Wal-mart Bonus disc; what about Target's Aug 13 Bonus Disc?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Deke Rivers II
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Wal-mart Bonus disc; what about Target's Aug 13 Bonus Disc?

Post by Deke Rivers II »

The sticker on the 2 Disc "Viva Las Vegas" says "ONLY AT WAL-MART" and contains an unreleased concert from August 21, 1969. How can Wal-mart say this if the Target stores will have a 2 Disc edition of "....Vegas" on August 13th with a bonus disc to include an unreleased August 1969 concert? Is is possible that the unreleased concert that Target will have will be different? Does anyone know. And are their other stores that will have a bonus disc or a variation? Target's is a little more than $7 more expensive too!

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/sr=8-2/qid=1185992383/ref=sr_8_2/602-7288747-8594202?ie=UTF8&asin=B000RZOR6G

Topic author
Deke Rivers II

Post by Deke Rivers II »

Amazon.com will have a 2 disc "Viva Las Vegas" on August 13th with an unreleased August 1969 concert as well.....maybe Wal-mart's "ONLY AT WAL-MART" claim should read....."ONLY AT WAL-MART ON JULY 31st RELEASE DATE"!

MysteryTrain
Registered for: 21 years

Post by MysteryTrain »

I think the more expensive two disc set of "Viva Las Vegas" being offered by Amazon is an import; thus, the international version that is a two disc set. As far as I know, only the U.S.A. (and perhaps Canada) is getting the one disc version. Amazon is Target's fulfillment source, so it too is probably referencing the international version.

Mystery Train

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

This whole VLV thing is confusing. 1 disc or 2 discs. Wal-Mart, KMart.
Disc one is 16 tracks in the U.S., but 19 tracks overseas? Correct?
Best to order the foreign version?

steve in SC

Post by steve in SC »

I went to Wal-Mart today and found only the single disc version with a sticker about the abc-tv special. Those of you that found the dvd's, were they in a display? Were they with other dvd's? Thanks

Topic author
Deke Rivers II

Post by Deke Rivers II »

The disc that Target and Amazon are listing on August 13th is not the import version that disc is much higher. It is an alternate US version.

Steve, I found the 2 disc version with the new releases at Wal-mart and not the Elvis Presley section (I only found the 1 disc version there).

Guess I will settle for the US version as the international versions always cost way more plus shipping and handling. I impart too much money as it is to buy two cd's when it is only one that I want to begin with. I would have never bought the disc to begin with had it not been for the UNRELEASED CONCERT from 1969. '69 and '70 were the last times Elvis was anywhere near his 1950's status. Basically as far as concerts were concerned it was all downhill from there except for a single song performance or two from varried concerts until his untimely death.

Topic author
Deke Rivers II

Post by Deke Rivers II »

elviscollector101 wrote:.........also 10 dvd's were put out at wal-mart today also , i thought that these dvd's were not going to be released untill 8-7-07.
Hmmnn....didn't see those at my Wal-Mart.....what Wal-mart in Kentucky did you visit....may I ask?

Tom in North Carolina

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

I bought the 2-disc set at Wally-Mart today and the concert is awesome! I actually went there looking to see if the 8/7 DVD's were out early............they weren't.

Tom

konacms

Post by konacms »

They were all out in Hawaii.

Aloha,
Charlie

MysteryTrain

Post by MysteryTrain »

Deke,

On August 13 Amazon is shipping the European two disc version of "Viva Las Vegas." On August 27 Amazon is shipping the Japanese two disc version. Both listing clearly state "import." The Japanese version is higher priced. As far as I know, the two "imports" are the same, track wise. They are also the same as the U.S.A. Wal Mart two disc version, except that disc one has three more tracks.

Mystery Train

Topic author
Deke Rivers II

Post by Deke Rivers II »

Thanks Mystery Train.....guess I should have read the Amazon ad closer.

Buffalo Wings

Post by Buffalo Wings »

Picked it up yesterday. Love the full new show. I'm surprised it was never released on the FTD label, but I'm glad this concert gets wider distribution for more fans to hear.

Regards,
Buffalo Wings
aka "Beatle Bob"
:)

"Broadsword calling Danny Boy, over?"