Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Cryogenic
Registered for: 18 years 2 months

Re: Was Elvis ever braging?

Post by Cryogenic »

drjohncarpenter wrote:
kkn wrote:Does anyone have any other observations about EP "bragging"?
Elvis was a human being. He did the things we all do in life ... brag, laugh, wank, poop, cry, eat, sleep, watch TV, drive, throw up ... you get the picture.
Personally, I think there's one thing in that list Elvis didn't really need to do too much of. :wink:

Topic author
kkn
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by kkn »

Thank you all fr the comments. I think too that if anyone had ther "right" to brag it was him...and I think too that a lot of it, i.e. the quote I started with" was said both with glimpse in the eye - but also with the fact in mind, that he was right!!

LesterB
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by LesterB »

Swithin StCleeve wrote:During the Desert Storm show, he's rambling on a lot - and at one point at the start he says he's "six foot one and half". Now in '56 he owned up to being "an even six foot". Why, nearly 20 years after did he feel the need to 'brag' about his height?
And then there's the endless bragging about his Karate achievements. Very indulgent.

My point is, he was always humble, as you all say, that was part of his charm.
But the later years, now and then, Elvis did take to 'bigging himself up' on stage, and to me it all went hand in hand with his insecurity during those troubled times. Healthy Elvis let his talent speak for itself.

Considering the NUMEROUS hours of audio outtakes and concerts that we have I think its pretty safe to say that Elvis was not a big head - the evidence is not there. There might have been the occassional thing which was said when he was under critical attack but thats it really. The karate thing is no more than enthusiasm. Compare Elvis' so-called bragging to most human beings!!!

Elvis was not perfect but was certainly not a big head.

JUST FOR TODAY

Topic author
kkn
Registered for: 20 years 10 months

Post by kkn »

You're right...probably not a big head....But he sure had an ego and was aware of himself I think....who else would use a cape the way he did in the early seventies....and NOT look redicoulos? :D

My way

Post by Guest »

I came to think about "My way" as he sang it june 77. I think he really felt that the song could have been written for him and he certenly had the right to. "To THINK I did ALL THAT"

LesterB
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by LesterB »

kkn wrote:You're right...probably not a big head....But he sure had an ego and was aware of himself I think....who else would use a cape the way he did in the early seventies....and NOT look redicoulos? :D
For me Elvis had this wonderful ability to do the Cape type thing and yet involve the fan with him. I never feel threatened by Elvis and feel that he was certainly the sort of bloke that I could get on with - even though he was the worlds greatest superstar.

Thats the magic of Elvis.

JUST FOR TODAY

MB280E
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
On Suspension Until Further Notice...
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Re: Was Elvis ever braging?

Post by MB280E »

Cryogenic wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
kkn wrote:Does anyone have any other observations about EP "bragging"?
Elvis was a human being. He did the things we all do in life ... brag, laugh, wank, poop, cry, eat, sleep, watch TV, drive, throw up ... you get the picture.
Personally, I think there's one thing in that list Elvis didn't really need to do too much of. :wink:

That´s great Cryogenic!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I know what´s on your mind... :wink:

Sincerely MB280E

"Folks, it´s been 9 years since I performed before a live audience. I´ve been busy making an 8mm film that hasn´t been released yet about a squirrel who gets lost in the wintertime and can´t find his nuts."

´98 W140 S320 (my new baby)
´90 W124 230E (sold...)
´81 W123 280E (R.I.P.)