Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Could People Post Faster Please?

Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:43 pm

I'm running out of things to read, and currently have nothing to say!

Re: Could People Post Faster Please?

Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:09 pm

tupelo_boy wrote:I'm running out of things to read, and currently have nothing to say!

This should tide you over . . .

At the October 1999 Hershey meet in Pennsylvania was a maroon red 1959 Coupe de Ville with black and white interior. Documentation with the car showed Elvis's name as the purchaser, and it was one of 14 "give away" cars for charity, selling immediately for approximately $20,000 and shipped by Horseless Carriage to Tokyo. It is most unlikely that Elvis used this car himself (he was in Germany with the US Army in 1959), and in fact the seller claimed it was a gift for Elvis's bank manager.

In the July issue of "Readers Digest", the book bonus is from Alanna Nash's new book "The Colonel: The Extraordinary Story of Colonel Tom Parker and Elvis Presley". Here is a direct quote:
"British journalist Christopher Hutchins interviewed Tom Parker in 1993, four years before the wily old manager passed away. Wasn't Elvis the son the Colonel never had? Hutchins probed. "I have to be honest," Parker answered. "I never looked on him as a son. But he was the success I always wanted."

1-27-74 Vegas
Most Beautiful Girl In The World.
One line: "Did you happen to see the Most Beautiful Girl In The World" [applause and laughter]
Elvis says: "I tell you what. I'll learn that song and do it all. (pause) 'Cause Charlie Rich needs the money."

This DVD audio features 30 different Elvis Presley #1 hits, re-mixed and re-mastered in 5.1 Surround Sound from the original master tapes. Special features inlcude tracks in reverse order from Elvis 30 #1 Hits CD for optimum sound experience

: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

IF ELVIS WERE HERE TO MEET THE FECC MB FOLKS...

Elvis would say the following:

"Doc John Carpenter, here's my personal diary. Read and learn."

"Kylan...you rock."

"Carolyn, how ya doin' baby? I want you to get a beauphant hairdo."

"SheilaJ, how ya doin' baby? I want you to get a beauphant hairdo."

"Genesim...you're ok but everytime I see that kiss guy with the tongue I think of that line from Jaws: 'I want those paint-happy bastards caught and hung upside down by their buster browns.' Whatever."

"Eagle, I want you to go on tour with me. Run the conccession booth; t-shirts, posters."

"Shape, I want ya to design the cover for my next album."

"Kramer and Mike Mccoy, go back your guitars guys and let's jam."

"N880EP and (deleted - see guidelines #9), go with Joe. He's gonna take ya to the attic. You guys figure out how much that stuff is worth. Write it all down.

"Curtis...my boy, my boy."

"Jeff D...stay away from my daughter."

"Graceland Gardener, don't ever plant any seeds that Rick and Dave may give ya."

:oops: :oops: :oops: --- :oops: --------- :oops: -- :oops: --- :oops: ------ :oops: :oops: :oops:
:oops: --- --- --- :oops: --------- :oops: -- :oops: --- :oops: ------ :oops:
:oops: :oops: :oops: --- :oops: ----------:oops: -- :oops: --- :oops: --------- :oops:
:oops: --- --- --- :oops: ----------:oops: -- :oops: --- :oops: --- ------- :oops:
:oops: :oops: :oops: --- :oops: :oops: :oops: --- :oops::oops: ----- :oops: --- :oops: :oops: :oops:

Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:28 pm

If nothing else, that was very entertaining, GG! :lol:

Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:42 pm

" My boy my boy"

Elvis Would have said curtis bring me my "guitar man" son
ill sing for these people on this mb.

curtis simpkins

Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:38 pm

Thank you GG, that was fascinating.

Curtis, I think if you met Elvis, you'd revert to your old way of spelling from the shock! :shock:

Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:03 am

Tupeloboy, if Elvis met you he'd look you over and say:

"Tupeloboy, ain't you the kid who picked on me in 8th grade? Yeh, un huh. It was you. You were the bully. I made my Mama & Daddy move me away to get away from you. We went to Memphis.....thanks, Tupeloboy."

Then he buys you a Cadillac.

Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:20 am

But I play piano..... LOL (only teasing)

Man, GG, that was great!! Absolutely hillarious!