Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Songwriter Demos on "Elvis World Japan"

Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:31 pm

For those that are interested, "Elvis World Japan" has demos by Gerald Nelson of "If I Were You," "Sing You Children," "The Love Machine" and "Yoga Is, As Yoga Does." Interestingly, some of the lyrics are different than used by Elvis.

Go to http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~presley/index1.htm and click on "NEWS" and scroll down.

Mystery Train

Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:23 pm

:lol: :lol:

Thanks Mystery Train.......I shall be singing that bloody song all night now :D

Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:30 am

If I see interest in Otis Blackwell demo Make Me Know It ( lol by posting here..... and I will gladly upload plus FIA....
Last edited by Juan Luis on Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:31 am

Post away, JLGB!

Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:04 am

pleeeeease, - anything but Yoga Is As Yoga Does!

Any Otis Blackwell demos well appreciated.

Cheers
Piers

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:50 pm

http://download.yousendit.com/F7C2CF890DAABE36 .......thanks p 8) .

Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:56 pm

:smt020 :smt034 :smt035

Thanks but Elvis did it better :wink:

Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:34 pm

JLGB wrote:http://download.yousendit.com/F7C2CF890DAABE36 .......thanks p 8) .

Thanks JLGB - interesting comparison!!!

Launch straight into The Elvis version and that is what I believe the new FTD should have been about!!

The concept would be similar to the 5 Sun Cds that came out last year in Holland, with the original artist version immediately after the Elvis versions!!

Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:02 pm

Not intererested. I'll skip this "book" project. Too expensive and just one CD with the real Elvis...all though I find the first CD with the Elvis Live recordings very interesting and Ernst knows that many fans will buy this project for just that one CD....clever...

Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:07 pm

Not too shabby for a demo. Arrangement pretty closely followed imo...thanks to Mystery Train for this (on my part) unintentional semi-hijack! :? :) thought this might be a good place to post this...

Re: Songwriter Demos on "Elvis World Japan"

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:13 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:For those that are interested, "Elvis World Japan" has demos by Gerald Nelson of "If I Were You," "Sing You Children," "The Love Machine" and "Yoga Is, As Yoga Does." Interestingly, some of the lyrics are different than used by Elvis.

Go to http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~presley/index1.htm and click on "NEWS" and scroll down.

Mystery Train

Mystery Train,

Thanks for posting the link. Those demos are an interesting listen.

Yoga Is works better as a duet at the beginning. Interesteing alternate lyrics!!

Perhaps we will get lucky and there is an extended version in the can!!! What a dream come true that would be!! :lol:

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:19 pm

If I Were You all of a sudden is a GREAT song in that bunch!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:51 pm

Great stuff! Thank you very much ....

Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:54 pm

JLGB wrote:If I Were You all of a sudden is a GREAT song in that bunch!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

A true Rose Among Thorns :lol:

I like the Elvis version on Nashville Marathon, but find the lyrics to this song a bit weird!!

Fun In Acapulco vocal PJ Proby (as labeled)..eq/nr by moi

Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:40 pm

http://download.yousendit.com/97BF28E0344EC1F4 Thanks d :)

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:20 am

Ton Bruins wrote:Not intererested. I'll skip this "book" project. Too expensive and just one CD with the real Elvis...all though I find the first CD with the Elvis Live recordings very interesting and Ernst knows that many fans will buy this project for just that one CD....clever...

What's with this attitude? I don't get it. All but the hard-core fans purchase every Elvis project, and at least most of us pick and choose. It's clearly an ambitious project and it's not like there's many more angles to explore.

For instance, the "real" Elvis, as this project surely helps point out, did not just pop out of the air, but was influenced my many sources, in some cases quite directly from demos! Are we putting our heads in the sand about this? And to his credit, he also added a lot of genius to demos that only hinted at the direction he would eventually pursue.

It all works out in the end. This release is meant for serious Elvis fans who want to know that much more about his music. If you're put off by the price, you're not alone. I will also probably wait a bit to get this one.

But the project doesn't deserve this armchair negativity.

Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:07 am

PiersEIN wrote:Any Otis Blackwell demos well appreciated.
Did you find interesting? Thanks to the few responses...makes me wonder if it is worth going through the trouble of posting. But no way of knowing unless you write... So I will think twice before I upload stuff cause I do not want to waste any bandwith...btw thanks again for otherwise great thread!

Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:49 am

Very funny to hear that (finally), JLGB!

It's remarkable how close to the demo Elvis stayed. Not entirely a good thing in terms of the idea of the "artist" at work. It's one more blow someone hostile could use against him.

I couldn't respond earlier because I was on a computer without speakers.

We all appreciate when you post such things on FECC!

Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:58 am

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:Very funny to hear that (finally), JLGB!

It's remarkable how close to the demo Elvis stayed. Not entirely a good thing in terms of the idea of the "artist" at work. It's one more blow someone hostile could use against him.

I couldn't respond earlier because I was on a computer without speakers.

We all appreciate when you post such things on FECC!
You are ok Greg!!! :) and thanks to PD for lending tapes moons ago..when the oxide was fresher! :) :wink: ..

Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:54 am

Keep 'em coming, guys (to quote someone here with more hair than me :P )

Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:24 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:
Ton Bruins wrote:Not intererested. I'll skip this "book" project. Too expensive and just one CD with the real Elvis...all though I find the first CD with the Elvis Live recordings very interesting and Ernst knows that many fans will buy this project for just that one CD....clever...

What's with this attitude? I don't get it. All but the hard-core fans purchase every Elvis project, and at least most of us pick and choose. It's clearly an ambitious project and it's not like there's many more angles to explore.

For instance, the "real" Elvis, as this project surely helps point out, did not just pop out of the air, but was influenced my many sources, in some cases quite directly from demos! Are we putting our heads in the sand about this? And to his credit, he also added a lot of genius to demos that only hinted at the direction he would eventually pursue.

It all works out in the end. This release is meant for serious Elvis fans who want to know that much more about his music. If you're put off by the price, you're not alone. I will also probably wait a bit to get this one.

But the project doesn't deserve this armchair negativity.

Well I guess I am not a serious Elvis fan then... :lol: And it's not negativity, this is a forum my friend and I am entitled to give my opinion.....I don't like those expensive book projects, period.

Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:19 am

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion..... :lol:

I've been poor before and probably remain so, but I try to stay in the loop as much as can.

I don't begrudge those who will shell out right off the bat for say,WRITING FORTHE KING, or the newest import upgrade. It smacks of sour grapes otherwise.

The alternative is an Elvis world where we only look backward.

Thank goodness fans and those in positions to do so still endeavor to improve Elvis' music or sound, to publish rare or unpublished photos, etc.

The alternative is just packing it in and saying "it's been a great hobby," and "rest in peace, Elvis."
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:43 pm

PiersEIN wrote:

JLGB - Did you find interesting? Thanks to the few responses...makes me wonder if it is worth going through the trouble of posting. But no way of knowing unless you write... So I will think twice before I upload stuff cause I do not want to waste any bandwith...btw thanks again for otherwise great thread!

APOLOGIES JLGB, i have been missing a few threads of late because of too much work.
THANKS for the Demo.
Very enjoyable.

Shows that Elvis put a special edge & energy into his version,

Cheers
Piers

Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 am

PiersEIN wrote:
PiersEIN wrote:

JLGB - Did you find interesting? Thanks to the few responses...makes me wonder if it is worth going through the trouble of posting. But no way of knowing unless you write... So I will think twice before I upload stuff cause I do not want to waste any bandwith...btw thanks again for otherwise great thread!

APOLOGIES JLGB, i have been missing a few threads of late because of too much work.
THANKS for the Demo.
Very enjoyable.

Shows that Elvis put a special edge & energy into his version,

Cheers
Piers
Thanks for writting!!! :)

Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:30 am

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 1D79BC4241 ...I do not know if this has been out already. Anyway original hiss and pops! :)