Marty Lacker response to Chuck D' s Eminem, EP comparison

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

drjohncarpenter
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by drjohncarpenter »

Boy, would Elvis Presley be amazed and saddened at the narrow views -- and I'm being kind here -- of some so-called "fans" on this forum.

You people are just an embarrassment.

See ya!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.
Stop, look and listen, baby <<--->> that's my philosophy!

Narek
Registered for: 20 years 8 months

Post by Narek »

Aren't you a bit way too self-confident thinking you can judge views of other people and decide whether they are fans or "fans"? I got news then, you may be a good Elvis expert, and among the best I know, but man your opinions are dogmatic only to you.

He's the King. No matter what you think.

Bodie
Registered for: 16 years 11 months

Post by Bodie »

drjohncarpenter wrote:Boy, would Elvis Presley be amazed and saddened at the narrow views -- and I'm being kind here -- of some so-called "fans" on this forum.

See ya!
Im sure there are some fans who stay away from this board because of your rudeness.

deadringer
Registered for: 18 years 8 months

Post by deadringer »

drjohncarpenter wrote:Boy, would Elvis Presley be amazed and saddened at the narrow views -- and I'm being kind here -- of some so-called "fans" on this forum.

See ya!
... said DJC - who is an expert for narrow views. It is still the same, DJC. You always present YOUR OPINION as part of Bible here, nothing to discussion. And if someone have an opinion - different from your, he is an ignorant, embarrasing person etc...

I still remember your "narrow view" when there was discussion about the song "My Boy" for example... if I will be ignorant, I will say you are biased because this is originally French song and you are American :-).

Also your "would Elvis Presley be amazed and saddened at the narrow views -- and I'm being kind here -- of some so-called "fans" on this forum." is pretty silly, DJC. Even if some posts here are biased or dumb, Elvis himself did so many silly things in his life... pls he is dead I think so your hypothesis is nonsense. But of course you are DJC and you know the best what "Elvis will think". :lol:

drjohncarpenter

Bodie wrote:Im sure there are some fans who stay away from this board because of your rudeness.
Are you? Do they?

Well, if even one (1) "fan" who refers to African-Americans as "niggas" stays away from this forum because of my "rudeness," then our little world has just been made a better place.

Best of luck in future proclamations, "Bodie."

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

I never said that word and actually condemned it but you do come across as quite rude with your views which is a shame cause you are a very good source and essential for this forum, shame the manner in which you reply to people is not more polite.

Just an observation.

deadringer

Post by deadringer »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Bodie wrote:Im sure there are some fans who stay away from this board because of your rudeness.
Are you? Do they?

Well, if even one (1) "fan" who refers to African-Americans as "niggas" stays away from this forum because of my "rudeness," then our little world has just been made a better place.

So one more time especially for stubborns, DJC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigga

You know well the context of my usage of the word. Rappers and other parts of black American subculture are "niggaz" because they call each other and themselves as "niggaz". If they will call each other African-American, they will be considered to be Africans-Americans.

Now explain me why I, white European, can't use the word when I am referring to their subculture, and they can? You are really funny witrh all this political correctness that these black USA citizens do not appreciate...

deadringer

Post by deadringer »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Are you? Do they?

And one example of the rap artistic value:

http://www.bluelyrics.net/0/2_pac_lyrics/i_dont_give_a_f_k_lyrics.html

I am really ignorant, because I don't like it.

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

I think the words 'Nigga' and 'African Americans' are totally unnecessary to be honest.

The reason i think alot of black rappers etc dont like white people using it, is proberly because they feel its a word that was given to them by slavetraders so when a white person uses it i can relate to why they would think its offensive.

As i have said, the word is not a nice word and should really not be used if everyone wants to be treated the same.

The term 'African American' should not be used also. If your an American, your an American, regardless if your Black, White, Spanish, Mexican etc.

drjohncarpenter

deadringer wrote:I am really ignorant ...
Admitting the problem is a good start.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

deadringer

Post by deadringer »

Bodie wrote:I think the words 'Nigga' and 'African Americans' are totally unnecessary to be honest.
- sure. Both are wrong. African American is especially funny. I have such feeling that once we will hear Israelite-American instead of Hebrew or Jew, and European-American for any other European white immigrant? What about Hamburger-American from some boy coming from Hamburg, Germany? ;-)

::: The reason i think alot of black rappers etc dont like white people using it, is proberly because they feel its a word that was given to them by slavetraders so when a white person uses it i can relate to why they would think its offensive.

- probably. But then there is no reason for them to use it, too. It is not acceptable that some words can be used only by SOME people and not by others. If you will check some rap lyrics you will find a lot of offensive words against white people too. This is acceptable because it is used by blacks? And not acceptable vice versa? Oooops...

>>> As i have said, the word is not a nice word and should really not be used if everyone wants to be treated the same.

- agree.

>>> The term 'African American' should not be used also. If your an American, your an American, regardless if your Black, White, Spanish, Mexican etc.

- if the person - regardless the color or descent - have USA passport, then sure. Citizen of USA. Or he can feel his African descent and then he is an African with USA citizenship ;-).

Narek

Post by Narek »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
deadringer wrote:I am really ignorant ...
Admitting the problem is a good start.
Just too bad you never admit anything.

drjohncarpenter

Narek wrote:Just too bad you never admit anything.
I admit I am sickened by, um, racial attitudes like yours.

Never say never!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

TJ
Registered for: 19 years 9 months

Post by TJ »

deadringer wrote: The reason i think alot of black rappers etc dont like white people using it, is proberly because they feel its a word that was given to them by slavetraders so when a white person uses it i can relate to why they would think its offensive.
Yes, quite obviously they see a distinction between a black person calling themself or a friend that word and a white person doing the same. The craziest thing though is that the word had truly become very taboo before being thrust to the forefront of youth culture by these songs. 25 years ago, it was shocking if someone said it, but now you'll probably hear it within five minutes of turning on a music channel. It's all well and good using the excuse that it's a black pride thing, but tell that to young kids listening to the music. If you look at these lyrics http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/liljontheeastsideboyz/pushthatniggapushthathoe.html , it's pretty tough to explain to a white kid that, although the song is by a black artist, the word is in fact very offensive to black people.

As for the very common use of 'ho' and 'bitch' to describe women, I just don't get that. Now we have teen girls walking around calling themselves 'bitches' as if it's something to be proud of. If that's not a negative repercussion of rap culture, I don't know what is.

TONY

Re: SHOCK

Post by TONY »

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
TONY wrote:Elvis didn't resort to swearing, cussing women or making sexual references when he recorded.
Something tells me you haven't heard "The American Way Vol 4"....

Keith Richards, Jr.
Light-hearted remarks. These were not malicious, and certainly weren't meant for release. This sort of Elvis material is also not played on TV channels aimed at children!

Narek

Post by Narek »

drjohncarpenter wrote: I admit I am sickened by, um, racial attitudes like yours.
Quote the exact sentence where I showed any racial attitude. I'm SO eager to know where you noticed that.

drjohncarpenter

TONY wrote:Light-hearted remarks ... This sort of Elvis material is also not played on TV channels aimed at children!
If these are "light-hearted" remarks from Elvis, maybe we should get Barney to use them on his program.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Narek

Post by Narek »

Doctor, I didn't see you quoting the sentences with my "racial attitude"
So are you ganna do this, or you just can't prove what you are saying.

drjohncarpenter

Narek wrote:Doctor, I didn't see you quoting the sentences with my "racial attitude"
So are you ganna do this, or you just can't prove what you are saying.
Let's not embarrass you any further other than to say that such evidence may be gleaned by simply reading your posts on this topic.

Frankly, you were ahead of the game just walking around town in your Elvis suit.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

TONY

Post by TONY »

drjohncarpenter wrote: If these are "light-hearted" remarks from Elvis, maybe we should get Barney to use them on his program.
I'm sure even "Barney" has uttered swear words off camera, but THESE ARE NOT FOR PUBLIC TRANSMISSION, just like the Elvis swearing, where, it must be noted, created laughter in the studio; he wasn't aiming any vitriol at any race or gender, unlike so-called "rappers" who just like to try and shock. Thank God this "music" is being driven underground. Maybe we can give some time to discussing real and proper singers / musicians in the future instead of wasting space on non entities who have no place in the history of rock music or music in general.

drjohncarpenter

TONY wrote:I'm sure even "Barney" has uttered swear words off camera, but THESE ARE NOT FOR PUBLIC TRANSMISSION, just like the Elvis swearing, where, it must be noted, created laughter in the studio; he wasn't aiming any vitriol at any race or gender, unlike so-called "rappers" who just like to try and shock. Thank God this "music" is being driven underground. Maybe we can give some time to discussing real and proper singers / musicians in the future instead of wasting space on non entities who have no place in the history of rock music or music in general.
You know almost as much about Barney as you do rap and hip hop! And we are so lucky you share this enormous knowledge with all of us.

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

TONY wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote: If these are "light-hearted" remarks from Elvis, maybe we should get Barney to use them on his program.
I'm sure even "Barney" has uttered swear words off camera, but THESE ARE NOT FOR PUBLIC TRANSMISSION, just like the Elvis swearing, where, it must be noted, created laughter in the studio; he wasn't aiming any vitriol at any race or gender, unlike so-called "rappers" who just like to try and shock. Thank God this "music" is being driven underground. Maybe we can give some time to discussing real and proper singers / musicians in the future instead of wasting space on non entities who have no place in the history of rock music or music in general.
Spot on Tony.

Elvis's own taste in proper music, he would have hated 'rap' music.
Why does rap music always have the 'c' missing from it. :lol: :lol:

drjohncarpenter

Bodie wrote:Elvis's own taste in proper music, he would have hated 'rap' music.
Bodie, you're hitting a new low. I didn't think it could be done. I was wrong!

Dr. John Carpenter, M.D.

Bodie

Post by Bodie »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Bodie wrote:Elvis's own taste in proper music, he would have hated 'rap' music.
Bodie, you're hitting a new low. I didn't think it could be done. I was wrong!
So you think Elvis would have liked Rap Music??

Topic author
Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

Though I'm not sure if EP would have loved rap or not, being a lover of all kinds of music, he would have given it a chance.