Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Johnny 99
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Suspicious Minds Pyschedelic cover?

Post by Johnny 99 »

I was watching Elvis by the Presleys and during the piece on the American Sessions, they showed what appeared to be the Suspicious Minds single but with, with can best be described as a psychedelic cover - It's abstract art featuring Elvis' face but with some psychedelic / paisley patterning - it's black and white, I recall. Does anyone have any further information, such as from which country this cover originates? I'm afraid I couldn't find a photograph.

Thanks

''I'm a good guy, basically'' - Tony Soprano

''if I ever got to the place where I could feel all old Arthur felt, I’d be a music man like nobody ever saw.” - Elvis Presley (1956)

Elvis_Priestly
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Elvis_Priestly »

Just watched that myself recently and knew I'd seen it somewhere before here it is (no artist credits alas)

From - Paul Dowling Elvis The Ultimate Album Cover Book(New York: Harry m. Abrams, 1996) p.90 captioned:

Suspicious Minds/
You'll Think of Me

Turkey (single)

Topic author
Johnny 99

Post by Johnny 99 »

Excellent Father, thanks so much - been searching on internet for a couple of hours and got nowhere. Very unusual cover don't you think, though very of its time.

''if I ever got to the place where I could feel all old Arthur felt, I’d be a music man like nobody ever saw.” - Elvis Presley (1956)

Elvis_Priestly

Post by Elvis_Priestly »

Johnny 99 wrote:Excellent Father, thanks so much - been searching on internet for a couple of hours and got nowhere. Very unusual cover don't you think, though very of its time.
I do and was surprised it was Turkish, at the effort that went into the artwork there as compared to the US edition. The Turkish cover for "Rubberneckin'/Don't Cry Daddy" is unusual as well.

Topic author
Johnny 99

Post by Johnny 99 »

Elvis_Priestly wrote:
Johnny 99 wrote:Excellent Father, thanks so much - been searching on internet for a couple of hours and got nowhere. Very unusual cover don't you think, though very of its time.
I do and was surprised it was Turkish, at the effort that went into the artwork there as compared to the US edition. The Turkish cover for "Rubberneckin'/Don't Cry Daddy" is unusual as well.

Wow! Any more of this type?

Elvis_Priestly

Post by Elvis_Priestly »

Johnny 99 wrote:Wow! Any more of this type?
These are the only two like that in that book I have. I did a search for the record number and found this
http://recordturk.com/cizerler_betul_atli.htm

If I spoke Turkish I'd be convinced the artist was called Betul Atli, but that might just mean "fancy album art"! :P