Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Loving you in widescreen on DVD?

Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:37 am

Hi, I've been looking for the Loving you DVD for quite a while now but haven't found it in widescreen. I've once read that there should be such an edition, but all I ever find is the awful 4:3 TV-format. Does anyone have it or know where to find it? (preferably in PAL Europe that is).

Wed Jul 23, 2003 1:25 pm

Yes I had that same problem.

The new remastered edition of Loving you on PAL is full screen. That was why I had to get a US edition.

Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:05 pm

Yes i have the full screen version to. I would like the widescreen version also. Although my widescreen TV makes the pic fit and it looks OK.

8)

Wed Jul 23, 2003 5:58 pm

This one is widescreen (region 1)

Product Details:

UPC: 31398823421
Original Release Date: 1957
Release Date: 2/25/2003
Source: VIDMARK / TRIMARK
Format: DVD - Wide Screen / Stereo

Production and Technical Notes:
Presentation: Wide Screen
Sound: stereo
Features: 16x9 Widescreen; Stereo; English and Spanish subtitles; Interactive menus; Scene access; NBC Stars remember Elvis: Jay Leno, Martin Sheen, Carson Daly and more!
Subtitles: English
Time: 1 Hour 42 Minutes

Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:07 pm

Thanks for that answer! I'll try to get hold of that one if it's still in print. One thing that I miss as an Elvisfan is a site with good reviews. On the elvis-collectors site there's mostly the lines from the back of the film used. It would be good to get specifications etc for more of the DVDs. ElvisNews is not a lot better I'm afraid. Anyone with the same opinion?

Maybe I'll have to do it myself... :roll:

Wed Jul 23, 2003 6:37 pm

The DVD that chantal supplied a picture of is the American region 1 DVD. It is in perfect full WIDESCREEN. I had the PAL version but this is the one to get. It is still available via Amazon.com and shows a lot on ebay.