Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Scotty Moore Solos

Tue Jul 22, 2003 2:35 pm

Does anyone know the last guitar solo that Scotty Moore ever played on an Elvis track ? I know that sometime in the early 60`s, Scotty took more of a back seat as far as lead work was concerned, and often stuck to rhythm playing.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:38 pm

Hi Ez -
The last solos he played for Elvis would be That's All Right and Heartbreak Hotel from the 68 sit-down shows. As far as recording sessions go I haven't a clue. Franfort Special certainly sounds like Scotty - the rhythm riff is a cop from Mystery Train. Dirty, Dirty Feelin' could also be Scotty. I can't think of any others.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:15 pm

:lol: For what it's worth........Scotty Moore has an excellent solo CD out titled "The Guitar That Changed the World." (Epic 480966 2). So does James Burton "The Guitar Sounds of James Burton." (A&M 540 553-2) :lol:

Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:25 pm

Yes i have had both those albums for many years, and very good albums they are too.

Hi Pete.........i`m not too sure about "Dirty Dirty Feeling", but i agree "Frankfourt Special" sounds like Scotty, and of course, "Blue Suede Shoes" from the GI Blues sesions must be Scotty.

I think i`m right in saying that Scotty was the musicians leader on all the 60`s sessions he was involved with. But i wonder if ever he felt embarrassed playing second fiddle guitar wise, after playing lead on so many of the 50`s classics. Has he ever been asked this ?

Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:07 pm

There was also another member of The TCB Band that has a CD. It is Jerry Scheff's "Fire Down Below." As far as I know, none of the other TBC band members have released CDs. (Ronnie Tutt, John Wilkinson, Glen D. Hardin, or other occasional members - Hal Blaine, Joe Osborne, Marty Harrell, or Pat Houson).