Ronnie Tutt in this months TMAHM.

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author

Ronnie Tutt in this months TMAHM.

Post by Guest »

I have just received My first copy of this Magazine and loved the interview with Ronnie Tutt.

He went back a long way with Elvis..........apparently He played on the same Bill as Him as early as 1955.

What really fascinated Me though was Ronnie said Vegas started to bore Elvis and that it took it out of Him Physically and Mentally, I always thought it was something to do with the Colonel and Contract negotiations.

When asked about the Final Gigs in 77........He said He had seen the Footage and never wants to see it again.........as He has forgotten how badly out of shape He had gotten.

Ronnie seems a really nice Guy..........has anyone here met Him?

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

Yes I took the chance to have quite a long talk with Ron a couple of years ago when Neil Diamond rehearsed for 4 days at the start of his "12 songs" tour.

He is a very nice guy and very respected by other band members.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

daz cav

Post by daz cav »

Spoke to ronnie a few times over the years, he is a great guy to talk to, as for ETMAHM, Re 1977 and cbs, looking back in hindsight its obvious the warning signals are there Now, ronn gets upset about this period and remembers elvis the way he really was!
as for many of elvis band members the "cbs" elvis was a man with problems and not the way they (tcb band ) want to remember him.
as for vegas.... 2 shows some times 3 a night WOULD take it out of you, ronnie told me how lousy dinner shows were with glasses tinkering and drinks being spilled all while they were doing a concert, hence the midnight shows being a tad better and without the steaks :lol:
Had a good half hour chat with him last may and all i can say apart from being a monster powerhouse drummer, he is a real nice friendly guy and has lots of respect for the fans and did his best to reply to all my questions, top man in my book but he did balk at the private drum lessons :lol: :lol:

Jamie

shook his hand

Post by Jamie »

Only got to shake his hand at Newcastle gig a few years ago but he will always be a hero to me. Great drummer and so much respect for our man. The way he has handled himself and the interest in him/Elvis over the years puts many to shame. I think the same could be said about the rest of the TCB band.

cheers Jamie

Gator's got me Granny.

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

Great drummer and hard working! Seems familiar ..I wonder who said that? :)

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

Ronnie is DA bomb, my drummer God.

I'd love to read this new interview.

Rich
Last edited by Rich_TCB on Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImageImage

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Rich_TCB wrote:Ronnie is DA bomb, my drummer God.

I'd love to read this new interview.

Rich

I could type it out Rich and PM it.

I only have a laptop and no scanner...........unless someone else has :D

Topic author

Re: shook his hand

Post by Guest »

Jamie wrote:Only got to shake his hand at Newcastle gig a few years ago but he will always be a hero to me. Great drummer and so much respect for our man. The way he has handled himself and the interest in him/Elvis over the years puts many to shame. I think the same could be said about the rest of the TCB band.

cheers Jamie

I live not far from Newcastle, where was He playing?

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

LittleDarlin wrote:I could type it out Rich and PM it.

I only have a laptop and no scanner...........unless someone else has :D
That's ok, 'darlin. Don't go through the trouble. But thank you for the offer !

Click on the link below for an awesome drum solo:

http://www.drummerworld.com/m3u/Rontuttsolo.m3u

Rich

ImageImageImage

splanky

Ronnie Tutt

Post by splanky »

Very nice to hear that drum solo by Ronnie. From where is it ?

I have met Ronnie quite a few times,had dinner with him and shared a drink in the bar.He is a soft-spoken,light-hearted man to talk to and he has a wonderful sense of humour.

I met him for the first time in Terre Haute,IN on July,9th 1975 and somehow got into a conversation with him .Now what I wanted to tell about is what he said to me on that first encounter. I'm a Norwegian and when I told Ronnie that he immediately shot back, " I'm a Viking too ! "

He said he was from Texas,but was of Scandinavian descent .He was not sure if his ancestors came from Norway or Sweden.Last time I met him in Oslo,Norway he still didn't know,but said he sure would like to know.

Maybe some of you good people will meet with him in the near future or maybe even doing research on Ronnie , can try to find out more about his origin and backgtound.

I for one would be happy to know - and so would obviously Mr. Tutt himself.

And by the way,I hope to meet up with him again in September this year.

Here's to your health , Ronnie !

Best always,
Splanky

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Anyone know how to contact Ron directly?

Topic author

Ronnie

Post by Guest »

To DavidTCB
If you are living in Nashville, then it should be kind of easy to get in contact with Mr. Tutt. He is living near by - just south of Nashville - in Franklin. Years ago I even had his address, but it got lost along the way...

I also met him a couple of times. Backstage at Wembley Arena in London I had a chance to interview him during the 2000 "Elvis in Concert" gigs. He was awesome.
I met him a couple of years later in Vienna. We had a talk about this and that, Elvis, Neil and life in general. It was just like talking to an old friend.
Only thing I realized - he does not really want to talk about the "bad times with Elvis". He kind of feels very uncomfortable with this. It must bother him alot to nowadays be remembered how bad at times it really was.

Anyway. Mr. Tutt is a fantastic mensch !
Keep on drumming - Ronnie - go !

splanky

Post by splanky »

Rich_TCB ,

Is it possible for you to tell us from what concert that drum solo is taken? I think it has a very distinct sound quality to it,so I keep wondering if it is released on any imports:

Best always,
Splanky

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

splanky wrote:Rich_TCB ,

Is it possible for you to tell us from what concert that drum solo is taken? I think it has a very distinct sound quality to it,so I keep wondering if it is released on any imports:
I was wondering the same thing myself. That drum solo is new to me, too. The clip is a part of Ronnie's profile on the "Drummerworld" website:

http://www.drummerworld.com/drummers/Ron_Tutt.html

Anyone else know?

Rich

ImageImageImage

Topic author

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the Link Rich.

When I was watching A Black & White Night with Roy Orbison, it blew me away to see Ronnie and the Gang perform with Him.....AWESOME AWESOME DVD.