When will all the 30th Anniversary announcements take place?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Daryl
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

When will all the 30th Anniversary announcements take place?

Post by Daryl »

Hello,

When do you suppose all the announcements for the 30th Anniversary will take place? I would hedge my bets that it's no later than tax day, April 15.

Daryl

edit: I pray to god that Sony/BMG isn't serious about a full CD of dance remixes. Don't get me wrong. I loved "A Little Less Conversation" by JXL but personally thought that "Rubberneckin'" by Paul Oakenfold seemed rushed to ride the coattails of "ALLC". Much the same way "2nd To None" was rushed to ride the success of "30 #1 Hits." I just worry that as dance mixes go, they are of the novelty sort. Something that they should remain. The Honda CRV "Burning Love" remix was even worse than "Rubberneckin". It just seems that they're desparately trying to recapture the success of "ALLC" via the same means when I would think it would be better to come up with something that hasn't been tried before.

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

My feeling has always been that ALLC was a fluke. That is: The right song, at the right time, tied in with the right sponsor (with a huge ad budget) and the right event.

The chances that all the stars will align again to recreate this phenomenon are slim.

No. Generally, I don't care for dance remixes. But I did enjoy ALLC.

Rubberneckin' however, was another story.

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

Hi there!! :D :D :D.

It´s something that I can´t take out of my mind, I don´t know why it take so long :roll: to let us know the special releases for this anniversary. It make me think they have run out of ideas :shock:. I also hope it is not a remixed album :oops:, there are so much wonderful material in BMG vaults that they don´t need to do this. I would like BMG to release a boxset of EP´s on cd´s, like they did on singles last year :idea:. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Viva el vino, viva el dinero, viva, viva el amor!!.

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

Personally, I don't see that it makes any difference WHEN they make the announcement. Even IF they wait until the last possible moment. You can't buy the product until it's for sale. Trust me, the product will be on the shelves in time for the "Big Anniversary" feeding frenzy.

ritchie valens
Banned for Political Trolling
Banned for Political Trolling
Registered for: 18 years 11 months

Post by ritchie valens »

the remixes help get young people to know who elvis is.
i heard a 14 year old girl on sirius say she got into elvis by hearing allc now she buys every cd she can get.

Topic author
Daryl

Post by Daryl »

Hello,

I think you can take a look at what two other legendary artist/groups have done.

Frank Sinatra: three volumes of duets albums, the first of which did very good, the second did marginally good and the third was god awful.

The Beatles: Free As A Bird did very good, Real Love did moderately well, and The Beatles didn't follow through with a third.

Elvis: "A Little Less Conversation" did extremely well. "Rubberneckin'" did marginally well and...???

Like I said earlier, remixes, duets albums, re-recordings and things of that nature are novelty items. They shouldn't be done everytime you turn around, or the novelty will wear off very quickly. Not only that, it isn't easy coming up with catchy novelty items like "ALLC", "FAAB" or a duets album. That's what makes "ALLC" so great. It was as catchy as hell for a song, let alone a dance remix, Elvis' vocals were top notch, the lyrics have sexual innuendo smoldering all over them. Those were the ingredients of all of Elvis' greatest hits, not just a modern day one.

Jerry, I would disagree with you on one account and that is that there are fans with limited funds that they can spend on Elvis. So the sooner you know that these films or this boxset, or whatever else might float your boat is available, it makes the purchaser consider whether to allocate money to purchasing that item that might fancy their interest. Otherwise they might have already spent what they were allocating, and later find out that something that they didn't know was coming out was in fact coming out. Ideally Warner Bros., EPE, or Sony/BMG would probably want to give at least 3 months notice, if not more.

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

Daryl: I take your point. I expect we'll hear something by mid April, or at the latest early May. Just a guess. No inside information. That should give us all plenty of time to plan our spending spree.

Don't know what the release plan is, but something tells me that I probably will be at least a little disappointed and won't buy everything. Hope I'm wrong.

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

Don't forget we have already missed out on the traditional january Birthday album release.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

Tits McGhee
Registered for: 18 years 6 months

Post by Tits McGhee »

Let's hope there's a new Christmas album on the schedules. And a 'Greatest Hits', too. And a remix dance version of 'Edge Of Reality' with the next winner of Pop Factor. That would be great and help introduce Elvis to a whole new generation of fans.

Brian Quinn

Post by Brian Quinn »

Personally, I hope that Sony/BMG will release a Remix Album. Any other ideas are redundant, particularly with regard to sound. We need to get young people interested in Elvis in order to give longevity to the Legacy. Why should young people, or indeed us old ones, settle for an Elvis with out of date sound?

Another idea would be a 'Duets' album or an album with orchestral backing.

I am all for modernity and novel ideas. Bring it on.

Brian :D

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Brian Quinn wrote:Why should young people, or indeed us old ones, settle for an Elvis with out of date sound?
Because that is what Elvis recorded, I would hardly call it settling.

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Exactly.

Promocollector

Post by Promocollector »

Matthew wrote:
Brian Quinn wrote:Why should young people, or indeed us old ones, settle for an Elvis with out of date sound?
Because that is what Elvis recorded, I would hardly call it settling.
And it's the Elvis we love.

Tits McGhee

Post by Tits McGhee »

[
quote="Brian Quinn"] Why should young people, or indeed us old ones, settle for an Elvis with out of date sound?
Because he's friggin' dead!

And what's out of date about 'Mystery Train' or 'Don't Be Cruel'?

If you want up to date sounds then I suggest you buy a Keiser Chiefs CD.

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

Elvis has recorded his music. It is what it is. Accept it that way or find something else to do.

Tits McGhee

Post by Tits McGhee »

JerryNodak wrote:Elvis has recorded his music. It is what it is. Accept it that way or find something else to do.
Amen.

sam

Post by sam »

JerryNodak wrote:Elvis has recorded his music. It is what it is. Accept it that way or find something else to do.
Something else...make remixes!!! :wink:

:wink:

Brian Quinn

Post by Brian Quinn »

Tits McGhee wrote:[
quote="Brian Quinn"] Why should young people, or indeed us old ones, settle for an Elvis with out of date sound?
Because he's friggin' dead!

And what's out of date about 'Mystery Train' or 'Don't Be Cruel'?

If you want up to date sounds then I suggest you buy a Keiser Chiefs CD.

Exactly, and that's what young people are doing!!! As an Elvis fan I want young people to buy Elvis NOT the Kaiser Chiefs.

Brian

Harty
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Harty »

Iam still hoping that we get a special anniversary box from BMG/Sony. Currently Iam tired of the FTD Soundboards.

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 6 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Harty wrote:Iam still hoping that we get a special anniversary box from BMG/Sony.
So am I, but as each day of silence goes by this becomes more of a forlorn hope, and I think that perhaps all we will get is this poxy remix album :cry:

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

BIGREDG wrote:
Harty wrote:Iam still hoping that we get a special anniversary box from BMG/Sony.
So am I, but as each day of silence goes by this becomes more of a forlorn hope, and I think that perhaps all we will get is this poxy remix album :cry:
As I already stated before at the beginning of this topic, BMG/SONY is running out of ideas for any Elvis special release :evil:. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.

Rob

Post by Rob »

Matthew wrote:
Because that is what Elvis recorded.
Nothing more needs to be said.

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 6 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Mike Windgren wrote: As I already stated before at the beginning of this topic, BMG/SONY is running out of ideas for any Elvis special release :evil:. Bye for now :wink:.
The question therfore is are they running out of ideas or have they already run out??

Running out I can live with - run out is piss poor!!

Mike Windgren

Post by Mike Windgren »

BIGREDG wrote:
Mike Windgren wrote: As I already stated before at the beginning of this topic, BMG/SONY is running out of ideas for any Elvis special release :evil:. Bye for now :wink:.
The question therfore is are they running out of ideas or have they already run out??

Running out I can live with - run out is piss poor!!
Running out of ideas I would say, we will know soon!! :lol:. Bye for now :wink:.

Mike Windgren.