Post by jess wade »

is this the second pressing of american crown jewels ? :roll:

Item number: 130057273476

thanks
jess

Topic author
Dan_T

Post by Dan_T »

My Disc,which I bought on release,is White with Blue lettering.

Topic author
jess wade

Post by jess wade »

Dan thats the same has mine thats why im asking must be a second pressing :roll:

jess

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Jess,

I have not seen this blue disc edition!!! Looks like a factory pressed disk but can't say for sure!!

I have a "second pressing" but the disc is almost identical. The artwork is only a 2 page booklet rather than an 8 page booklet.

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff

american crown

Post by Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff »

... the first and second pressing were only weeks apart.

They however, both contained the same artwork.

Red, are you sure the cd came with 8 pages booklet, like in

Finding The Way Home? If thats the case, copies with

only 4 pages artwork are a boot of the boot.

Cant locate my Crown copy, anybody out there can shine

a light on the possible variations reg. the number of pages?

Topic author
jess wade

Post by jess wade »

Ger

thats the problem these days there are boot cds being booted. But is this a original bilko cd or just re booted :roll:

American Crown Jewels Bilko 1800 in new condition. A 8 page booklet is included EBAY ITEM NUM 130057273476

Thanks jess

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff

american crown

Post by Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff »

... white label, blue lettering is the 2nd pressing.

the first came with brown lettering, so Ive been told.

... must be the real thing, having the 'complete ' booklet included.

BigredG
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Here is the picture from ebay:

Never seen it before.

My "Second pressing" is white with Blue writing - matrix BILKO 1800

It's only actually a 2 page booklet because the inside is just plain!!

The 1st pressing has a nice booklet with descriptions of each of the outtakes etc.

Maybe mine is boot of a boot. Lots of that has gone on and is going on!!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

BIGREDG wrote:Maybe mine is boot of a boot. Lots of that has gone on and is going on!!
Yeah, I've been wondering about that. My copy of "Let Me Take You Home" (digipak) has kind of fuzzy pictures, yet I've seen reviews of this CD where people praise the crystal clear picture quality. And how come some of the DAE releases are so easy to find? They must have been bootlegged a hundred times.

The good thing is that everyone still can find these legendary soundboards!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
BIGREDG wrote:Maybe mine is boot of a boot. Lots of that has gone on and is going on!!
Yeah, I've been wondering about that. My copy of "Let Me Take You Home" (digipak) has kind of fuzzy pictures, yet I've seen reviews of this CD where people praise the crystal clear picture quality. And how come some of the DAE releases are so easy to find? They must have been bootlegged a hundred times.

The good thing is that everyone still can find these legendary soundboards!

Keith Richards, Jr.
100% correct - there are second pressings of all the DAEs with inferior picture quality on the digipaks. And they did not even try to replicate the doublw digipak!! I don't know, but it must have been another company reproducing them. They are still around in quantity on ebay. The first pressing is of course more of a rarity.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

BIGREDG wrote:100% correct - there are second pressings of all the DAEs with inferior picture quality on the digipaks. And they did not even try to replicate the doublw digipak!! I don't know, but it must have been another company reproducing them. They are still around in quantity on ebay. The first pressing is of course more of a rarity.
Thanks for clearing that up. At least I have first pressings of "Holding Back The Years" and "Old Times They Are Not Forgotten". Probably the best soundboards of all time! Well, I wouldn't say the best, but they are my favourites, "One Night Only" included.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

Topic author
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I wondered about the DAEs for years as I bought them all through the UK Official Fanclub when they were released. Let Me Take You Home was like the FTD digipacks are rather than the other DAEs I had which were double gatefold. The disc itself was obviously a reproduction as rather than the lettering being silver ie the CD base surface through the screen print, they were dull letters as if an original had been scanned. Luckily I managed to pick up an original Let Me Take You Home about 3 years ago.

BigredG

Post by BigredG »

Matthew wrote:I wondered about the DAEs for years as I bought them all through the UK Official Fanclub when they were released. Let Me Take You Home was like the FTD digipacks are rather than the other DAEs I had which were double gatefold. The disc itself was obviously a reproduction as rather than the lettering being silver ie the CD base surface through the screen print, they were dull letters as if an original had been scanned. Luckily I managed to pick up an original Let Me Take You Home about 3 years ago.
Matthew,

Hmm, that is interesting. I have not seen DAEs with single gatefold digipaks!!

Learn something new everyday here!! :)

elvis-fan

Post by elvis-fan »

It's funny how people often overlook My It's Been A Long, Long Time when speaking about the best soundboards released to date (best in terms of SQ). The shows not bad either for 1976. To my ears, this one is as good as or beats Holding Back and Old Times.

Topic author

Post by Guest »

'My It's Been A Long, Long Time' is indeed the best sounding sounboard to date - sound is rich, warm and well balanced. With relexed Elvis performance (his voice was not so weak like it will be in months to come) and Sweet Inspiration's intro, this is one of the few very enjoyable shows of 1976 (not counting the winter tour :wink: )[/quote]