Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Is anyone on this board related to Elvis?

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:47 am

If so how are you kin?

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:38 am

Yeah, not bad, how about yourself? :lol:!

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:49 am

Back at the U of I in Champaign, IL, I frequented this country bar and were acquaintances with the band that played there. The bass player and guitar player were brothers and experienced musicians that toured with their father's bands since they were kids. They played with the Jordainarres at a festival once a long while back. They were second cousins to Elvis (if I remember correctly) on Gladys' side.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:31 am

I'm not quite sure of the exact relationship but we both could be traced back to Adam & Eve.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:39 pm

I am Elvis' granny.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:42 pm

My aunty [on my mother's side] saw an Elvis film once, but she forgot which one it was.

Does this count ?

Thu Oct 26, 2006 2:19 pm

I am only related to Elvis thru blood - we are 'Kissin' Cousins'.

'I Got Lucky' when I went to 'Mexico' with him once where we had a 'Clambake'. The 'Night Life' was fantastic. 'Little Egypt' was there doing her 'Wolf Call' and shaking her 'Golden Coins'. I had the 'Confidence' to 'Do The Vega - Clam and Bossa Nova' then 'Relax' with a 'Marguerita'.

Ah the 'Memories' - It sure is 'Funny How Time Slips Away'.

Andy (distant relation)

Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:18 pm

Jetblack.......now that was funny :D

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:46 pm

Spellbinder wrote:I'm not quite sure of the exact relationship but we both could be traced back to Adam & Eve.

That's the best answer so far in this thread!! :wink:

Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:57 pm

Only in a spiritual sense!

Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:53 pm

Well I'm his younger brother but that's a secret. If I told anyone they would expect me to sing and dance like he did and I cannot do that! However I am willing to try my luck with the ladies like he did... and yes you can call me Elvis.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 6:08 pm

Not related to Elvis, but I did share a turkey leg with Lamar Fike once...does that count? :P

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:21 pm

We're all cousins - that's what I believe.

Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:37 pm

My first wife is Cathy and my second Susan

:shock:

You're only supposed to have one, you know. :lol:

Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:10 pm

My folks are originally from Florence Alabama which is close to Tupelo.My mothers's maiden name is Mansell.If Im not mistaken Mansell is also found on Glady's side of the family.Everybody knows that in the south if you share the last name on your family tree and are located in close proximity to each other youre related.In other words you are all discussing my cousin on this board.
Jak

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:18 pm

The Purple Gang wrote:
My first wife is Cathy and my second Susan

:shock:

You're only supposed to have one, you know. :lol:

Some guys are just gluttons for punishment !

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:23 pm

In other words you are all discussing my cousin on this board.

jak, so that is why you are really so defensive about South Bend....

Thu Oct 26, 2006 10:40 pm

midnightx wrote:

:lol:

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:04 am

Wasn't the Presley family traced back to Scotland recently? My mum is from Scotland, so maybe.. just maybe..

Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:58 am

midnightx wrote:

Nobody is gonna bad mouth my cousin "E" and get way with it!

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:02 pm

KevinK wrote:Wasn't the Presley family traced back to Scotland recently? My mum is from Scotland, so maybe.. just maybe..

There's certainly a family resemblance. You look just like him in your avatar. :wink:

As well as the Scots the Welsh were claiming links to Elvis not so long ago too.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:36 pm

jetblack wrote:I am only related to Elvis thru blood - we are 'Kissin' Cousins'.

'I Got Lucky' when I went to 'Mexico' with him once where we had a 'Clambake'. The 'Night Life' was fantastic. 'Little Egypt' was there doing her 'Wolf Call' and shaking her 'Golden Coins'. I had the 'Confidence' to 'Do The Vega - Clam and Bossa Nova' then 'Relax' with a 'Marguerita'.

Ah the 'Memories' - It sure is 'Funny How Time Slips Away'.

Andy (distant relation)

Very cool, jetblack. 8) :smt023 :smt038

Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:58 pm

Tony Trout wrote:
Spellbinder wrote:I'm not quite sure of the exact relationship but we both could be traced back to Adam & Eve.

That's the best answer so far in this thread!! :wink:

i got to protest here, this honour goes to collinb! :lol: :shock: :lol:

ColinB wrote:My aunty [on my mother's side] saw an Elvis film once, but she forgot which one it was.

Does this count ?

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:24 pm

Elvis loyalty to the Colonel came from the fact that Elvis was in fact his son.
Elvis didn't want anybody to know this (not even his father) so it was kept a secret, until now.

My mother became pregnant of me from a guy named Andreas, who left for the USA.

Combine these two facts and Elvis was my younger brother.

Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:49 pm

Even though my last name is Presley and have a daughter named Lisa Marie I'm not related. I too had a stillborn brother and a mispelling of my middle name on my birth certificate but that was only coincidental. I have done some genelogical research and have found some common names in the same areas of the country but cannot claim any matches. In fact if Elvis' great grandmother Rosella Presley had married and taken her husbands last name as was the custom over a hundred years ago I wouldn't even be making this post.