Graceland Makes A Splash in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author

Graceland Makes A Splash in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit

Post by Guest »

Graceland Makes A Splash in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition 2/14/2007

GIRLS! GIRLS! GIRLS! Grab your beach towel, Graceland makes a splash in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.

Elvis starred with bombshells in bikinis when he filmed GIRLS! GIRLS! GIRLS! in 1962, but in 2007, his beloved Memphis mansion is one the stars of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.

The magazine and SI.com feature 20 of the world’s most beautiful supermodels posing at spectacular locations around the world as well as some of the biggest stars in the world of music, including Elvis Presley’s Memphis mansion. SI newcomer Tori Praver and favorite Oluchi Onweagba sizzled on the hot streets of Memphis and in the hallowed halls of Graceland with photographer Walter Chin.

The much anticipated stand-alone edition will reach more than 67 million adults in the U.S. alone and is the most widely-read issue of any magazine in the world. This year’s issue is the ninth orchestrated by Swimsuit Editor Diane Smith. The annual search for paradisiacal locales took the magazine to ten unique locations which all played into the issue’s music theme: Arizona, Brazil, Florida, Jamaica, Los Angeles, Louisiana, Maui, Memphis, New York and the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland.

The 2007 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Special premieres on TNT this Saturday, February 17, at 11 p.m. ET. The special, hosted by Brooklyn Decker and Will.I.Am of the Black Eyed Peas, takes an exciting behind-the-scenes look at the making of the issue with exclusive footage and model interviews.

elvispresleyfan1935

Post by elvispresleyfan1935 »

I really don't know what to think of this though :roll:! I think they are reaching new lows. :(

Train I ride, sixteen coaches long

elvissessions

Post by elvissessions »

Who can complain about this? She looks great, and she's in a dream setting. It's OK with this U.S. male.

elvispresleyfan1935

Hey, the girls look fine as wine :lol: . Not complaining about them at all. Just don't know about them doing it in Graceland is all.

Train I ride, sixteen coaches long

KiwiAlan

Post by KiwiAlan »

I see no problem whatsoever...only benefits.

Graceland is not a church or hallowed ground to sane people :D

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

elvissessions.com wrote:Who can complain about this? She looks great, and she's in a dream setting. It's OK with this U.S. male.
They can come to Joe Carland any time they want! :D

elvissessions

Post by elvissessions »

could very well have just put someone in the furry bed that's on display. I haven't seen the magazine yet, but i'll probably seek it out -- for Elvis research only :oops:

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

I'm gonna try using the "Elvis research" logic on my wife, too, elvissessions. I'm betting she doesn't buy my story, though.....

Marko

Post by Marko »

The house and car looks pretty nice.

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

chris c

Post by chris c »

I agree it's a new low. Whether or not Elvis's house is hallowed ground, it's still worthy of more respect than this. How much lower can merchandising sink? I expect opinion on this will divide along gender lines.

YDKM

Post by YDKM »

:lol: :shock: ok these photos are obviously pleasing to a male eye :shock: , but i wonder is this kinda taste correct for the Graceland Theme? i mean its sort of bordering on bit 'tacky' having these girls spread over certain cars,rooms and a bed??? , if this was at my house i'd feel it was making it look like a bordello:roll:

Bruce Jackson Born June 3rd 1949- Died January 29th 2011 Elvis's Sound Engineer from 1971-1977.
You Don't Know Me!

Thekingstillrocks

Post by Thekingstillrocks »

Well in the Elvis point of few .... hubba hubba , Elvis was a guy who liked woman a lot.
Just looked through the Elvis at 21 book . every place a different girl.

I only don't understand why they made photo's there, any other background would do just as well.

I hope for EPE sake they paid a large amount, cause this doesn't put any additional value to the models or their clothing.

But on the other hand who cares , its showbizz and , Elvis is gone these are the new rules.
Its okay with me as long as they don't sell bits and pieces of Elvis clothes in future, Imagine you can buy a piece of the hawaii jumpsuit..The idea of cutting it into pieces... :shock:

Topic author
Luuk

Post by Luuk »

elvissessions.com wrote:could very well have just put someone in the furry bed that's on display. I haven't seen the magazine yet, but i'll probably seek it out -- for Elvis research only :oops:
$5.99 (plus postage) at Amazon.com :D

minni1

Post by minni1 »

IMO, as a straight female, it isn't that bad. It's not Elvis related, but they are doing the shoot at other Memphis loccations, so I suppose including Graceland is OK. As far as being tacky and a new low, remember the celebriduck... :roll:

Riverfront Coliseum Cincinnati, Ohio, June 25, 1977

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

You can turn off those TVs in the TCB room! :smt025 :lol:

elvispresleyfan1935

JLGB wrote:You can turn off those TVs in the TCB room! :smt025 :lol:
I'll say :lol: :lol:

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

JLGB wrote:You can turn off those TVs in the TCB room! :smt025 :lol:
Funny, I hadn't even noticed that! Some lady was standing in the way.

Marko

Post by Marko »

I think there's an optical illusion. After a while you realise that there's Graceland and stuff in the background. Cool, huh ?

"I've learned very early in life, without a song, the day would never end. Without a song, a man ain't got a friend. Without a song, the road would never bend, without a song. So I'll keep on singing the song."

Topic author
thekingisalive

Post by thekingisalive »

The pictures are lovely. The only thing that irritates me is the fact that it’s not Elvis on the wall behind that chick with the guitar but some other dude. What gives? Should have been a smiling Elvis there instead.

Per

elvissessions

Post by elvissessions »

This is great exposure for Elvis. :wink:

Trust me, Elvis is getting a bounce from being seen in some pretty interesting and unusual circustances.

Pop-culture touchstones such as the swimsuit issue and American Idol are getting Elvis out in front of a lot of people -- especially young people -- who may not have thought much, if at all, about Elvis and given them some extremely positive associations.

Personally, I can't stand American Idol, but I see the value in Elvis' getting tied up with it -- and the bump in album sales after the show indicated a good effect.

Similarly, making a positive, frankly robustly sexy, connection through the Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue is only going to bring good things. Don't underestimate the Pavlovian response of adolescent boys. Hell, I'm decades past adolescence, and I think I'VE developed some new positive psychosexual associations thanks to these photos.

As far as what Elvis would think, who knows? But the idea of Elvis objecting to sexy young women in his home is pretty difficult to imagine.

TONY

SPORTS?

Post by TONY »

Pardon me for asking, but this magazine is called "Sports illustrated", right?! Well, where is the sport, or are there pictures of gnarled, ugly rugby players and cricketers somewhere inside??!!

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

thekingisalive wrote:The pictures are lovely. The only thing that irritates me is the fact that it’s not Elvis on the wall behind that chick with the guitar but some other dude. What gives?
Maybe you'll appreciate this one a bit more...

Or even this one...

Marko

Post by Marko »

thekingisalive wrote:The pictures are lovely. The only thing that irritates me is the fact that it’s not Elvis on the wall behind that chick with the guitar but some other dude. What gives? Should have been a smiling Elvis there instead.

Per
The dude is Johnny Cash. I believe the photo of the chick was taken at the Sun studios.

LesterB

Post by LesterB »

it seems so unfair that non-fans get to clamour all over the furniture and I have to stay put behind the ropes :evil:

JUST FOR TODAY