Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Delboy

AT LAST!! - ELVIS ON TOUR

Post by Delboy »

TimeWarner

Time Warner Announces ‘Elvis On Tour’ release plans
March 31, 2007

NEW YORK - Time Warner Inc. (NYSE:TWX) today announced that the Elvis Presley’s 33rd and final movie the 1972 documentary ‘Elvis on Tour’ would finally be released in comprehensive DVD format.

Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Dick Parsons said: "We're pleased to have resolved the publishing issues that delayed the release of this historical documentary. We're committed to cooperating with EPE and SFX Entertainment as well as fulfilling all of our other obligations under the release settlement. At the same time, we look forward to giving the fans the quality product that they expect from Time Warner."

The final release date is expected in the fall of 2007 with a cinema release also planned. Exact content is yet to be confirmed though extensive footage yet to be officially released is expected to form an integral part of the upgraded package.

Elvis on Tour is a musical-documentary motion picture released by MGM in 1972. It was the thirty-third and final motion picture to star Elvis Presley, whose film career began in 1956. A follow-up to the 1970 release Elvis: That's the Way it Is, another musical-documentary, this film followed Presley as he embarked on a 15-city tour of the United States in April 1972. The working title of the film was Standing Room Only and a soundtrack album was planned with this title, but never released. Elvis on Tour is the only Elvis Presley film from which no actual soundtrack recordings were released concurrent with the film's release (although Presley did have hits with studio recordings of songs such as "Burning Love" and "Separate Ways" which are also featured in the film).

According to the book Elvis: His Life from A to Z by Fred L. Worth and Steve Tamerius, among those working on this film were Martin Scorsese, who supervised montage sequences, and David Draper a former Mr. Universe. The film was directed by Pierre Adidge and Robert Abel.

Elvis on Tour won the 1973 Golden Globe Award for Best Documentary.

About Time Warner

Time Warner Inc. is a leading media and entertainment company, whose businesses include interactive services, cable systems, filmed entertainment, television networks and publishing.
Contact Info:
Edward Adler, Time Warner, Corporate Communications
(212) 484-6630

Mia Carbonell, Time Warner, Corporate Communications
(212) 484-6684

Kathy McKiernan, Time Warner, Corporate Communications
(212) 484-8043

Printed from the TimeWarner corporate site, timewarner.com
© Time Warner 2007. All Rights Reserved.

thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

:roll: anyone going to hold their breath!?

Guitar_Slinger_6120

Post by Guitar_Slinger_6120 »

April Fools??

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

if the actual announcement was made on 31st March it should be ok? :roll:
certainly the time is right and it doesn't take a marketing genius to know it WOULD sell very,very well as a complete DVD package in the shops...after all what else are Elvis fans going to be spending BIG on DVD in the shops on 2007 on???? :o

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Scott Haigh 781990EP

Post by Scott Haigh 781990EP »

The real April Joke would have been the official release of EIC on dvd and marketed to the public. Looks pretty official to me. Delboy, whats your source? I don't see it on the official Elvis website, nor the official Time Warner

Please, it would be very cruel if this were a joke. However, it looks to me like an official statement.

I'm like a stranger, like a stranger in my own hometown
My so called friends stopped being friendly, oh but you can't keep a good man down

http://www.myspace.com/musicprisoner

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

shanebrown wrote:It's a joke folks. Considering it is "taken" from the Warners website, if you put the first paragraph into google, nothing comes up. If you put the paragraph into Google that begins "Elvis On Tour" then you find that the whole paragraph comes from wikipedia!

That's that one sorted!
Shane, you are too clever for this MB !

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Topic author
Rob

Post by Rob »

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:Please, it would be very cruel if this were a joke. However, it looks to me like an official statement.
There just had to be at least one person to fall for this. It is April Fool's Day, so anything goes. Try not to get it twice in the same day.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:Please, it would be very cruel if this were a joke.
However, it looks to me like an official statement.
Well, April Fool jokes are cruel, aren't they ?

And the good ones do look 'authentic' !

Otherwise they wouldn't 'fool' anyone !

Colin B

Topic author

Post by Guest »

This cannot be an April Fool joke, for it is stated that the announcement was issued on
March 31, 2007
Read and learn!

Topic author

Post by Guest »

shanebrown wrote:But it was posted on 1st April!
Gotcha!

Actually, I thought of April 1st when reading the thread author's name.

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

I don't mind April fool's jokes, but the release of EOT is crossing the line! :evil:

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

Joe Car wrote:I don't mind April fool's jokes, but the release of EOT is crossing the line! :evil:
Well, sorry Joe, but when it comes to April Fool jokes, there aren't any lines !

BTW - I see it is reported in today's The People newspaper that the motorways are to have double yellow lines painted down the sides to stop people 'parking' on the hard shoulder for 'natural breaks' or picnics !

And at a cost of £60 M !

No doubt there will be readers who will believe it !

Colin B

Topic author

Post by Guest »

You have to be really gullible to believe this. :roll:

Even Trigger wouldnt fall for this one.....well maybe. :wink: