Has Elvis' voice become more appreciated the last 5 years?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Joe Car
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Has Elvis' voice become more appreciated the last 5 years?

Post by Joe Car »

I believe a lot of his other attributes have somewhat always taken away from his greatest gift, that incredible voice. Do you feel that over the last several years, especially with the internet so prevalent, and youtube showcasing our guy's greatness, that a lot of non-fans and the mainstream media, now realize the tremendous voice he had? Personally, I know I have, while I always thought it was great, I did not realize how good, his voice still amazes me to this day!

karlos
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Re: Has Elvis' voice become more appreciated the last 5 year

Post by karlos »

Joe Car wrote:I believe a lot of his other attributes have somewhat always taken away from his greatest gift, that incredible voice. Do you feel that over the last several years, especially with the internet so prevalent, and youtube showcasing our guy's greatness, that a lot of non-fans and the mainstream media, now realize the tremendous voice he had? Personally, I know I have, while I always thought it was great, I did not realize how good, his voice still amazes me to this day!

You are absolutely right Joe in what you have said . this is a good post and like you i always thought that Elvis had a stronger voice .

i have always thought that he never lost that power in his voice especially during his concert years at Vegas and On Tour .

Just hear - HURT , HOW GREAT THOU ART and such songs during his latter years . .

like you - i was and still am amazed at Elvis voice today .
great post Joe -

very interesting topic. .

omnipresence
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by omnipresence »

Sure, things like American Idol and the JXL remix did a lot, certainly got him more fans.
However, there are still a lot of people who say that A Little Less Conversation was his only good songs which is annoying :P

Narek
Registered for: 20 years 9 months

Post by Narek »

For me the voice has always been most appreciated thing in Elvis.

He's the King. No matter what you think.

nashnet
Registered for: 21 years

Post by nashnet »

Yes, I think it has become more appreciated- I just wish he was more appreciated for those last 5 years!

Nashnet

"Ten thousand miles even though I roam
I can hear the call of the hills of home..."

Scott Haigh 781990EP
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Scott Haigh 781990EP »

I'd say that for the last few years, the campaign since the massive success of the number one hits release has really helped in re-establishing Elvis as the celebrated King of Rock n rol, especially the 68 and Aloha deluxe DVDs, oh and not to mention the remixes. They established Elvis to a new audience, and that new audience found out the beauty and craft of his music and how he done it. Listening to him shopws people how music was and should still be, treated with respect, enthusiasm, and emotion. They've realised that behind the parody of the fat heavily sequinned burger loving mumbler, that it was no joke when they gave him the title of The King. Just look at Celine and Elvis's 'duet' on American Idol: people saw what an originator and leader he was and still is. I'm quite proud to be a fan :D

I'm like a stranger, like a stranger in my own hometown
My so called friends stopped being friendly, oh but you can't keep a good man down

http://www.myspace.com/musicprisoner

bajo
Registered for: 21 years

Post by bajo »

There's another side also to the voice of Elvis, at least to me!
Even a radio with low volume in the background, suddenly becomes interesting when I hear that voice coming through. As if there's a special frequency range opening up, only to receive that voice!
Listening to Elvis on the radio always gets my attention and reminds me what a standout performer and singer he has always been!

"If you love me let me know, if you don't, ....move it!"

Topic author
Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:I'd say that for the last few years, the campaign since the massive success of the number one hits release has really helped in re-establishing Elvis as the celebrated King of Rock n rol, especially the 68 and Aloha deluxe DVDs, oh and not to mention the remixes. They established Elvis to a new audience, and that new audience found out the beauty and craft of his music and how he done it. Listening to him shopws people how music was and should still be, treated with respect, enthusiasm, and emotion. They've realised that behind the parody of the fat heavily sequinned burger loving mumbler, that it was no joke when they gave him the title of The King. Just look at Celine and Elvis's 'duet' on American Idol: people saw what an originator and leader he was and still is. I'm quite proud to be a fan :D
Well said Scott!

Ramiro

Post by Ramiro »

Did you noticed how many voices, even the ones regarded as "great voices", when you hear them for a while you end bored or even with hurt in your ears after a time? To the contrary, you can hear Elvis' voice for hours without those results. Elvis' voice has that beauty and softness, that great quality that goes beyond the pure power.

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

omnipresence wrote:Sure, things like American Idol and the JXL remix did a lot, certainly got him more fans.
However, there are still a lot of people who say that A Little Less Conversation was his only good songs which is annoying :P
People who think like that are beyond all hope and help.

I enjoy ALLC, but when compared to some of his groundbreaking, monumental hits ALLC is small potatoes.