Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

'68 comeback box set: your idea???

Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:24 pm

i wonder which tracklisting you'd chose...
i also wonder how they will fit all the material already known:
2 stand up shows
2 sit down shows
2 rehearsals
the studio recordings
this box set will be a winner..!!!!!!!! i always though that the comeback diserved a box set...it's a very special and unique moment in rock n roll history.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:42 pm

so...nobody has an idea of what bmg will include on the comeback box set????

Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:52 pm

I thought a DVD is in the making. If you are hoping for a CD box set BMG most likely will give you:

a) Tiger Man
b) Memories
c) Burbank Sessions
d) Original "Elvis"
e) 48 page 4 colour Booklet with rare Pics
f) An Essay by Escot

is that enoughg ?

My vote: double DVD sets!

Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:12 pm

I would really hope that all available Aloha and Burbank material will ultimately be made available on double DVD sets each, which should include all available video footage and remastered sound.

In my opinion there's really no point in re-releasing the material on CD box sets after that - it's available for one thing, and the pricepoints of boxed sets have become quite prohibitive compared to DVD...
-wolf

Tue Jul 22, 2003 9:49 pm

ale -

There is so much stuff available from this show on CD, I would only really be tempted by something previously unreleased.

That or a significant improvement in audio quality [don't hold your breath].

As for DVD, well we've been promised the definitive version from EPE.

Although I've noticed a subtle change in the wording on their site.

Where they used to say they would issue 'all usable footage', they now say 'both sit-down & stand-up shows plus the original version'.

That still leaves a lot of outtakes from the production numbers unaccounted for.

Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:42 pm

One of my best era's. I will have one!

Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:54 pm

Well I am glad you noticed the words too Colin....why cant they announce what they are going to give us and then stick to it ....but this aint no real big surprise to me.
How many times must a Disc be released before they give us something "new" ? The answer my friend is just bowin hot air ....
but I am still hoping :!:

Wed Jul 23, 2003 4:19 pm

A special boxset would have to be an $80 cardboard container to hold all the previously-released CDs of the '68 TV show!

There would have been a market for an official multiple-disc boxset had BMG not already released all the stuff on a variety of individual "68 Comeback" product over the past decade.

a) Tiger Man
b) Memories
c) Burbank Sessions
d) Original "Elvis"

So take these cds you already own and put them in a shoebox with a lid and ~voila~ there's your "68 Comeback" boxset.

8)