Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Fri Jul 18, 2003 3:58 am

I agree. Time will tell. I did not especially care for ALLC at first, either, but I warmed up to it over time. I still would have preferred a remix of "Let Yourself Go," however.

Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:11 am

I like it alot, this song will be huge.

Fri Jul 18, 2003 6:28 am

Well..... after about 30 playings.

It grows on me - in fact - I like it!

Imagine an album of this and Junkies standard. Would be the dance album of the decade.

Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:48 am

Well there you have it folks !

If this release has the KiwiAlan stamp of approval, how can it fail ?

New Zealand has spoken !

Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:52 am

It didn't grab me like ALLC did. But here's hoping. I liked the end guitar bit as well. It might grow on me with another thirty listens to. :lol:

:twisted:

Fri Jul 18, 2003 10:56 am

Sam -

I agree.

The worrying thing is that a 'pop' single has to grab the listener after one or two hearings.

Let's hope it gets the airplay that ALLC did.

Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:35 am

I'd like to hear the girls singing backup turned up more, it adds to it's funkiness. Also, I recall when ALLC was out, there was quite a bit of discussion on the radio about that part of the song where Elvis sings "C'mon, c'mon" and the girls would echo him. This seemed to be the catchy part of the tune for many radio listeners, so perhaps part of this formula can be added to Rubberneckin'.
BTW - do any Aussies or Sheepbuddies :twisted: , err, New Zealanders recall that Jenny Morris song Body & Soul from 1987? If so, doesn't that guitar riff at the end of Rubberneckin' sound like it's ripped off from this song?

Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:06 pm

Spot on Evan that last musical 'outtage' does indeed sound like Body & Soul. Odd for sure :shock:

Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:31 pm

I could care less about this remix.
the only really great thing that came out of that link,
was I finally got the chance to watch Elvis play his Gretsch guitar
while singing "Little Sister" live on stage and watch
him sing "Oh Happy Day" during rehersal!
great stuff...........
should have been on the TTWII SE DVD.

John

Fri Jul 18, 2003 2:43 pm

Hi,neckywoudje,gentleman,
I'm patriot Japanese just like Mr.Mishima:the last SAMURAI,respect every person who loves own country,own nation.
I am sure you've heard a number of tall tales,myths and legends about the man.I can assure you,gentleman,most of them are true.
Last edited by acapulco45 on Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:44 pm

Come again?