Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Alt. scenes in theatrical trailers on DVD

Mon Jul 21, 2003 6:23 pm

I don't know whether this has been discussed before or whether it's "important" and/or what if means if yes ... I just saw Blue Hawaii yesterday and I noticed an alt. version of a scene in the theatrical trailer. At the beginning when Chad returns and they fool around on the beach and he gives her the bikini, she turns it on and says something like "Thanks for thinking of me". Elvis says: "I wasn't thinking of you, I was thinking of me!" Now, in the movie he's drying his face with a towel in this scene. In the trailer version he doesn't. The camera position is also different from the movie version. In the movie it's a close-up, in the trailer version it's a long shot.

Also, in Jailhouse Rock there's a scene to be scene in the trailer that isn't in the movie. After (or before?) being whipped Vince attacks a guard. This can't be seen in the movie version. Also the trailer of "Girls! Girls! Girls" is different from the movie version as it features a song that hasn't been included in the movie, I don't know the title right now.

Anybody else made little observations like this?

Mon Jul 21, 2003 9:42 pm

The title of the song in the trailer for Girls, Girls, Girls is "I Don't Want to".

Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:40 pm

see-see-rider -

In 'Jailhouse Rock' when Elvis jumps down from the stage of the Florita Club after singing 'Young & Beautiful'.

He smashes his guitar on a table and walks out.

In the trailer a different take of this appears.

Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:45 pm

Are there any videos where the trailer with "I Don't Want To" is shown?

Tue Jul 22, 2003 12:04 am

I have a trailer where Elvis sitting with guitar sings a few bars of Lonely Man.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:07 am

another scene cut from jailhouse rock is before the whipping.
the guards take vince to the warden to tell him what he has done.
on some copies of jailhouse rock video you can hear the warden say beat him but the scene is not there how strange is that sound but no scene?

Tue Jul 22, 2003 5:55 am

A great source of Movie trailors is on the DVD Elvis The King In Hollywood-Remastered To AC-3 Dolby Digital For Surround Soun(yeah RIGHT!!!)

Alternate Scenes are very often present in movie trailers and that is why I like them. Just watched Serpico and there is a slightly alternate scene.

I have to admit, I don't remember all the movies shot for shot. Still there seems to be about 10 movie trailers on the Elvis DVD. Not bad for getting this Disc for like 5 bucks at walgreens.

Wed Jul 23, 2003 10:35 pm

Also "Loving You" trailer where El' says "You don't care about Tex or anyone but yourself" this line is a completely different take to the movie.

It's a shame they have not put the trailer on, with the DVD....also with the 4 new paramount movies that have just been released on DVD.

KEEP ON ROCKIN'