Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Somebody help me decide...TT&F, Close Up or Cafe Europa

Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:25 am

Im cataloguing and soon be making session cds. should i go with the great sound of TT&F and Close Up GI Blues tracks or use the Cafe Europa source? Is the "When Irish Eyes Are Smiling" bit on any of the Cafe Europa cds? its not on the GI Blues take thats on TT&F. so help me decide!!

Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:42 am

Ok, I did find the Irish Eyes bit, just had to back up a track on Cafe Europa. lol oh well, guess ill just use the Cafe Europa cds since they seem to be complete. All im doing is sacrificing the good sound.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:51 am

I haven't listened to my Cafe Europa sessions for quite a while now, but what's wrong with it's sound? From memory I thought it was excellent sound. :?

:D

Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:04 am

oh it is Sam but compared to the two BMG boxes, to my ears anyway the sound isnt as supurb as the stereo mixes of the BMG sets.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 6:07 am

Oh OK, I haven't checked them against each other. Good luck with making your sessions. I'll be starting to do something like that soon.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:28 pm

Sam, get ready to lose some hair making your session cdr's, when I started I had a fringe.....now I'm bald as a badger :shock: ....no offense to any badgers reading these posts :shock:

Tue Jul 22, 2003 1:35 pm

Ray wrote:Sam, get ready to lose some hair making your session cdr's, when I started I had a fringe.....now I'm bald as a badger :shock: ....no offense to any badgers reading these posts :shock:

Maybe i won't rush in, I'm kinda attached to my hair. :lol:

Tue Jul 22, 2003 3:56 pm

The sound on 'The Cafe Europa' set was good in its day.

All in nice stereo, and virtually complete.

It's just that what we are getting from BMG is improving all the time !

On 'Close Up' we hear 50's stuff better than ever before !

Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:03 pm

Kylan - why not use all three.

My technique is to use the best available source.

It does give a patchy result from track to track but you have the comfort of knowing that you have the best source. And the differences can be kept to a mininum with judicious use of audio editing tools.

When a better source shows up I patch it into exixting lineup.