Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Elvis.com email to shut down

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

It went from free to $21.00 a year to gone. The elvis.com email will cease operations in the next month or so. When I asked EPE to reconsider, this was their response:

All alternatives have been considered and the decision to discontinue the Elvis.com email subscription service is final. We are very sorry for any disappointment or inconvenience the discontinuation of Elvis.com email might cause any of the subscribers. But, we are confident that all the new content, special features and new services we will be focusing our attention on bringing to Elvis.com in the future will more than make up for it.

Many thanks & our best wishes.

"new content, special features and new services"

I'm smelling more ducks!

Tom

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****

Post by ekenee »

Tom in NC wrote: I'm smelling more ducks!

Well, they do "more than make up for it", you must admit.

I would've liked to have been at the meeting when someone blurted out the duck idea.

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

Another brilliant fan-based decision on the part of Big Brother. I also voiced my disappointment at this decision, and I got the same response. It's not as if we were getting a free service with the Elvis email.

I doubt that I'll see any of the "new content, features, blah blah blah..."About the only time I ever log on to the official website is/was to check my email. Now, I don't see any reason to go there.

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

KHoots wrote:....the only time I ever log on to the official website is/was to check my email. Now, I don't see any reason to go there.
Same here. Plus, I always had folks ask me about elvis.com when they saw my email addy. I know for a fact that some of them bought CD's and DVD's from the site, but I guess that doesn't matter to them either.

Tom

elvissessions
Registered for: 20 years

Post by elvissessions »

It does seem like an unusually dumb mistake, especially in light of the fact that in their FAQ on the subject they admit that the users' fees paid all the costs of running the e-mail service.

In general I try to understand that EPE is a business and has to make some tough financial decisions.

But their rationale for this one sucks -- at least as far as they've explained it so far.

I'm sorely disappointed to be losing the e-mail address and annoyed as hell to have to contact everybody on my mailing list and revise all my user information across the Internet.

It does sort of piss me off that the loyal folk like us who stuck with them through their fee-based phase are getting screwed. If it were a money-losing enterprise, I'd understand. But they say right upfront that it's not.