Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Disco King ???

Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:21 pm

Just wondering if any of the UK people on this board watched last nights edition of "Liquid News", the entertainment/gossip show on BBC3 ?

The "special" guests were Sister Sledge, who complained about the bandwagon jumpers who ruined disco in the 1970`s. When challenged by the presenter to name names, one of Sister Sledge said Elvis was one of these people who should never have attempted disco ! When asked what disco he actually did, all she could say was, " well, he played Vegas, and wore those high collars" !

Elvis has taken a lot of flack down the years, but bringing disco music into disrepute ? That a new one on me ! :shock: The Disco

Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:56 pm

Me thinks that Sister Sludge-for-brains should shut her bloody cake hole before she says something REALLY stupid.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:43 pm

Too late.

Tom

Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:46 pm

Wouldn't Elvis' "I Can Help" be a disco beat with a 50s melody?

I wonder if it got played in discos back in 75-77.

Useless trivia:

DISCO VOLANTE means flying saucer in Italian. (Ian Fleming's "Thunderball")

Useful Trivia:

The Bee Gee's material on SNF rules!

Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:23 pm

I wish Elvis HAD made a disco something. Most superstar rockers of the day did, ONCE, and it worked.

Rolling Stones - Miss You
Rod Stewart - Do Ya Think I'm Sexy
Elton John - Mama Can't Buy You Love

and several others. Elvis could have done a whole album worth - ONCE - and it would have...if only...blah blah blah...

Semon's "It's Only Love" extended mix was kind of an all-that's-possible-now attempt at that and it <i><b>was</i></b> a UK hit.

Deja vu I think I wrote all this on the old board.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:45 pm

The closest Elvis ever got to disco was the drumbeat on the chorus of Moody Blue. But who knows what direction he would've taken had he lived. For all we know he might have became Elvisco, the king of disco!