Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:51 am

JLGB wrote:http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=66392F1D79BC4241 ...I do not know if this has been out already. Anyway original hiss and pops! :)

Thanks for that!

Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:05 am

Your welcome!

Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:42 pm

nice to have this demo; I missed the download from 15 nov. 2006;
is no longer available because it expired.
JLGB is it possible to place it again on "yousend it " ?

colonel snow

Thu Nov 23, 2006 5:10 pm

colonel snow wrote:
colonel snow
Keith F. uploaded same 2 titles so you can get it there. Anyway let me know...

Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:23 pm

keith f has removed his audio section from his site

colonel snow

Thu Nov 23, 2006 7:43 pm

I will PM you later...but keith posted demos right here on this site..

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:08 am

Thanks for the demo ...It's so weird to hear them.... :? :oops: :shock: :D

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:28 am

Surprise :oops: on a couple of tunes not much creative effort for Elvis just straight singing and copying the demo to the T... but in all fairness... the demo maker :lol: was copying Elvis' style making it easier for him to get through what now to me seems... Elvis' impatience to the discipline of recording...

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:32 am

I think "Eileen" (occasional FECC visitor) made a similiar point once. It's a bizarre if convenient scenario. The demo "artist" immitates how he thinks Elvis would sing it and then Elvis would imitate (in some cases?) the imitation.... :shock: :roll:

Ultimately, it doesn't do Elvis' artistic legacy much (although I think it's not "gold" until Elvis executes it!) as some would use this to further discredit him. As it is, so much of his '60s work is already accused of being "phoned in."

Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:37 am

Never thought I would say to you that you are being a little harsh in that period. Also Elvis was not going to do the songs different for differents sake. He imo thought he could not improve the way the demo was done. So he was not shy to copy a good thing!

Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:30 am

I'm speaking as a huge Elvis fan but c'mon, you know it doesn't look good that he was in some cases, in essence, aping an Elvis impersonator.

When I think of Elvis nailing a beautiful '60s ballad, it just seems more organic if he's creating, like a true artist the sound he makes from scratch, albeit with influences and some practice. We'll keep this our little in-house secret. :wink: :lol:

It's probably quite common for the era, but as it is, Elvis takes his lumps for not writing his songs (a '60s conceit of singer-songwriter types)...

His version still was the only one that was his.

Re: Songwriter Demos on "Elvis World Japan"

Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:17 pm

Would someone please re-upload the demo of Make Me Know It by Otis Blackwell?

I have sent Juan Luis a personal message, but later found out his last visit was in august... So I'm not sure if he will read it.

Thank you in advance.

P.S.: I appologize for 'bumping' a six year old topic! :oops:

Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:57 am

Will this do?

phpBB [video]

Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:12 am

So that is the guy that influenced Elvis' moves :wink: