Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:33 am

I have the USA edition - all four discs are correctly spelt "violation".

I assume you have a EU version - what is interesting that they didn't use the original artwork.

Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:11 pm

Just got my copy of 'Close Up' today !

1st impression [only played CD's 1 & part of 2]:

Sound quality - awesome !!

Some of these 50's tracks sound so fresh it's like they have been re-recorded by Elvis himself today !

On a technical note: isn't the Take 1 of Big Boots on CD 2 [marked 'fast version'] actually the mid-tempo version ?

MID TEMPO

Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:20 pm

Yeah, it should be listed as the 'mid tempo' version of "Big boots". What do you think of those cracking versions of "Treat me nice" and "Baby, I don't care"?
TONY DOBB

Fri Jul 18, 2003 5:56 pm

Tony -

Thanks !

The versions you mention are great !

I only asked about that pesky 'Big Boots' thing because I was having trouble listing it on my database.

Have listened to CD 3 now.

Err.......what happened to Take 8 of "Mine" ?

Only got Take 9 on my copy !

Fri Jul 18, 2003 9:49 pm

ColinB wrote:Tony -

Thanks !

The versions you mention are great !

I only asked about that pesky 'Big Boots' thing because I was having trouble listing it on my database.

Have listened to CD 3 now.

Err.......what happened to Take 8 of "Mine" ?

Only got Take 9 on my copy !

Oh,so your copy doesn't have Elvis singing 3 full verses of "MacArthur Park." between takes 8 & 9 of "Mine" then,Colin? shame :wink:

Mon Jul 21, 2003 3:16 pm

Dan T -

Oh,so your copy doesn't have Elvis singing 3 full verses of "MacArthur Park." between takes 8 & 9 of "Mine" then,Colin? shame

Now stop that !

What about Take 13 of 'Young & Beautiful' ?

It's actually Take 12 [false start] followed by Take 13 [complete].

Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:20 am

Take 8 of "Mine" is actually a false start where the engineer forgets to turn on Elvis' mike, after recording an instrumental of the song, hence Elvis' comments about a whole album of instrumentals. It isn't on Close Up though, only take 9

Lucky