Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Colonel Tom Parker inventory .

Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:45 pm

Has it ever been disclosed what the colonel had in his collection when he passed away ?
Bill

Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:17 pm

The Colonel sold all his Elvis items to EPE on the condition it would remain "Elvis and The Colonel". Insiders claim he could have made much more money if he had auctioned the items separate.

Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:36 am

I guess he sold it to cover is 1977 Hilton Hotel gambling debt of $US30 million?

Sun Jul 20, 2003 2:53 am

I was hoping there was 1969 Vegas footage in his collection .

Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:21 am

Luuk wrote:The Colonel sold all his Elvis items to EPE on the condition it would remain "Elvis and The Colonel". Insiders claim he could have made much more money if he had auctioned the items separate.

Whom are these so-called "insiders" ........ ? Sounds like more "MYTH" to me.

At any rate, EPE is doing just that - selling the items off separately:

1. 1999 Guernsey Auction
2. Gallery Items available at EPE's "Official" website (where Graceland is also attempting to dictate the secondary market value of "junk" collectibles).

N8
... just a fan ....

Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:36 am

Some of Parker's things, like cancelled checks made out to Elvis and contracts have been sealed under framed glass and currently displayed at the EP Restaurant on Beale St.

Some other checks and contracts have been scattered about on a white background and professionally photographed, or scanned, and blown up into big posters that sell for $225 at G'land Plaza gift shop. The posters are mostly blank white except fof these few yellowed paper items clustered in the center.