Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
KiwiAlan
Registered for: 21 years

Elvis In Australia

Post by KiwiAlan »

I have just returned from what is becoming an annual holiday in Australia (thank goodness for dirt cheap air fares!).

I arrived in Melbourne the day after Elvis In Concert. I was appalled to see no special Elvis promotion in the CBD, Chapel St, Knox City, Fountaingate, Frankston,Bairnsdale or Albury.

No special display, no posters and worse of all no sign of added stock in stores!

I checked out every store I stumbled upon - Virgin, HMV, Etc, Etc you name it. Both new and second hand.

The only success I had was picking up the 12 track USA Elvis Gold Records Vol 2 released 2005 for $5.00 AUS at JB on Bourke St.

I had hoped that SonyBMG Australia would have been more active than NZ - but they are just as bad.

In case you think I am knocking Aussie - be advised that we have plans to migrate to North East Victoria in two years or so.

I guess KiwiAlan might have to become DingoAlan. NO not WombatAlan :D

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

Topic author
KiwiAlan
Registered for: 21 years

Post by KiwiAlan »

carolynlm wrote:You are absolutely right Kiwi....finding anything related to Elvis here is almost impossible.....there was no promotion of the concert in my town which is only 4 hours drive away.....a very short distance in the scheme of things. Finding an Elvis cd in the shops whether it is a record shop such as Sanity or one of the chain stores is the same. Sam has a shop he goes to that seems to have things in stock.......but travellling to Newcastle from here is a bit extreme, even for a fan.
Good luck with the move....what made you decide to live over here?
And Victoria of all places......You do know that we are in the middle of a major drought, so it won't be as lush and as green as NZ.
Just like that part of the country, away from the crowds, but 3 hours from the coast or Melboune.(Trams are an obsession of mine) A friend works for a water authority on the Murray, so heard nothing but drought, drought, drought!

I actually saw wheat only 12 inches high being harvested. The price of bread and meat (grain fed) is going to rocket on both sides of the Tasman. On a side note we pay 85 cents NZ for a kilo of bananas. :D

I even went to the Rod Laver arena hoping that I might be able to "liberate" a poster. No such luck - at 10am it was as though there was no concert the night before.

Sanity look suspiciously like a New Zealand chain known as SOUNDS - all froth and glamour but little quality.

Australia is a much more happier country than New Zealand - and believe or not far less crime.

When you get to the point where you really understand your computer, it's probably obsolete

Scott Haigh 781990EP
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Scott Haigh 781990EP »

Bloody cyclones! :evil:

I'm like a stranger, like a stranger in my own hometown
My so called friends stopped being friendly, oh but you can't keep a good man down

http://www.myspace.com/musicprisoner