Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

No new song after all?

Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:32 am

According to ElvisNews.com there is no new song after all. According to Ernst, it was misinterpreted and he was meaning it is his job to find new stuff in general... sounds very fishy indeed but not too unusual in the Elvis World. lol

Tue Jul 22, 2003 11:32 am

Weird. I don't know what to believe. He said that the he found a completely new, studio-recorded song last summer. How could that be misinterpreted?

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:00 pm

Keith -

He probably meant it was 'new' when he found it !

But we now know about it ! [Roustabout ?]

Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:19 pm

Colin B:

Yeah, I think you're right. But... ah, I don't know. Ernst's answers are usually very vague, so you can interpret them any way you want, really.

In an ideal world, Ernst would step forward and tell us the name of the song (if he has found any song at all, that is...) and also tell us if he DID find a new source of the 1961 concert.

But of course, I know the reasons for this and I also think it's the right thing to do.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:06 pm

This is BS by Ernst! :x He said they have found a completely new, never heard before studio recorded song by Elvis.

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:33 pm

MB280E -

Yeah, well as I said, he was perhaps giving an example of what can happen; like just last year, he found a completely new, studio-recorded song.

It isn't 'news' anymore, because they have since announced the title.

I reckon he meant 'Roustabout'.

Time will tell.

Certainly there are some 'goodies' in the pipeline; perhaps the 3rd acetate, perhaps another 'Sun' tape has turned up.

Roll on 2004 !

Tue Jul 22, 2003 8:45 pm

Since it was on TV and presumably recorded, can some Sweedish Sherlock Holmes who is on Absolut(ly) nothing care to quote Ernst EXACTLY and give us a translation please.
Unless ofcourse his remark was spread over the 12 hours of the program in which case I want Absolut(ly) nothing ! :wink:

Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:52 pm

I just hope if they do find a song, they will do it ANthology style. Updated and sounding good. THen a lead off Video to boot!!

Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:51 am

Doesn't the Doc know what the song is? I thought. :?

8)