerely,
James

http://en.allexperts.com/q/Presley-Elvis-562/cars.htm

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Hi Vissie

Try All Experts Dot Com .. Someone posted the question over there but I can't find the answer for love nor money.

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

Well I never Vissie you read my mind!!!

Posted at exactly the same time too!

Topic author
Vissie

Post by Vissie »

Little Darlin wrote:Well I never Vissie you read my mind!!!

Posted at exactly the same time too!
LoL! Great minds!! Image

drjohncarpenter

Elvis gave away two Corvettes, and a year's worth of insurance, and no one has ever come forward to tell their story? Hmmm.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Topic author
Vissie

Post by Vissie »

drjohncarpenter wrote:Elvis gave away two Corvettes, and a year's worth of insurance, and no one has ever come forward to tell their story? Hmmm.
Well, I have been keeping it a secret for a long time... Image

(I wish!)

It's a matter of Time
Registered for: 20 years 7 months

Post by It's a matter of Time »

Actually Elvis did give corvettes to several members of the Memphis Mafia . One was given to Dr. Nick's son Dean and I believe the other was given (as unlikely as they may sound) to Lamar Fike!

drjohncarpenter

It's a matter of Time wrote:Actually Elvis did give corvettes to several members of the Memphis Mafia .
Why has not one of them ever mentioned this in any appearance, interview or book?

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

I don't know about Elvis giving Dean a Corvette(i guess its possible)... but he did buy him a Datsun.

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

Topic author
Vissie

Post by Vissie »

I wonder why Elvis didn't keep one for himself? :shock:

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

I heard he at one time had a "Little Red Corvette," I think Prince bought it. :lol: Seriously, though I would love to own a vette, why own one if you can afford a ferrari! 8)

Topic author
Vissie

Post by Vissie »

Joe Car wrote:I heard he at one time had a "Little Red Corvette," I think Prince bought it. :lol: Seriously, though I would love to own a vette, why own one if you can afford a ferrari! 8)
Why own a Corvette? :shock:

I've owned a few and I love them. I guess it's all in what you like ;)

However, if Elvis had wanted to buy me a Ferrari, well.. I guess I could've accepted it graciously lol Image

PEP

Post by PEP »

My guess for Elvis having really No interest in a Corvette might have been because it was only a two seater.

More times than not I'm sure he always had more than One person going along with him.

Now you all might come back and say the Harleys were only 2 seater's and he had other vehicles that were two seaters, however for what ever the reason I think the Vett was just different or the bottom line it was a car that was just not appealing to Elvis obviously. :wink:

PEP 8)

Topic author
Vissie

Post by Vissie »

Well, I came across an interesting tidbit of information today. Guess who Elvis purchased a Corvette for?

Sheila Ryan.

In 1974 when she was 21 years old.

drjohncarpenter

Vissie wrote:Well, I came across an interesting tidbit of information today. Guess who Elvis purchased a Corvette for? Sheila Ryan. In 1974 when she was 21 years old.
Where did you find this tidbit? Is there a photo?

Shelia was apparently born in 1952, making her 22 years old in 1974.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.