M&M, Tom Jones, The Stampeders, Supertramp
Bowie, A few Blues Artist's, Tommy James,
Billy Idol, Dean Martin, The Guess Who,
A little Chuck Berry, Some Little Richard
Johnny Cash, Joe Cocker, The Hollies and
many, many more.....

An yet, if I may the odd time go to
some of these other websites of other
stars, I end up not posting anything.....
nor sign up really for any of the other sites
as a member...

Anyway when you post here is Elvis
tops for You? :D

Maybe I'm playing with fire asking this
question, :smt074 but I know I wouldn't mind
if he's not considered your Number One
Entertainer...

Because if he's not who
would be first for You?

An then again if Elvis is Number one for You
who is second, or third?

PEP 8)
Last edited by PEP on Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:04 am, edited 4 times in total.

ritchie valens
Banned for Political Trolling
Banned for Political Trolling
Registered for: 19 years

Post by ritchie valens »

elvis is defently my no 1 favorite male singer.
my no 1 female singer is brenda lee.

Renan
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

Post by Renan »

Yes! #1

"Ain't it funny how time slips away...."

Elvis' Babe
Registered for: 20 years
Mood:

Post by Elvis' Babe »

#1 by a long shot. i'm 19 btw.

jerry lee is my next favorite, and frankly, my collection/listening of him is downright minute in comparison.

i mean, my elvis obsession is so famous that when there are two ambers, i'm actually referred to by my friends as being the "elvis amber".

i keep sane, however, by switching off between elvis and buffy the vampire slayer / angel: the series.

you know...in other words, if i get tired of listening/discussing (and a nice big dose of drooling over) this guy:
actually, this is possibly my favorite picture of elvis...

i go drool over this guy for awhile, or concurrently:

ok...i do more than drool (contrary to some people's opinions). i also argue minutia on messageboards ad nauseum about bizarre yet engrossing plots, vampire/demon/other physiology, discussions of gray area morality, and character developement. i'm sane. :roll: kinda. :lol: not really.

but yeah, come to think of it, with the exception of elvis i tend to "fandom" more in the movie/tv world. i listen to oldies and classical too--actually i love mozart, but meh... i'm an escapist at heart. nothing excites me more than some nice elvis concert footage/a new .mp3...

or god forbid, some long-winded mundane jossverse topic like my current 'are angel/liam and angelus separate beings or is liam's soul only his conscience, thus making angel guilty of angelus' actions?'. :lol: oh, and then there's the lovely 'shipper wars.

i live for this stuff.

but yeah, i do have to swap between the two. it's how i can keep both fandoms interesting for a long time. when you leave one for awhile, it suddenly becomes fresh, sparkly and new again...

"Thank you very much. Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the big, freaky International Hotel. Those little weirdo dolls on the walls. And those little funky angels on the ceiling. Uh, this is my first live appearance in 9 years. H-uhh! Thank you. I've appeared dead a few times, but this is my first live appearance. Before the evening is up, I will have made a complete and total fool of myself, and I hope you get a kick out of watching it." --EP

Rob

Post by Rob »

Elvis is definitely at the top of my list.

Others that follow come from the country side of the tracks.

Twitty, Jones, Haggard, Bare, Jennings....you get the picture.

GIRL HAPPY BOY
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Post by GIRL HAPPY BOY »

Hello PEP and good morning to you & to all the friends here :D
now it's 10:38 AM in Israel :wink:
YES , ELVIS is my NUMBER 1 since the first day i heard him
As you know, im 29 ( will be 30 in december) and i became a fan since i was 8 years old, Elvis got the "magic something"as i called it, : great charisma, beauty of a king, heavenly voice & such a human being, loving & carying for his fans, people and animals :)
I have about 700 LP & EP & '45 of ELVIS
second right after Elvis theres an english group from the '60:
THE SHADOWS , they were the backup group of the singer: CLIFF RICHARD (my 3th :wink: ) from 1958-1969, they are so great! their lead guitar man: HANK MARVIN is my idol in the guitar players, lucky me i saw them in their last tour :cry: in England in 2004 i got their autographs :lol:
All my record collection and love for the music are from the '50-'60 !
others that i like & hear:
BILL HALEY , LITTLE RICHARD , BOBBY VINTON , ROY ORBISON , CONNIE FRANCIS , BRENDA LEE, THE PLATTERS, SWINGING BLUE JEANS, HOLLIES, HERMANS HERMITES, VENTURES, CHUBBY CHECKER, DEAN MARTIN, PERRY COMO, SANTO & JOHNNY, BEATLES, RAY CONNIFF, some blues artists and some country artists
As you see are all from the good ol' '50-'60 :D
P.S.
I'm also a singer of that music, i have a tribute group for : THE SHADOWS,ELVIS and CLIFF RICHARD
Take care PEP and everyone
sincerely
LIOR

philobeddo
Registered for: 21 years

Post by philobeddo »

After more then 30 years NO ONE ever impressed me more like Elvis.

But besides Elvis I love Country music a lot. I have multiple cd's of: Merle Haggard, George Strait (all of them). Alan Jackson (all of them), Travis Tritt, Tim McGraw, Vince Gill, Clint Black, Garth Brooks, Brooks & Dunn, and so on.

But with none of the above mentioned i go as far as collecting outtakes etc. If there are any.

"Right turn Clyde"

Post by Guest »

Yes Elvis is my number one, the one and only one. I`m 45 and only became a real Elvis fan a few years ago. I`ve always liked all kind of music, but I have never been a real fan of someone in particular before Elvis.
To me, a real fan is someone that just can`t have enough.

rickeap

Post by rickeap »

Yes and always will be
rick

buddy holly
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by buddy holly »

I don't know who's my number one, I even don't think like that. I like many classic Rockabilly, Country and Western Swing artist as well. Right now I happen to like Hank Thompson and Merle Travis but it all varies from time to time. Depends on my mood.

Bring joy, avoid misery and be grateful

karlos
Registered for: 19 years 4 months

IS ELVIS YOUR NO. 1. ENTERTAINER

Post by karlos »

Yes he is and he will always be . -

i have liked him since i wa 6 years old and respect him fully in what he did during his short lived career .
LONG MAY HE REIGN AS THE -
KING OF ROCK AND ROLL. -

:P

Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

No wonder Elvis was bored to death. He being #1 of all time would be tough listenning to himself! :shock: :shock: :lol: Lots of better singers than Elvis but he is MY favorite. :wink:

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Elvis is my number one. I do go through periods of not listening to him at all though. I have a big, vast taste in music, the 90's were my era so to speak so I like a lot of the Indie bands of that time and through to now. Alternative, indie rock bands.

Put it this way, if my house was on fire it would be my Elvis CD collection I'd rescue....after my guitars!!

heathbarclay
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

top three

Post by heathbarclay »

1. Elvis
2. Johnny Cash
3. The Beatles

These are the artists I listen to the most.

Post by Guest »

Elvis No 1 all the way! I listen to other bands/artist's of course but when it comes to collecting CDs, DVDs, Video's, Books Elvis always comes first.
Others I like :
George Thorogood & The Destroyers
John Mellencamp
Rod Stewart
Chuck Berry
Cheap Trick
Whitesnake
Robert Palmer
Bryan Adams
Meatloaf
Tom Jones
Barry Manilow (no laughing please!)
Bob Marley
Thin Lizzy
Creedence C R
Billy Ray Cyrus (again, no laughing!)
Huey Lewis & The News
Engelbert H
Gordon Lightfoot
Shania Twain
Cold Chisel
Australian Crawl
Billy Joel
ZZ Top
Johnny Cash
Steve Winwood
Rose Tattoo
Ricky Nelson
Roy Orbison
Barry White
Waylon J
Faith Hill
Chicago
Status Quo
Kim Wilde
Hendrix
Glen Campbell
Bill Haley
Hall & Oates
Beach Boys
Heart
Eagles
ELO
Village People (...and no, I'm not gay!) :smt018 :smt008 :lol:
Richard Marx
Gary Moore
Queen
B. Springsteen
Rolling Stones
The Who
Fleetwood M
Neil Diamond
Dire Straits
Foreigner
Bonnie Tyler
....Might as well tell my life story!

Yes, Elvis is my favorite! He had the best voice, wore fantastic clothing,
no one had the flamboyance and charisma like he did and NEVER will.
And more importantly, he had a heart of gold by 'giving'. I listen to his music everyday. :wink:

Brian Quinn

Post by Brian Quinn »

Elvis is No.1 for me by far.

Brian :D

Post by Guest »

Elvis is #1 for 40 years for me. There are no other artist that I even listen to on a regular basis. I direct the choir at church so I listen to alot of choral music.

Kylan

Post by Kylan »

Elvis is number one for me, but i like all different artists. classic rock, blues, r&b, country.

The Beatles
The Stones
CCR
The Eagles
Little Richard
Buddy Holly
The Everly Brothers
The Mamas and the Papas
The Doors
Johnny Cash
Bob Dylan
Jimi Hendrix
Otis Redding
Sam Cooke
Bo Diddley
Roy Orbison
Chuck Berry
Patsy Cline
Dolly Parton
Hank Williams
Waylon Jennings
Willie Nelson
Jerry Lee Lewis

Post by Guest »

I'm 28 and Elvis is #1, by far.

He was my first crush. I was five. Watched every movie he made before I was six, over and over again. My first round of Elvis obsession lasted until I was about 13 and then I kind of fell out of being obsessed. Still liked him, but didn't listen to him all the time and made no special effort to.

Then (I am ashamed to admit, almost!) I was watching American Idol this year (...yeah). It was the first season I'd ever watched AI, and it was only occasionally, as my friends kept me updated. It just so happened that I saw the Elvis show and the obsession bug bit hard again.

Watching the AI people try to sing Elvis songs made me HUGELY miss hearing and watching the real thing. It made me remember how freaking awesome Elvis was/is. And now....he's really been the only thing I listen to every day, although I like many, many different musical styles and artists.

JEFF d
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by JEFF d »

Why else would I come to this website(and others) almost daily to check for updates on a man who hasn't been with us for almost 30 years! :smt020

YES!

JEFF d
EAP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

Cryogenic

Post by Cryogenic »

I'm 23. Elvis is my first singer, musical artist and all-round entertainer.

I'm sure familiarity will breed contempt eventually. That's the saying, anyway. It will, won't it? Right, guys? :lol:

Naw. As the title of that third Batman film sorta goes... Elvis Forever. See? Even his name is just the coolest thing there is.

It's not that Elvis is the be-all and end-all. He's simply the best. In my opinion. But I am also a fan of other entertainers and performance artists like Sammy Davis Jr and Andy Kaufman.

These guys, and many others, all reaffirm the idea that the world is a stage, and life is yours for the taking. I know that sounds a little abstract, but what I mean is they make me feel great to be alive, because they're people who I can watch endlessly and still get the same thrill from, and people who just brightened up the world, or certainly *my* world, with their magnetic talent and presence.

I don't really consider many musicians entertainers. Music entertains, sure, but "entertainer" carries different connotations for me. That's why my response might seem a bit odd, especially when compared with everyone else's. Here's another nutty answer: Sacha Baron Cohen. That Borat film he has out right now is incredible. And I simply cannot believe the audacity and magnificence of that character and his others (Ali Gi, Bruno) over the years he's been performing as them. I find him highly entertaining. And he's got nothing to do with music. Then there is Mike Myers. I avoided the Austin Powers films like the plague because they were so popular. I associate modern popularity with dreck. I thought the films were loaded with sex jokes and toilet humour. Well, yes, they have lashings of the former and even a bit of the latter, but when I sat and watched them, I couldn't believe what I was seeing or hearing. I would personally shake Mike Myers hand just for getting me to laugh my @ss off. I don't actually laugh out loud easily, but his Austin Powers films are fantastic. They're the perfect thing to cheer me up. So he's another.

Incidentally, since Elvis' Babe rattled off her obsessions, I should also point out I am also a mondo geek: I am both a Trekkie and a Warsie. But I have given Trek a rest and am a total Warsie at present. Like Elvis' Babe, I post a lot about this other obsession, not just Elvis, and like to juggle between the two. Like Elvis' Babe, I enjoy lots of other films, including Disney films, though I'm by no means a Disney-phile. Like Elvis' Babe, I am an obsessive personality. Like Elvis' Babe, I truly have no life. :lol:

P.S. Sackofnachos, welcome back to Elvis and welcome to the board!
Last edited by Cryogenic on Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Guest »

The 1st one was Roy Orbison, little by little Elvis took 1st place ! :D

Post by Guest »

Cryogenic wrote: Incidentally, since Elvis' Babe rattled off her obsessions, I should also point out I am also a mondo geek: I am both a Trekkie and a Warsie. But I have given Trek a rest and am a total Warsie at present. Like Elvis' Babe, I post a lot about this other obsession, not just Elvis, and like to juggle between the two. Like Elvis' Babe, I enjoy lots of other films, including Disney films, though I'm by no means a Disney-phile. Like Elvis' Babe, I am an obsessive personality. Like Elvis' Babe, I truly have no life. :lol:

P.S. Sackofnachos, welcome back to Elvis and welcome to the board!
Thanks, Cryogenic! :D

It's funny, I'm also a Trekkie who is currently obsessed with SW at the moment. At various times I've been obsessed with James Dean, Tony Curtis, Paul Newman, and Quantum Leap.

But Elvis, Red Wings hockey, Star Trek, and Star Wars have been my most enduring fixations. I guess obsessive personalities are the norm around here. Good to know I fit in. :wink:

Liverbobs
Registered for: 20 years 6 months

Post by Liverbobs »

1. Elvis
2. Rolling Stones
3.The Jam
4.The Beatles (& solo)
5.Billy Bragg
6.Sex Pistols
7.Aerosmith
8.Oasis
9. Beautiful South
10. The Specials
11.Green Day

"How Do You Expect Me To Soar Like An Eagle When I'm Surrounded By Turkeys? " .Anon.

LesterB
Registered for: 18 years

Post by LesterB »

Elvis first and foremost!! I have an Elvis room that will generally attest to this :D

However - I like many other artists from SINATRA (brilliant), CHARLIE PARKER, ROLLING STONES, AC/DC (fantastic), AEROSMITH and even DORIS DAY :shock: . These are only a few but gives you an idea. I have many of their CDs. Oh and of course COUNTRY but mainly the more modern country from the last 15 years or so.

I also respect artists like Bruce Springteen, Dylan and Hendrix but cannot listen to them - I wish I could because I am obviously missing out on something but I just can't stand them :?

JUST FOR TODAY