Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
samses
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

charro, live a little, tickle me on DVD

Post by samses »

Today I read on another site that these movies are to be released in the near future on DVD. I have not heard this before. Does anyone know. Are there any dates?

ChrisM

Post by ChrisM »

I assume that you are referring to the ‘Hollywood Classics’ discs. They are essentially pirate copies of old VHS releases or TV broadcasts.

Chris

jess wade

Post by jess wade »

if true its about time these were out on dvd and i think it strange that these days there are loads of dvds out with deleted scenes etc and yet all elvis dvds are just basic with no extras :( it would be good to get the ultimate elvis on tour / thats the way it is and special editions of all his movies but some how i think that may never happen :cry:

jess

Post by Guest »

Hey there, I just bought "Tickle me", hollywood Classics, and I must say that the picture quality is not that good, but the sound is ok.

Tom in North Carolina

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

Beware of these releases at all costs. The picture and sound quality is well below par and you will just be wasting your money.

Tom

bajo

Post by bajo »

I can only confirm that The Hollywood Classics are at the best good VHS quality copies. The sound is "ok", though my copy of Charro has distortions in the sound that somehow ruins the song, Charro.

"If you love me let me know, if you don't, ....move it!"

changeofhabit
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by changeofhabit »

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Beware of these releases at all costs. The picture and sound quality is well below par and you will just be wasting your money.

Tom
Better than nothing. While MGM doesn't do anything, somebody does something.

Tom in North Carolina

changeofhabit wrote:While MGM doesn't do anything, somebody does something.
Yeah, puts out an obvious inferior product while ripping off the fans and the film studios.

Tom

changeofhabit

Post by changeofhabit »

Without Hollywood Classics' release I wouldn't have seen Tickle Me yet.
My Charro! DVD is released by ELAP, very awful quality but legal :?

elvislennon
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by elvislennon »

Why don't you but the Region 1 of Charro. It is hard to find but it is good to have when you find it. It is great quality but it is not in widescreen.

TONY

TICKLE ME

Post by TONY »

I'm in the UK; does anyone know where to buy "Tickle me" DVD? Or I could use a copy!

James77
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by James77 »

At first, I thought this was going to be news about another Triple Feature dvd. I wonder if that would be a viable option for Warner? (To release two more Triple Features, as opposed to six individual discs.)

Tom in North Carolina

James77 wrote:At first, I thought this was going to be news about another Triple Feature dvd. I wonder if that would be a viable option for Warner? (To release two more Triple Features, as opposed to six individual discs.)
It's being discussed but as sales of the first one (Harum Scarum/Speedway/Trouble with Girls...) have been abysmal, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Tom

James77
Registered for: 20 years 5 months

Post by James77 »

Tom in North Carolina wrote:It's being discussed but as sales of the first one (Harum Scarum/Speedway/Trouble with Girls...) have been abysmal, I don't see it happening anytime soon.
I just picked up the Lethal Weapon triple pack last week. Will this help the cause at all? :lol:

changeofhabit

Post by changeofhabit »

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
James77 wrote:At first, I thought this was going to be news about another Triple Feature dvd. I wonder if that would be a viable option for Warner? (To release two more Triple Features, as opposed to six individual discs.)
It's being discussed but as sales of the first one (Harum Scarum/Speedway/Trouble with Girls...) have been abysmal, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Tom
That box had only one good movie so no wonder why it didn't sell good. And without nothing extras there is no reason to buy it. 8)