Graceland style homes from around the World

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Deleted User 930

Re: Graceland Repilica homes from around the World

Post by Deleted User 930 »

tupelo_boy wrote:I particularly like this one. It may be in my budget too

Graceland Too, located in Holly Springs, MS, some 46 miles from Elvis Presley's Memphis estate, is both a compelling tribute to the King of Rock-n-Roll and a worthwhile site of exploration into the limits of human obsession.

Owner and inhabitant Paul McLeod has assembled not just a striking collection of Elvis memorabilia, including costumes, records, pictures, and media archives, but has also built a self-referential tribute to and archive of his own love for the King. There are Polaroids of all previous visitors to the site, pictures of McLeod from his days as an Elvis impersonator, and -- word has it -- a newly constructed replica of the Jailhouse Rock set.
Geoff
That one tops them all :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I never saw so much crap at one place..

Luuk

Post by Luuk »

Whatever you think of replica's of Graceland, isn't it amazing a singer's house (exterior) is copied all over the world?

sylvain
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by sylvain »

Graceland Randers april 14

sylvain

Post by sylvain »

Graceland Breda 2009

Sunday march 20, 2011

elvis-fan
Registered for: 21 years

Post by elvis-fan »

Sylvain... it would very interesting to see the inside of his home... did you have the opportunity to get a tour? (I'm refering to the Graceland Randers home)

sylvain

Post by sylvain »

elvis-fan wrote:Sylvain... it would very interesting to see the inside of his home... did you have the opportunity to get a tour? (I'm refering to the Graceland Randers home)
for photos of the opening weekend see my website http://www.everyoneweb.com/emb/

Elvis2001.net
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Elvis2001.net »

EPE BLOCKED APPEARANCES? - Elvis Presley Enterprises put a stop to James
Burton and Larry Geller appearing at the opening of the 'Graceland Randers' project
according to the Kings World website.

Due to an ongoing legal dispute regarding the EPE trademark, 'Graceland', the Elvis Estate is
said to have requested that James, Larry and Charles Stone, who are all regulars hired by
the estate at their Elvis events, do not attend.

James Burton who was Elvis' lead guitarist and Larry Geller who was Elvis' hairdresser and
close friend both agreed and declined to appear. Charles Stone who worked for Parker
through Concerts West did attend the opening and when asked about the request from EPE,
Stone replied “They are not going to tell me what to do!” reports the Kings World

ELVIS EXPRESS RADIO

Tcbee
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Tcbee »

I went driving today and found the house that looks nothing like Graceland, although I wasn't expecting it to or else I'm sure we would have known more about it. The only great factor about it is that it is on the corner of Presley Circuit and Gracelands Drive. My friend and I reckon we are going to go back one night and paint out the "s" on the Gracelands Drive sign which I refused to take a photo of.

Bev

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

Thanks sylvain for the latest picture on the Breda Holland Graceland version.
Even tho in the picture you took last month, shows the home is still not completed
One can see now, the idea may have been in place to try and look a little like Graceland,
but that's as far as it going to get, I think. (a little) :wink:
PEP 8)

TCB-FAN
Registered for: 15 years

Post by TCB-FAN »

KempoDick wrote:
tupelo_boy wrote:I particularly like this one. It may be in my budget too

Graceland Too, located in Holly Springs, MS, some 46 miles from Elvis Presley's Memphis estate, is both a compelling tribute to the King of Rock-n-Roll and a worthwhile site of exploration into the limits of human obsession.

Owner and inhabitant Paul McLeod has assembled not just a striking collection of Elvis memorabilia, including costumes, records, pictures, and media archives, but has also built a self-referential tribute to and archive of his own love for the King. There are Polaroids of all previous visitors to the site, pictures of McLeod from his days as an Elvis impersonator, and -- word has it -- a newly constructed replica of the Jailhouse Rock set.
Geoff
That one tops them all :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I never saw so much crap at one place..

I'm guessing the occupant happens to be a 90 year old lady with 38 cats, likes to hoard a large collection of used dentures & the photo itself was taken in mid-July.

"If The Songs Don't Go Over With The Crowd, We Can Always Do A Medley Of Costumes."

Elvis A. Presley, 1970

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

TCB-FAN wrote:

I'm guessing the occupant happens to be a 90 year old lady with 38 cats, likes to hoard a large collection of used dentures & the photo itself was taken in mid-July.

Actually not. The home is called Graceland Two, located in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
The pink is gone now and the home has since been painted white.

Still just the same, even tho the idea of Graceland is here as well. As anyone can
plainly see, it looks nothing like Graceland in reality.
Here is some information on the guy who owns it.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/11097

PEP 8)

Hank
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Post by Hank »

I remember somebody showing me the "Graceland" outside Orlando a few years back. Apparently, EPE at some point forced the owners to remove the Elvis likeness from the gates. The house has been up for sale once or twice; the problem is that like just about every place else in Orlando, the area around it, Pine Hills, has turned into a complete godawful slum--the locals call it "Crime Hills."

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

Hank wrote:I remember somebody showing me the "Graceland" outside Orlando a few years back. Apparently, EPE at some point forced the owners to remove the Elvis likeness from the gates. The house has been up for sale once or twice; the problem is that like just about every place else in Orlando, the area around it, Pine Hills, has turned into a complete godawful slum--the locals call it "Crime Hills."
Hank, you wouldn't have any better pictures of this home, would you?
Hmmm, so it was this home that was sued by EPE for the gates. I remember reading
something about that years ago. I didn't think the story was true, because it does seem
odd to me, EPE would want to sue somebody over gates for a private home.
Elvis gates or not, if you know what I mean.
PEP 8)

Hank

Post by Hank »

PEP wrote:
Hank wrote:I remember somebody showing me the "Graceland" outside Orlando a few years back. Apparently, EPE at some point forced the owners to remove the Elvis likeness from the gates. The house has been up for sale once or twice; the problem is that like just about every place else in Orlando, the area around it, Pine Hills, has turned into a complete godawful slum--the locals call it "Crime Hills."
Hank, you wouldn't have any better pictures of this home, would you?
Hmmm, so it was this home that was sued by EPE for the gates. I remember reading
something about that years ago. I didn't think the story was true, because it does seem
odd to me, EPE would want to sue somebody over gates for a private home.
Elvis gates or not, if you know what I mean.
PEP 8)
I moved out of Orlando five years ago, and it must have been about 1994 when somebody showed me where the house is...I'm sure you can see it on Google Maps, but I really can't recall exactly how to get there other than it was in the vicinity of North Hiawassee Road. Let me fool around and see if I can see it...

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

I found some, thanks :wink:
Graceland style home, Orlando, Florida.
PEP 8)

Hank

Post by Hank »

Topic author
PEP

Post by PEP »

Thanks Hank

PEP 8)

bray1977
Registered for: 19 years 3 months

Post by bray1977 »

sylvain wrote:
for photos of the opening weekend see my website http://www.everyoneweb.com/emb/
Great pictures. I really liked the parade of vintage cars.

50,000,000 Elvis fans cant be wrong.

Topic author
PEP

Re: Graceland style homes from around the World

Post by PEP »

On the New "Dallas" TV series 2013, I noticed on the latest episode named
"Ewings Unite!", One of the TV Characters' was staying in a home which resembled Graceland
in a slightly modern way.

I assume by what I read on the net about the new "Dallas" series', most, if not all filmig is done
in the Dallas area. So, we can assume this home is located there as well.

One can only assume as well, there is a good chance the people whom own this home for real,
could very well be Elvis fans' too.
Also here is the latest picture I could fine on the net of the Graceland Style Home in Breda Holland.

PEP 8)

Tony Trout

Post by Tony Trout »

PEP wrote:
TCB-FAN wrote:

Actually not. The home is called Graceland Two, located in Holly Springs, Mississippi.
The pink is gone now and the home has since been painted white.

Still just the same, even tho the idea of Graceland is here as well. As anyone can
plainly see, it looks nothing like Graceland in reality.
Here is some information on the guy who owns it.
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/11097

PEP 8)
The guy that owned it is now deceased. His name was Paul McCloud and he was a definitive Elvis fanatic: He would have three televisions on constantly to catch anything and everything about Elvis that he could.

However, all of this fanaticism caused his son to disown himself from the family and he ran off. Paul wound up shooting a man at point-blank range and hitting him right in the heart because Paul thought that he wanted steal something from him when, in reality, there wasn't much in that house worth stealing or of any value -except for Paul's vast Elvis collection. The family wanted to auction off some of the stuff (including an original 45rpm recording of Elvis's SUN Records, "That's Alright, Mama)"!

I only read about this recently while on another site. I believe that the remaining family members may have gone to court about this but, I'm not sure what really happened. Image

As far as other Graceland-like homes, there is a friend of mine who lives in town here and she is a HUGE Elvis fan - she's such a super fan that when she was in a near-fatal car accident, her husband promised her that if she made it through the accident and got healthy, he would build her a replica of Graceland!

Well, she did recover completely and he did build her that house he promised her! It's called, Graceland East", and sits on a hill outside of highway 61 near Murphy, NC where I live. I'm planning on going there in the future if nothing happens and my health holds up.

Sadly, I recently lost a dear friend who was also a friend to this lady who has the Graceland replica. Her name was Sharon Hunsucker and she was a much bigger fan than myself, having been born back before Elvis first became a big star in 1956.

She had a vast collection of Elvis memorabilia and her two remaining sisters were discussing letting me have her huge collection of Elvis stuff to take care of. It's been a few weeks since she passed and I haven't heard anything else about the collection. Sometimes no news is good news but sometimes no news can be bad news.....I told Sharon not barely a year ago (while joking with her) that "she ought to will her Elvis collection to me!" not realising that she would actually be gone a year later. :(. Her passing has shocked everyone in our little community.

She touched a LOT of lives while here on Earth and I'm definitely going to miss my "Elvis Buddy" (she and her other sister, Diana, were the ones who raised money so that they could take me to Memphis to see Graceland WAY back in 2001.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"If the songs don't go over, we can do a medley of costumes!" - Elvis Presley (August 10, 1970 backstage in his dressing room before the first show of the August, 10, 1970/September 8, 1970 season in Vegas).

JonRomanovich

Post by JonRomanovich »

Does anyone have information on the home that was sold 2.5 hours south of Memphis built in 1953 from the same blueprints??

iF iT'S tOO lOUD, yOU ARE tOO oLD

I'm on facebook!! Jon Romanovich