Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:08 pm

Related ?!

Well heck, I ..... I ..... I AM Elvis Presley .......

Thang ya verra much :lol:

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:35 am

In all seriousness I'm sort of distantly related through marriage. I have an uncle (married to my father's sister, my aunt) whose last name is Fortenberry. He's originally from Mississippi. I recall him mentioning a few times when I was a kid that he was related to Elvis, 2cnd cousins or something like that (I think my uncle's mother was related to Gladys). He did not say this in a bragging manner, just sort of matter-of-fact. Lo & behold, years later in one of the Elvis books that gives his family tree I ran across the name Lillian Fortenberry!

Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:42 am

Pete Dube wrote:In all seriousness I'm sort of distantly related through marriage. I have an uncle (married to my father's sister, my aunt) whose last name is Fortenberry. He's originally from Mississippi. I recall him mentioning a few times when I was a kid that he was related to Elvis, 2cnd cousins or something like that (I think my uncle's mother was related to Gladys). He did not say this in a bragging manner, just sort of matter-of-fact. Lo & behold, years later in one of the Elvis books that gives his family tree I ran across the name Lillian Fortenberry!

That's pretty awesome Pete.

You may be very well related to him somehow!

Bet it was a huge feeling when you found that name in the book.

Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:16 pm

My folks always joked about being Elvis' cousin becuase of the Mansell name.At the Elvis meetup I attend two other people claim to be cousins and they are dead serious about it.One of them even have a customized plate on their car that states it.I have lived in So Carolina for several years now and I would say that 1/3 of all residents here claim to be Elvis' cousin.
Jak

Re:

Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:31 pm

jak wrote:My folks are originally from Florence Alabama which is close to Tupelo.My mothers's maiden name is Mansell.If Im not mistaken Mansell is also found on Glady's side of the family.Everybody knows that in the south if you share the last name on your family tree and are located in close proximity to each other youre related.In other words you are all discussing my cousin on this board.
Jak

For me, there's almost no doubt you're related to Elvis.

Re: Is anyone on this board related to Elvis?

Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:26 am

I did have a cat named Elvis once.............

Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:38 am

ColinB wrote:I did have a cat named Elvis once.............

Seven years ago ;)

Sent via Tapatalk

Re:

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:56 am

KempoDick wrote:Elvis loyalty to the Colonel came from the fact that Elvis was in fact his son.
Elvis didn't want anybody to know this (not even his father) so it was kept a secret, until now.

My mother became pregnant of me from a guy named Andreas, who left for the USA.

Combine these two facts and Elvis was my younger brother.

Lmao ere ''Kempodick '' :smt038 :smt043 :smt043 :smt003 :smt005

Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:29 am

Same here through marriage - VERY distant but enough to feel chuffed on a superficial level. I'm from Ireland originally but my younger brother moved to California a few years ago and married a girl who was Mexican or half Mexican. Her mother can trace a direct route to the Cherokee Indian part of Elvis. I can't remember it exactly and I was pretty dubious when they first told me but they were able to name names that I knew which a non fan wouldn't know plus they have no reason to make it up, they're not the type either.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:34 am

I am pretty sure I am related to Elvis.

His Mom's maiden name is Smith.

That is my last name too.

So, I have to be related somehow!!

It's obvious!!!! :D

::rocks

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:29 am

He's my uncle, not my dad

Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:51 am

paulsweeney wrote:He's my uncle, not my dad

He's your uncle, not your dad. ;)

Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:19 am

Wow some of Elvis's family members are on this board!.............please.. :roll:

Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:42 am

This girl is his cousin. She's a student at the University Of Mississippi.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:52 am

I am his father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:21 am

If you go back far enough............... aren't we all related ?

Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:11 pm

Yeah, here on this board we're all related to Elvis! :D

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:05 pm

paulsweeney wrote:He's my uncle, not my dad

Quit.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Cousin, Kissing Coussiiinnn :smt003 :smt003 :smt003

Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:38 pm

SuspiciousMind wrote:This girl is his cousin. She's a student at the University Of Mississippi.

Now there's a cousin I'd like to kiss :smt007

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:19 am

Actually, I'm the result of a fling he had with my mama while he was on tour in April 1972.

He and mama never spoke after their "run in" back in April 72, except for when she wrote him and told him about me. He finally made a late night visit to see me back in late 1976, and I'll never forget the words he said to me....."Boy, don't you ever go messin' around those Stanleys without any money"

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:34 am

Only through "Adam and Evil".

Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:36 am

Big Boss Man wrote:Actually, I'm the result of a fling he had with my mama while he was on tour in April 1972.

He and mama never spoke after their "run in" back in April 72, except for when she wrote him and told him about me. He finally made a late night visit to see me back in late 1976, and I'll never forget the words he said to me....."Boy, don't you ever go messin' around those Stanleys without any money"

Lmao ere Big Boss Man - :smt003 :smt003

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:30 am

Yes - I didn't want to mention it, but Elvis and I am indeed related.

The details are here:

http://tinyurl.com/2dstkpw

Chris

Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:48 am

Does it count if I am his clone?
phpBB [video]