Graceland style homes from around the World

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Henrik Knudsen
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Very interesting topic.

Post by Henrik Knudsen »

I've read all of this with great interest. Just wanted to ask PEP if he don't think he should give credit to Megan Murphy who was the one who gave him info about the house, and emailed him the first pictures. I know Megan have been dealing a great deal with the owners of the house and have much more detailes and info about this unusual house and its history.

I met some of my best friends thru Elvis. Not that I ever met Elvis, but they are Elvis fans!

Topic author
PEP
Registered for: 21 years

Re: Very interesting topic.

Post by PEP »

Henrik Knudsen wrote:I've read all of this with great interest. Just wanted to ask PEP if he don't think he should give credit to Megan Murphy who was the one who gave him info about the house, and emailed him the first pictures. I know Megan have been dealing a great deal with the owners of the house and have much more detailes and info about this unusual house and its history.
Hi Henrik

No, I don't mind giving Megan credit for telling me about this house, infact she was like you said the One who first told me about the house through IM asking if I knew about the house in a casual way, which of course I didn't at the time, she in return emailed me the link to the ebay auction which had already ended at the time, this was sometime in 2006 before August of last year or it was in Sept. of 2006 if I'm not mistaken, I would have to look it up, if you want me to be exact as a lot of things were going on around this time for me personally if I remember as they always do, so I would have to trace back my steps through email corresponse and right now I'm at work so a lot of that information is on my other computer, so I'm only going by memory here. ( I now confirmed when this all started it was in late August or the early part of Sept of 2006, as my first email was sent out Sept 9th 2006 to the owners son, so Megan sent me the ebay auction link latter part of August or early part of September through one of the IM we had during this period)

Bottom line I wouldn't have known about the house if it weren't for Megan Murphy.

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Henrik Knudsen
Registered for: 18 years 9 months

Post by Henrik Knudsen »

PEP

You said it all in your last posting. Thanks. I know you did it all with the best intentions and it came out great. Thanks again.

Megan is very talented in researching, just dug up a lot of great information, with her last week in Memphis. Where we among a lot of things got to meet and did an interview with Ronnie Milsap.

HK

I met some of my best friends thru Elvis. Not that I ever met Elvis, but they are Elvis fans!

Topic author
PEP

Re: The other Graceland

Post by PEP »

I just found out yesterday the Estate has Now been Sold, to a young family with a child on the way who lived in the area they take procession April 1st 2008.

This was one incredible deal in my opinion.

Reading between the lines the New owners paid less than $550,000 US for 32 acres of land including the 4 acre lake and 7200 square foot home including swimming pool and 3 car garage.

I would like to thank Megan Murphy again for the mentioning this to me that it had originally been on ebay a little over a year and half ago.

I personally came very close at times to making a decision to buying this Estate as I felt it had so much potential, not just because of the home but because of the land as well.

PEP 8)

Little Darlin
Registered for: 17 years
Location: Being Entertained By Grammy Nominated Artist Adam Lambert.

Post by Little Darlin »

At today's exchange rate PEP, that house is worth roughly £250,000 what a bargain

I'm so jealous ,but good luck to them.

Wonder if they are Elvis fans.

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

Little Darlin wrote:At today's exchange rate PEP, that house is worth roughly £250,000 what a bargain

I'm so jealous ,but good luck to them.

Wonder if they are Elvis fans.
They maybe aware of Elvis of course, but it does not sound like this was the reason for buying, they are into horse's by the sounds of it.

PEP 8)

Vissie
Registered for: 16 years 8 months

Post by Vissie »

Pep, do you know if they've closed yet? If so, then many good wishes to them!

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

Vissie wrote:Pep, do you know if they've closed yet? If so, then many good wishes to them!
Yes, as far as I know, New owners take procession April 1st 2008.

PEP 8)

Topic author
PEP

Re: The other Graceland's in Mississippi and in Chicago (UPDATE)

Post by PEP »

About seven years ago now, Super Elvis Fans, Cindy & Tom Sanocki along with their son Tom Jr moved into their Graceland style home they had built in the Chicago area. Here are a few pictures of their home, that I thought some of you might like to see.

I mentioned the home earlier in the thread and showed one small picture, but this is the first time, I've been able to get better pictures directly from Tom jr to show you all.

As you can see, their home is not exactly like Graceland in every way, but then again, nor is the home in Mississippi either. Nevertheless the design is cool just the same. It should be noted, the interior of the Sanocki home when compared to the Graceland layout, is a completely different design. So, I felt, there is no point in showing interior pictures. But anyone can't deny, the exterior is something some of us dream or would like to have as our own. Anyway bottom line is, I know I would ! :D
I would like to thank Tom Jr, Cindy & Tom, once again, for sharing the pictures of their family's home.
PEP 8)

Little Darlin

Re: The other Graceland's in Mississippi and in Chicago (UPDATE)

Post by Little Darlin »

That's Gorgeous!

I saw Elvis live in concert the year before he died. Even then, he was bigger than life, and had amazing charisma. Haven't seen anything like it since, ....until Adam.........Nocturnal 2010
No matter how old you are, no matter who you sleep with, no matter what color your skin is, we can all party together.” - Adam Lambert 2010

Monique
Registered for: 15 years 8 months

Re:

Post by Monique »

Elvis' Babe wrote:i MUCH prefer the red theme over cilla's posthumous redecoration spree. it just screams elvis more at me than her 'refined' taste.

the blue/white actually looks out of place when you see the jungle room, elvis' bedroom, the billiards room, the kitchen... it doesn't seem like him at all to have all that pristine white carpet, white couches, etc... all together in the living room. you see the red curtains, red carpet, the darker colors... and it suddenly feels like the rest of the house.

i'm of the opinion that cilla just wasn't fond of elvis' little whore house of memphis and was particularly bothered by the fact that linda thompson had been there after her. she's done a lot of work on erasing linda thompson and ginger alden. she really wants that 'widow' title rather than 'ex-wife' with quite a few years in between.

cilla's argument that elvis hated linda thompson's redecoration falls flat when you take into consideration that the room that elvis completely decorated himself--the jungle room--is one of the gaudiest in the whole house.

i would LOVE to visit an exact replica of graceland the way it was.
I know this is an old post, but I need to say that the way Graceland is today, is the way it was (more or less) from 1957 till Linda changed it in 1974...so it was like this for 17 years... Only the last 3 years was it in the red style. So I think the white period was also really Elvis, and not Priscilla...she wasn't there in 1957 when Elvis got it decorated. I would love to see it once in the red style (maybe go there in the x-mas period), but I prefer the white furniture because it's much easier on the eyes and Elvis had it that way much longer.

Always Elvis on my mind

elvisallc
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Re: Re:

Post by elvisallc »

Monique wrote:
Elvis' Babe wrote:i MUCH prefer the red theme over cilla's posthumous redecoration spree. it just screams elvis more at me than her 'refined' taste.

the blue/white actually looks out of place when you see the jungle room, elvis' bedroom, the billiards room, the kitchen... it doesn't seem like him at all to have all that pristine white carpet, white couches, etc... all together in the living room. you see the red curtains, red carpet, the darker colors... and it suddenly feels like the rest of the house.

i'm of the opinion that cilla just wasn't fond of elvis' little whore house of memphis and was particularly bothered by the fact that linda thompson had been there after her. she's done a lot of work on erasing linda thompson and ginger alden. she really wants that 'widow' title rather than 'ex-wife' with quite a few years in between.

cilla's argument that elvis hated linda thompson's redecoration falls flat when you take into consideration that the room that elvis completely decorated himself--the jungle room--is one of the gaudiest in the whole house.

i would LOVE to visit an exact replica of graceland the way it was.
I know this is an old post, but I need to say that the way Graceland is today, is the way it was (more or less) from 1957 till Linda changed it in 1974...so it was like this for 17 years... Only the last 3 years was it in the red style. So I think the white period was also really Elvis, and not Priscilla...she wasn't there in 1957 when Elvis got it decorated. I would love to see it once in the red style (maybe go there in the x-mas period), but I prefer the white furniture because it's much easier on the eyes and Elvis had it that way much longer.
They did it in red and white for Christmas 07. It was on Entertainment Tonight and Access Hollywood.

Monique

Re: Graceland's in Mississippi & in Chicago (UPDATE w/ new pics)

Post by Monique »

They have it in red (x-mas) style every x-mas time (from half november till the 9 of January). Need to see it in that periode once. :D

Always Elvis on my mind

hisby

Post by hisby »

i really don't like the "original" red theme from 1974........it looks to me like te 68 special.....the hooker scene........probably it is a sens of taste........but is it isn't my taste, no matter what year it is..

marcel

elvisallc
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by elvisallc »

hisby wrote:i really don't like the "original" red theme from 1974........it looks to me like te 68 special.....the hooker scene........probably it is a sens of taste........but is it isn't my taste, no matter what year it is..

marcel
Well to be fair, red is an "in" color these days. :)

Monique

Post by Monique »

hisby wrote:i really don't like the "original" red theme from 1974........it looks to me like te 68 special.....the hooker scene........probably it is a sens of taste........but is it isn't my taste, no matter what year it is..

marcel
There is nothing original about the red theme. At least no more than the white theme... It is (at most) the way it was from 1974 till Elvis passed away. The white period was more original, since that was the way Elvis decorated it when he started living there and the way it looked during the first 17 years.

Always Elvis on my mind

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

While in Memphis, during Elvis week 2009, I found out, through talking with one of the EPE employee's on August 16th/09 as I was touring Graceland, that there is another Elvis fan in Brazil of all places......where this fan tried to have Graceland duplicated.
Here is the picture. The idea is there, but it just doesn't fly....
Anyway thought some of you might be interested in seeing it.
PEP 8)

Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by Swingin-Little-Guitar-Man »

Lol it's still pretty cool. Wonder what the inside's like?

Monique

Post by Monique »

It looks cool!

Always Elvis on my mind

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

Another try at Graceland.
Located in Orlando Florida, built in 1980.
PEP 8)

Little Darlin

Post by Little Darlin »

WOW That's darn near perfect! Is that a stretch limo outside the front door? I want a house like that :cry:

Topic author
PEP

Re: Graceland Repilica homes from around the World

Post by PEP »

Update: it appears another Graceland is in the works.
This was first mentionted back in January 2011.
This time, it is being built in Breda, Holland,
Elvis Matters reported on this, seen here.
http://www.elvismatters.com/index.php?pagina=nieuws&id=4701
Rumour is, more are on their way.

PEP 8)

Tcbee
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Tcbee »

Thanks for such an interesting topic. I'm sorry that you didn't get to purchase this property PEP, I would have come to stay. Can someone please tell me what is wrong with living in MIssissippi?

There is meant to be an "Elvis style" house not too far away from where I live. Google map this if you like (Gracelands Drive, Logan City, Queensland, Australia). I don't know how to copy and paste a google map, so that is the best I can give you. I cringe everytime I see the name of the street, and that may be why I have never been there. I am going to make it my mission over the Easter holidays to go and find this house and take photos of it. I don't think it is going to be anything like the pictures of the other houses on here though.

Bev

tupelo_boy

Post by tupelo_boy »

I particularly like this one. It may be in my budget too

Graceland Too, located in Holly Springs, MS, some 46 miles from Elvis Presley's Memphis estate, is both a compelling tribute to the King of Rock-n-Roll and a worthwhile site of exploration into the limits of human obsession.

Owner and inhabitant Paul McLeod has assembled not just a striking collection of Elvis memorabilia, including costumes, records, pictures, and media archives, but has also built a self-referential tribute to and archive of his own love for the King. There are Polaroids of all previous visitors to the site, pictures of McLeod from his days as an Elvis impersonator, and -- word has it -- a newly constructed replica of the Jailhouse Rock set.
Geoff

tupelo boy

If I could you know that I would fly away with you.

Head of The Harum Scarum Soundtrack Appreciation Society - Camp Classic Division

tupelo_boy

Post by tupelo_boy »

Tcbee wrote:Thanks for such an interesting topic. I'm sorry that you didn't get to purchase this property PEP, I would have come to stay. Can someone please tell me what is wrong with living in MIssissippi?

There is meant to be an "Elvis style" house not too far away from where I live. Google map this if you like (Gracelands Drive, Logan City, Queensland, Australia). I don't know how to copy and paste a google map, so that is the best I can give you. I cringe everytime I see the name of the street, and that may be why I have never been there. I am going to make it my mission over the Easter holidays to go and find this house and take photos of it. I don't think it is going to be anything like the pictures of the other houses on here though.

Bev
That is amazing! ::rocks

Geoff

tupelo boy

If I could you know that I would fly away with you.

Head of The Harum Scarum Soundtrack Appreciation Society - Camp Classic Division