Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Of course there are outtakes of Speedway! But :shock: ..let me check! :lol:

ChrisM

Re: Some unanswered questions...

Post by ChrisM »

shanebrown wrote: 5.) Why do I secretly think some of the word-play in Petunia The Gardeners daughter is quite clever (eg. when she plants her two lips (tulips) on me)?
Question - What is better than roses on a piano?

Answer - Tulips on an organ!

Chris

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****

Post by ekenee »

Shane, in reference to number 4 here is another one that I seem to hear when listening to it.

In "Solitaire" , The line is "and still the king of hearts is well concealed".
To me it sounds like, "and still the king of-farts is well concealed".

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

ChrisM wrote:
shanebrown wrote: 5.) Why do I secretly think some of the word-play in Petunia The Gardeners daughter is quite clever (eg. when she plants her two lips (tulips) on me)?
Question - What is better than roses on a piano?

Answer - Tulips on an organ!

Chris
What, no rim shot! :lol: On second thought, don't answer that. :lol:

Pete Dube

Post by Pete Dube »

shanebrown wrote:Well, it's one year since I joined the board (happy anniversary to me) but there are some very serious questions that I have about Elvis that have yet to be answered.

1.) Why oh why do I think that the organ part in It's Carnival Time is actually quite groovy?
Only your groovy self can answer that question.
shanebrown wrote: 2.) When producing the booklet for the German-produced CD of Today that came out in the early 90s, who exactly thought that the line "Told me not to stare cos it was impolite" was really "told me not to stagger but was up all night" in the enclosed lyric sheets?
Probably translated by a drunken German. Their beer kicks butt!
shanebrown wrote:
3.) Why was a picture chosen for the front cover of the On Stage album that made it look as if Elvis had been wearing dentures for years and had mistakenly left them out before going on stage?
I never noticed.
shanebrown wrote: 4.) Why, when listening to It's Carnival Time does it take a couple of seconds for my brain to register that Elvis sings about "popcorn, peanuts and cotton candy" and not a "popcorn penis and cotton candy". One of those classic examples of when you're singing along with a song for years and then suddenly realise that the lyrics you have been singing can't possibly be right!
:shock: I think I'll pass on answering this one.
Phew! After what you wrote in #4 I'm rather relieved that you think that particular line of Pentunia is clever!
shanebrown wrote:
6.) Why do the women in the Bordello sequence of the Comeback special scare me more than any horror film? (and I'm sure one of them is a man!)
Well, looks like we're back to something Freudian. I sure hope this isn't connected to #4!
shanebrown wrote: 7.) Will fans on the message boards ever stop asking for things to be released that don't exist? (session tapes for Speedway, GGG etc)
You know the answer to this one.
shanebrown wrote: 8.) Isn't it time we had a new Elvis In Concert thread? It's been a few days since the last one!
:smt078

Happy 1 year on the mb shane!

thefunkyangel

Post by thefunkyangel »

ChrisM wrote:Question - What is better than roses on a piano? Answer - Tulips on an organ! Chris
Better still ..
What is worse than having a dead dog on your piano?
Having an infected pussy on your organ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: