Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Mon Jul 21, 2003 8:17 am

VH1 will never have any poll where a performer associated with the 50s finishes #1. They desperately covet the generation X and Y audience and want someone to be #1 that those audiences are familiar with.

Mon Jul 21, 2003 10:47 pm

This is ridiculous. The more companies like VH1 and Time magazine put out "top lists", the more it becomes clear that they have an anti-Elvis agenda. I havent had complaints about people before, but...you get the idea.

Tue Jul 22, 2003 10:32 pm

Tom Cruise? Tom Cruise? Are they JOKING??? And Superman? I mean, c'mon...I enjoy the man of steel as much as the next adolescent-minded 36 year old...but he's a friggin' CARTOON for God's sake!!!!

Oprah? Now that takes the cake. What can be said? THE OPRAH has won. Oh yeah, by the way, let's run that poll again in 100 years. I will wager with everyone...$100 USD apiece... that in 2103 NO ONE will know who the hell you're talking about when you say the word, Oprah. Have your grandchildren make a check payable to my grandchildren. Oprah...lol... Isn't that a southern dish? You batter it and fry it, right? Yeah...Oprah...gimme a break.

Is Oprah the best selling artist of all time? Is Oprah known the world over by image or name alone? Can you put up a poster of Oprah in Mozambique and ask the locals "who is that" and get a correct answer? Does THE OPRAH have her own friggin postage stamp? (Yeah, I know she isn't dead yet...but she won't have one then, either!!!!)

Elvis rules. This laughable poll will soon be forgotten for the ridiculous Oprah/VH1 PR piece that it is and then we can move on and the truth will prevail. Elvis rules.

Wed Jul 23, 2003 3:55 am

EagleUSA wrote:Oprah? Now that takes the cake.

Were you referring to her figure?

Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:45 pm

Ithink next year should be a special year for Elvis. JUly 2004. 50 years exactly and then an acheivment award.