Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Old Posts

Wed Apr 16, 2003 10:16 pm

What happened to all the history? :cry:

Will it be like the other time the format changed?

Re: Old Posts

Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:35 am

genesim wrote:What happened to all the history? :cry:

Nobody knows.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:36 am

And what happened to genesim ???

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:37 am

Dan_T wrote:And what happened to genesim ???

Nobody knows.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:53 am

I must be Psychic ! :)

Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:14 am

i recently searched for one of my old threads about the bootleg "run on", written before 2005.
it was nowhere to be found.
i guess, most of the old data is lost.

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:00 pm

he is active on other boards - still discussing Elvis. I would paste a link but not sure if this is against the board rules?

Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:14 pm

LesterB wrote:

he is active on other boards - still discussing Elvis. I would paste a link but not sure if this is against the board rules?

It might be against the laws of nature. ;-)

Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:26 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
genesim wrote:What happened to all the history? :cry:

Nobody knows.

Slow news day?

Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:22 am

Christopher wrote:i recently searched for one of my old threads about the bootleg "run on", written before 2005.

Hi @Christopher!

Data prior to April 2003 was lost in the original move to ElviCities. This was before the forum software was as solid as it is now, with many stability tweaks I have now re-written into the coding of the forum itself.
Not to mention, the hardware being used way back then on FECC's original hosting service was VERY old and slow. IIRC, that company hosted literally hundreds of sites on a single one-core server, sharing 1 or 2 gigs of ram amongst them all.(ouch!).
During the move, I was almost certain that their server was going to just give up and explode!!!!!!! I'm honestly amazed we rescued as much as we did back in '03!
Memoriesssssssss.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:32 am

fecc-mechanic wrote:
Christopher wrote:i recently searched for one of my old threads about the bootleg "run on", written before 2005.

Hi @Christopher!

Data prior to April 2003 was lost in the original move to ElviCities. This was before the forum software was as solid as it is now, with many stability tweaks I have now re-written into the coding of the forum itself.
Not to mention, the hardware being used way back then on FECC's original hosting service was VERY old and slow. IIRC, that company hosted literally hundreds of sites on a single one-core server, sharing 1 or 2 gigs of ram amongst them all.(ouch!).
During the move, I was almost certain that their server was going to just give up and explode!!!!!!! I'm honestly amazed we rescued as much as we did back in '03!
Memoriesssssssss.

Hello Jordan ,
You did, and are doing a wonderful job regardless of the past.
The server here is exceptionally smooth, and definitely feels professionally maintained.
I am 100% a happy costumer! :wink:

Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:37 am

Why thank you, promiseland!
Your kind words are greatly appreciated!

Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:12 pm

promiseland wrote:
fecc-mechanic wrote:

Hi @Christopher!

Memoriesssssssss.

Hello Jordan ,
You did, and are doing a wonderful job regardless of the past.
The server here is exceptionally smooth, and definitely feels professionally maintained.
I am 100% a happy costumer! :wink:

+1,000,000

Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Jordan,you rock!

mobile reply