What's the deal with Kathy Westmoreland?

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
EagleUSA
Registered for: 21 years

What's the deal with Kathy Westmoreland?

Post by EagleUSA »

Has Kathy ever participated in Elvis The Concert? I've seen the show twice and she wasn't in either time. I heard a story that she gets so upset at the notion of being up there with everyone, that it's too emotionally overwhelming and she can't go on. Any truth to that? Just wondering. Thanks!

Eagle

Pete Dube
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Pete Dube »

I thought it was simply that a satisfactory agreement couldn't be reached. After all, we're not just talking about a backing vocalist, but also Elvis' alledgedly platonic girlfriend (according to Kathy herself. If you believe that, then let me tell you about this wonderful ocean front property in Arizona that I'm looking to sell). :wink:

Dan_T

Post by Dan_T »

Oooh,Pete,I'd be interested in that property! :wink:

Graceland Gardener

Post by Graceland Gardener »

Her agent (Diane) told me 2 years ago that the reason why Kathy doesn't do the new concerts is due to money. EPE allegedly won't meet Kathy's price but they do pay James Burton the highest salary of all the original musicians since he is band leader.
She said that John Wilkinson was united with her to skip the Memphis 2000 over money, of course, John's reason for missing a Memphis show is his own business. Health-related I recall.

Lassy
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by Lassy »

Wouldn't it be nice if she were too emotional to take part? I have seen the concert several times and I often thought, at least those first few times, it must have been painful for the band members when Elvis didn't come out, I know it was painful for me and I never got to see him live!