elvis in june 1970, at his worst.

Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

KiwiAlan
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by KiwiAlan »

The reason for the difference in Elvis 1970 against 1969 is surely due to having a superb producer.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

ML4EP

Post by ML4EP »

I think John Fogerty is confusing Elvis' version of Proud Mary with Ike & Tina Turner. Neither of Elvis' versions (Feb '70 & 71-72) fit that bill. Almost everyone agrees that Feb '70 is heavily gospel influenced. I would say that MSG (best example of 71-72) is just in your face rock and roll. Horns are used, but they're not over done. Jerry Scheff best described it as "punk lounge music." Tom Jones and Englebert Humperdink are perfect examples of too Vegasy in song arrangement and performance. I have seen them both in concert several times and some of their stuff is definitely overblown. I love John Fogerty's music...especially CCR. But his version of Proud Mary is soft soap (it's too slow and almost folkish) compared to either of Elvis'. I much prefer Run Through The Jungle, Bad Moon Rising, Traveling Band, Heard It Through The Grapevine, etc, etc. Elvis and band just stomp the sh*t out of Proud Mary.

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

ML4EP wrote:Elvis and band just stomp the sh*t out of Proud Mary.
Well put my friend... well put! 8)

Joe Car

Post by Joe Car »

elvis-fan wrote:
ML4EP wrote:Elvis and band just stomp the sh*t out of Proud Mary.
Well put my friend... well put! 8)
You gotta love it, well said indeed! :)